PS3...will be better

thatstobadd56

Player Hater
Nov 21, 2006
Wii Online Code
0415-6074-8999-8552
NOT BY MUCH...i read and heard on the news that sony is going to lower both versions of the PS3 by $100 at the end of the quarter...whenever that is.

thatstobadd56 said:
NOT BY MUCH...i read and heard on the news that sony is going to lower both versions of the PS3 by $100 at the end of the quarter...whenever that is.

Can I get a link?

Sony can't lower the system price. Although that's more of a possibility than selling 3 million units in the next 2 months. If Sony actually does drop the system price, which we all hope they do, Microsoft and Nintendo will too. I hope they realize that.

Wiinoob..
i saw it on T.V. in Seattle on King 5 news in the Bloomberg Stock report..thats what i heard from the lady on the news.

thatstobadd56 said:

So the price drop is going to occur in the next 10 days?!

We are in Q1 right now which is Jan/Feb/Mar. Q2 begins April and goes through to the end of June.

Lol I don't believe this for a second. If does happen then w/e. It won't change anything really. There are no worthwhile games for it. It still has most of it titles appearing on either the 360, Wii, or PC (sometimes 2 or all 3). So people aren't going to feel compelled to buy it for a few titles.

or you could just stop beign cheap and get one now. These arnt like computers, they only get updated like every 3 or 4 years. And it plays blue ray while all other blue ray players are like $800. So really its cheap for the price

mrpiddly said:
or you could just stop beign cheap and get one now. These arnt like computers, they only get updated like every 3 or 4 years. And it plays blue ray while all other blue ray players are like $800. So really its cheap for the price

I'm sorry for not having $600 laying around and sorry for not wanting to blow my money around. I hate all of the "The PS3 is a ****ing bargain. Stop bitching and buy it." argument. Yes, it's a bargain. But as a gaming console that PLAYS GAMES, it's a rip-off considering that the other 2 consoles are much cheaper. Besides, BR players are going to be cheaper as well. Hell, I recently read an article stating that Sony is planning to slash the price to $600! Oops!

RedProdigy said:
I'm sorry for not having $600 laying around and sorry for not wanting to blow my money around. I hate all of the "The PS3 is a ****ing bargain. Stop bitching and buy it." argument. Yes, it's a bargain. But as a gaming console that PLAYS GAMES, it's a rip-off considering that the other 2 consoles are much cheaper. Besides, BR players are going to be cheaper as well. Hell, I recently read an article stating that Sony is planning to slash the price to $600! Oops!

There are $600 blu ray players out right now. Its a smart move. WHo the hell is gonna buy a 360 when it endorses hd dvd? The other 2 consoles are cheaper because they dont offer what the ps3 can. Especially the wii. The wii imo is a rip off. I could have bought a gamecube for under $100.

they are going to lower the price but sony said that they are going to take the ps2 backward computability chip out... so this means that very few ps2 will work on the ps3.

Wii&Ps3 said:
There are $600 blu ray players out right now. Its a smart move. WHo the hell is gonna buy a 360 when it endorses hd dvd? The other 2 consoles are cheaper because they dont offer what the ps3 can. Especially the wii. The wii imo is a rip off. I could have bought a gamecube for under $100.

But the Wii isn't a Gamecube. Case closed. :thumbsup:

Might as well be. Same graphics, games, with a novelty remote. They could have just changed the gamecube up a little bit and you would have the same thing. $250 for a white gamecube is stupid. It should be like $99-$149 at the max.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Might as well be. Same graphics, games, with a novelty remote. They could have just changed the gamecube up a little bit and you would have the same thing. $250 for a white gamecube is stupid. It should be like $99-$149 at the max.

But the Wii isn't a Gamecube. :thumbsup:

Back