PS360 answers the Wii, finally

I think they know this, but maybe blinded by recent success maybe?

When you said that the XBOX360 core system is only $250, isn't that the model without the hard drive (ie. the useless model)? I don't think the 360 price cut will do much to Wii sales. Wii is for one type of gamer, and 360 is for another, and then there are those of us who had to have both.

nintendo cares more for hardcore gamers cause they haev opinion on the matter, give wii sports to any casual gamer and they'll like it

however a star fox game for example, a hardcore gamer will compare it to previous star fox games, and how long it is to other games(such as tp) and what not

trust me wii health pack will sell a lot cause the wii is targeted to casual gamers and they'll like anything you throw at them

mushroomedmario said:
ssb about button mashing

*scratches head

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME

ssb is one of the few fighters that isn't about button mashing

you give it to a hard core korean button masher, and on the screen, he would be just doing a b-up move the whole time

man this is made by nintendo

not capcom

get yo facts straight

^_^
no, get your facts straight.
button mashing today, or how he used it, simply means using a controller that has all buttons. this term gained a new meaning once the wii came out. there are hardly any games that are just about mashing, the ones are just suck, like dynasty warriors.
and what do you mean, made by nintendo, not capcom?? since when did capcom make a "button masher"?
and no, a korean person wouldnt just be doing up+b the whole time, thats a horrible strategy..or, way to play. ssb is about shielding and parrys, on top of thinking fast.

Actually button mashing is a term originated way back in the day from fighter games where people wouldn't learn the actual combos they would just mash keys.

Through all of that I couldn't pinpoint the price drops.

I expect to get a job soon.
Job means money.

Money means I can enjoy a beautiful game...

And I'll definately be looking into either a PS3 or 360.

Good to see you Trulen.
Yeah, even though it droped, I need to save for a good down payment on a house so I dont see another gaming system in my future, sadly.

i like your thoughts, but i hardly think that today is the day the wii died per se.

although it will boost the ps3 and 360 sales, i dont think it will even dent the wii sales. i think it would take more than a price cut to do that. killer apps for sure. (halo 3 on the way although a lot of the ppl who want it already own the 360)

vagrant said:
Actually button mashing is a term originated way back in the day from fighter games where people wouldn't learn the actual combos they would just mash keys.
i know, but as i said the term changed, and now wii owners and what not consider it just using only buttons

Nintendo could potentionally sell the Wii for 100$.. It wouldnt hurt them. They are making money off consoles rite now. Games would keep em fine.

Sovieto said:
i know, but as i said the term changed, and now wii owners and what not consider it just using only buttons
Seriously? I refuse to follow this new definition because its wrong and makes no sense. Smash Brothers is a button masher just like Dynasty Warriors

mushroomedmario said:
umm except for the fact that you can throw/use items, double jump and even though your special moves are easier than most fighting games, they are not 100% goign to his your opponment and can leave you vulnerable

edit: and in marvel vs capcom(example) and can just keep pressing a button for a long time so your opponment dosn't even have a chance to fight back, this wouldn't happen in ssb, and you have the change to sheild(and move around) if your opponment is button mashing
Wow, so double jumping is a combo?

Pressing a single button continuously in a capcom game can easily defeated even by the most novice player. For example if I was playing as Ryu I would throw a hoduken to knock you down.

Last edited:
You guys kidding me? I really don't think the sales of Wii will be affected by the price drop. Even if it is..It will be a long time before Ps3 catches up to where Nintendo is. I mean in Japan only the Wii is outselling Ps3 6 to 1. There might be a little nudge in sales for ps3 and 360. But nothing to really potentially kill the Wii.

Every article I am reading on every gaming site about the ps3 price drop is pretty much conclusive that it is only going to hurt Sony because it won't make a drastic different especially compared to the increased loss of profit they are going to have per console.

Microsoft on the other hand is cutting the price due to cheaper parts.

The price drop of the other two won't affect sales. People buy the system they prefer and I don't think lower prices will affect the Wii too much. Afterall, most people buy the Wii because it is differant to what convential consoles are usually like. I bet most people would have bought it wether it was the price of the 360 or the PS3. So just becuase the 360 and PS3 may be coming down in price, if someone wants a new way to play games they'll still choose the Wii.

I still won't be buying either 360 or PS3 as I'm happy with the choice I made.

Back