PS360 answers the Wii, finally

manufan15 said:
I don't agree that the Wii died.

Who do you not agree with?

Vagrant said:
Just because you personally lose interest in the Wii, doesn't mean the Wii as a whole has died. And Nintendo is making far more money off the Wii than Microsoft or Sony are off their consoles.

Talking to anyone in particular?

I'm not agreeing with you!
You said this. "No, I'm not suggesting that today is the day Nintendo died."
Which is not true, with the DS selling tons per day, and huge titles that didn't even come out yet for the Wii. You didn't even give the Wii a chance, it's only been out for a half a year!

The wii is not dead! I dont recal anyone saying it was...but i still felt the need to add that comment since no-one else did..oh wait...I agree with ya on the fact that nintendo needs to step up on the online MP's and games that appeal to the "hardcore" gamers. RE4 is only gonna keep me entertained so long...

manufan15 said:
Which is not true, with the DS selling tons per day, and huge titles that didn't even come out yet for the Wii. You didn't even give the Wii a chance, it's only been out for a half a year!

So you're saying that Yes, today is the day Nintendo died?

manufan15 said:

I think you need to read that sentence very carefully this time...If you do it right you'll get a gold star...

*taps fingers on desk*
*stands up like hitler takes off glasses (i dont were any)*
Wii is going to continue good sales, just reading the still searching for a wii thread, and i went to the shops yesterdayand i overheard 5-6 parents asking the clerks *you guys have any wii's in stock?* and the clerks like no.
so imagine this all around australia. thats like 100,000 wiis gonna be sold.

i like the 360 but ps3 -.- hmmm, not really any games that intrest me on that system. and their price drop is a bit desperate.

vagrant said:
You would have been quoted if I was talking in particular to you. And the same goes for anyone else.

So random musing altogether unrelated to the thread? Whatever floats your boat.

vagrant said:
How is it random musing? It was very related to the thread.

OK, then I repeat the question, talking to anyone in particular? I must have missed the post where someone affirmatively predicted the death of the Wii.

vagrant said:
This forum is just filled with pessimists.

Just because you personally lose interest in the Wii, doesn't mean the Wii as a whole has died. And Nintendo is making far more money off the Wii than Microsoft or Sony are off their consoles.

The guy you responded to thought my saying "Nintendo isn't dead" meant "Nintendo is dead". Your response can be read as agreement, ie "[The reason he said that is that] this forum is [] filled with pessimists", except I didn't say that. So either a) you were speaking generally about an attitude somewhere else on the forums (randomly musing about things not relevant to this thread), b) you were speaking of some other poster's Wii death prediction in this thread that I haven't spotted yet, or c) you can't read and do believe that "Nintendo isn't dead" means "Nintendo is dead".

I personally, not being a junior moderator, don't mind people going a little off-topic in a thread (it is just a forum, after all). You can muse randomly all you want in my threads. I just didn't want people to think your reading skills weren't up to snuff. That's how much I care about you.

The second half of my post wasn't in regards to the quoted comment. Hence why it was the second part of my post. When I said people here are pessimists, I was speaking to manu.

I'm sorry was that not obvious? Let me rephrase. Did you have troubles understanding that? Let me rephrase. How did you have troubles understanding that?

just a quick question now that you 2 have solved that problem. Is a price drop on the 360 confirmed (i forget if it was mentioned and dont really feel like reading all the posts again or going to google). If it is then it seems like an unwise move by Microsoft since they just realeased the 360 Elite. If they cut the price on the core systems it seems likely that it would hurt sales on the 360 Elite since it would be much more expensive, other then the little bit more that it is now. Either way Im not getting an X-box because i refuse to pay for that kind of online gaming...Ill stick with PC even though Microsoft is workin Live into that too now...Gah, curse you Microsoft!

vagrant said:
The second half of my post wasn't in regards to the quoted comment. Hence why it was the second part of my post. When I said people here are pessimists, I was speaking to manu.

Your 'defense' is that you were both 1) agreeing with manu who mistook isn't for is AND 2) were randomly musing about an unrelated topic. Didn't see that one coming.

Dr. Acula said:
Is a price drop on the 360 confirmed ... If it is then it seems like an unwise move

Not that I'm aware. Though the theory behind a price cut is two-fold, MS is putting the system together more cheaply with a different chip, and it wants to prevent PS3 from reclaiming ground with their price cut. Since all 3 systems would receive a cut (see link in original post), they would still be the same price relative to each other and wouldn't really be competition for themselves.

As to the cost-spreading, or subscription fees, I suppose it's all a matter of taste. When Americans buy cell phones, they almost universally spread the cost of the handset hardware with cell contracts (and often throwing away unused time, or over paying for overages), whereas in some places overseas prepaid plans are the standard, with individuals paying for their handset 100% out-of-pocket. Americans prefer to have their taxes withdrawn from every check, despite the fact that this robs them of the time-value they could have gotten from their taxes before paying them--and heaven forbid someone miscalculates and they "owe" taxes at the end of the year. MS exploits that American willingness to cost-spread. It's not my thing, but it appears to work for a lot of people. I believe MS gets Americans more than Sony and Nintendo do. I'm not a fan, but I do admire their cunning.

Wiinter said:
Your 'defense' is that you were both 1) agreeing with manu who mistook isn't for is AND 2) were randomly musing about an unrelated topic. Didn't see that one coming.

Wow you should really go back and reread what I said. Because yes the first line was me agreeing with him. And then the next part was going to the people in this thread who were complaining about the wii getting boring.

You are kind of just fishing for a reason to ***** at this point. You would make an awesome mother.

vagrant said:
You are kind of just fishing for a reason to ***** at this point. You would make an awesome mother.

lol your comments like that always make me laugh vagrant :lol:

Back