PS3 Better than 360, Heres the Reasons

I think Sony is going to take a hit, maybe not now, but within five years. The Xbox360's lifespan is going to be around five or six years, then Microsoft will be developing it's next system. Sony claims that the PS3's lifespan will be ten years. What happens when some new technology comes out in a few years that totally kills any current technology? When Microsoft designs their new system in five years, they can implement the new technology. Because the PS3 is supposed to last ten years, Sony will have two options, release a new system years before they promised, or have old technology for the next five years.

I know I'd pissed if I bought a system that was promised to last ten years, only having to buy another five years down the road.

360 better then ps3. Heres THE reason.

Quarter 1 of 2007
Army of Two
Battlestations: Midway
Bullet Witch
Crackdown (Febuary 20th, 2007)
Culdcept Saga
Dance Dance Revolution Universe
Def Jam: ICON
DIRT: Colin McRae Off-Road
The Earth Defense Force 2017
Fatal Inertia
Fusion Frenzy 2
GTR
Guitar Hero II
Lost Planet (January 12th, 2007)
Meet the Robinsons
Mobile Ops: The One-Year War
NBA Street Homecourt
Rapala Trophies (January 9th, 2007)
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Shadowrun
TMNT
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
Two Worlds
Vampire Rain (January 25th, 2007)
Winning Eleven 10

Quarter 2 of 2007
Alone in the Dark: Near Death Investigation
Armored Core 4
Battlefield: Bad Company
The Bigs
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
The Darkness
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Forza Motorsport 2
John Woo’s Stranglehold
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Mass Effect
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia
SEGA Rally Revo
Shrek the Third
Spider-Man 3
Virtua Tennis 3
World Championship Poker 2007 featuring Howard Lederer
World Snooker Championship 2007

Quarter 3 of 2007
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway
Cipher Complex
Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars
Dark Sector
Elveon
Half-Life 2 Mega Pack
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Hellboy
Indiana Jones 2007
Marvel Nemesis 2
Overlord
Transformers
Virtua Fighter 5

Quarter 4 of 2007
Assassin’s Creed
Banjo-Kazooie
Castle Wolfenstein
Clive Barker’s Jericho
The Club
Fall of Liberty
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Grand Theft Auto IV (October 17th, 2007)
Halo 3
The Lord of the Rings: The White Council
Lost Odyssey
Mortal Kombat
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rouge Warrior
Skate
Star Wars 2007
Star Wars Battlefront III
Too Human
Turok
The Wheelman

TBA 2007
100 Bullets
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
Battlestar Galatica Online
Burnout 5
Captain Blood
Crossfire
Dirty Harry
Eternal Sonata
Golden Axe
Haze
Heat
Huxley
John Carpenter's Psychopath
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
LA Noire
Lost
Magna Carta 2
Naruto
Postal III
The Precusors
Project Sylpheed
Spectral Diario
Spider-Man Trilogy
Stuntman 2
Tenchu
Timeshift

Pwned.

i think in a year in half or 2 sony ps3 is ganna be doing great. +
people are just not willing to shell out $600 bucks for a gaming system with not that many games out yet ..i have a wii360 still ganna get my ps3 when i find the 60gig one in stores they always have the other one lol

Firstly, stupidest reasons I have ever read.

Also, someone claims Final Fantasy Series is for girl gamers? That's the most absurd thing I've heard its worse than the original poster's post. That could be considering trolling or trying to start a flame.

not true

Not true the 360 and ps3 are suppose to have the same graphics and the same games except ps3 has a lot of glitches because it was supposed to come out when the 360 came out. Another thing is its supposed to run on blue rate discs. If you want to get a new system, bet the xbox 360 or PS3, the Wii sucks.

anthony.a said:
Not true the 360 and ps3 are suppose to have the same graphics and the same games except ps3 has a lot of glitches because it was supposed to come out when the 360 came out. Another thing is its supposed to run on blue rate discs. If you want to get a new system, bet the xbox 360 or PS3, the Wii sucks.
One word: No

Online will stop being free at the end of the year go to there site. There is a whole page on it. dont ask me for the link cause im using my wii and have no idea what the URL is.

Kedarshashi said:
... certain games in the xbox360 that has been proven to have better graphics

i think the main reason for this is that PS3 is a little harder to program on, 360 is common ground pragramming wise, not just becuase the systems been out longer but just the general architecture of the thing is more straight forward and familiar. developers arn't choosing to spend the extra time getting ports to ps3 looking as good as they could.. and you cant blame them really, its not gonna make the game much better(most certainly wont effect sales much) if the anti-aliasing is more intact or there are better shadows being cast.

I think as time goes on it'll be more apparent that the ps3 is capable of pushing the boundries a little further than the 360, enough difference to have a more positive effect on gameplay? probably not.

imae said:
i think the main reason for this is that PS3 is a little harder to program on, 360 is common ground pragramming wise, not just becuase the systems been out longer but just the general architecture of the thing is more straight forward and familiar. developers arn't choosing to spend the extra time getting ports to ps3 looking as good as they could.. and you cant blame them really, its not gonna make the game much better(most certainly wont effect sales much) if the anti-aliasing is more intact or there are better shadows being cast.

I think as time goes on it'll be more apparent that the ps3 is capable of pushing the boundries a little further than the 360, enough difference to have a more positive effect on gameplay? probably not.
no the reason is is because their comparing first gen ps3 games to 2nd gen 360 games, compare a game like perfect dark zero to resistance for a more accurate comparison

Sovieto said:
no the reason is is because their comparing first gen ps3 games to 2nd gen 360 games, compare a game like perfect dark zero to resistance for a more accurate comparison

ah i was mistaken. i was under the impression they meant exactly the same game looking better on 360 than ps3 (multi-format games looking better on 360).

in the case completly different games are being compared on either console, then i agree its a false argument.

Last edited:
imae said:
ah i was mistaken. i was under the impression they meant exactly the same game looking better on 360 than ps3 (multi-format games looking better on 360).

in the case completly different games are being compared on either console, then i agree its a false argument.
oh well multi ones it is because devs are still figuring out the hardware whilst they know the 360 much more

Sovieto said:
another thing, you say people are falling into 360s marketing tricks, all though blu-ray is being forced which will probably fail like the betamax

Oh so true. People made a big fuss about the betamax back in the day stating that the smaller tape was more portable and it played clearer....NOT. With Blu ray...yes it does look great, but my 360 looks just as good without the HD drive (720i). And you also have to think about this. I own just about 500 dvd's alone....why in da snot would I go out and buy the same movie in blu ray at 2-3 times the going price? :hand: I think I'll wait hold for such a *GREAT* system....:drool:

Back