Redsteel: Biggest Letdown So Far

ScuzzBuster said:
I'll preface by saying I love the Wii. Worth every penny. The Mii system is off the chart goofy goodness, the whole menu and channel system is brilliant, the potential is amazing for...but I have to agree somewhat with the post above. The controlling is unbelievable difficult even after over an hour of play. It's like trying to put together a ship in a bottle with a pair of boxing gloves on. I'm going to tough it out though, I'm hoping at some point it will "click" for me and suddenly start to become easier. Through the first sword play section too and that's a bit of a dissapointment. The sword play feels very guided, less free form and more "here's three or four things you can do with the sword...stray from those things and it just seems kind of like you can't accomplish anything.
Disappointing yes...however, $50 for Red Steel and $50 for Zelda...Zelda would have been worth the whole $100. It's not just the best zelda game...so far it's putting the rest of the zelda games to shame.
Yeah, the controls are a BIT difficult to grasp, but once I played for about 1-2hrs, I got used to it and I no longer feel awkward when going through a level or playing 2 player with my friend. After a while, it just seems natural.

Newb! NEWB NEWB NEWB! The aiming going off spinning thing is YOUR fault. You get way better, theres something called a Learning Curve. Play for a good 2 hours and youll have it all down perfectly. Controls are fine in my opinion.
The graphics? This is one of the more graphic intense wii games! There are even slow downs when it is so intense (just look around)

About sword play, it gets MUCH deeper and very hard and Very fun!

oh golly gee the graphics are really bad! oh golly! who gives a fuak! its thegameplay and the fun of it then the graphix redsteel pwnz!

No control problems

There are no control problems with Red Steel. Only with the player.

First off, yeah you gotta put the sensitivity to low first, and gradually move it back up as you get more used to how persice (and awsome) the Wiimote is. It's the same "problem" that Metroid Hunters had, where it was ackward for a few hours of gametime before getting really really awsome when you get used to it. And now when Metroid 3 comes out, everyone's gonna love it because they got used to FPS on the Wii with Red Steel. Red Steel is awsome, it just takes time.

Oh yeah, position of the TV, sensor, and player are pretty important. I'll admit I was disapointed my first half hour or so of play, until I took a few steps back and began pwnageing.

Last edited:
well because of my bad luck, I for me i live in the uk, so of course i cant play the wii for 14 days! but iv pre-ordered super monkey ball and red steel so im going to hope that like the majority of you, red steel will click for me too:D :D :D

Back