Question

Tongy

XxShadowTongyxX
Aug 21, 2007
Lehi Utah
Wii Online Code
0824-1834-3389-0790
I had my system sitting on the floor. My girlfriend came and knocked it over. The reason it was on the floor was because I was cleaning my room, and had to unplug it for only a second. Anyways, it did get knocked over. Just enough force to knock it over. It was standing on the stand, and it was covered with a thin silk cloth, and was knocked onto carpet. I was wondering if this could effect the systems performance in any way. Including knocking out a sensor. I picked it up after word, and gently shook the system in all directions to see if anything was lose. The only thing I heard was a slight wiggle, when I shook it side to side, holding the disk drive thing, upward. Is this normal? Please give me answers. I do not want to have to buy a new system in a week, because it took that long to fully break, I only got my wii five days ago. Thanks.

It is on, and it is working fine. I called Nintendo, and they said that it is possible for it to have damaged the system internally. I also called my local gaming store, and they said pretty much the same thing. So now I am asking a forum. Everything seems to be working fine, but who knows, another week, what ever was damaged, could be finished off. I mean, it was a barley able to knock it over kick... and it landed on carpet, and was covered.

You should be fine. They just say that it "could" be broken to cover the small risk that there is something wrong with it. But you should be fine.

Its fine. A friend of mine dropped his in a bag from his car trunk to the cement pavement and it worked fine, just a bunch of scratches on it!

Thank you guys for your answers. You have put me at ease. I hated thinking that something could be wrong with my system. I mean, after all, I just barley bought the thing five days ago, or a week, not sure witch.

If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is...

0824-1834-3389-0790

I have no friends, I could use some that will accept my friend request quickly, so I can explore that feature.

Now that I remember. Tonight, the problem happened yesterday, my system slows down once in awhile, to a freezing point, to where I have to restart the program, before it begins running smoothly again. This only happens when I stay on that same program for an extended period of time. Is this normal at all?

Be sure to attach that clear plastic disc to the bottom of the stand, it gives it more stability.

Its all good man, mine has fallen a few times, nothing is wrong with it.
Enjoy your Wii.

I doubt it did anything. My cousins were over here the other day and they were playing GC games on it, my dog licked one of them and they laughed and pulled away, making my Wii fall onto my PS3. Well, I was extremely pissed, but everything seemed to be working fine.

Skippy said:
Be sure to attach that clear plastic disc to the bottom of the stand, it gives it more stability.

Clear plastic disc?

paintba||er said:
I doubt it did anything. My cousins were over here the other day and they were playing GC games on it, my dog licked one of them and they laughed and pulled away, making my Wii fall onto my PS3. Well, I was extremely pissed, but everything seemed to be working fine.

Clear plastic disc?

I think he is referring to the stand or whatever that comes with the wii, the thing used to rest the real stand on.

I think you should dump your girlfriend for knocking over your Wii...or at least punish her.

CantGetAWii said:
I think he is referring to the stand or whatever that comes with the wii, the thing used to rest the real stand on.
Is it something like on the bottom of this?

wii_case_chrome.jpg

If it is then I always thought they just came with the cases and stuff, because mine didn't come with one of those.

It's probably still in your box, I didn't find mine at first. It is that thing in the picture though, except its see-through.

paintba||er said:

Is it something like on the bottom of this?

wii_case_chrome.jpg

If it is then I always thought they just came with the cases and stuff, because mine didn't come with one of those.

Yeah, really?
Are you sure you didn't get one? Thats odd.

Back