Religious gh3 issue

Macky said:
I don't expect many of you to believe what i am about to write simply because Satan has 99% of you blinded as his puppets.

Fact Satan is real, hell is real and the only way to stop yourself ever reaching hell is to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

Fact Demons are as real as I am and they are attracted to things like the sign of whichcraft which is a pentagram in a circle which is liberally smeared all over GH3 on screen.

Fact Metal is the main drive of Satanic music in the world, am not saying Satan only uses metal as he clearly uses many diferent types of music but Metal is without a doubt the main focus of his music attention. This is why Metal has the most satanic lyrics & symbols. It's also why most metal fans wear black clothes and nail varnish and sadly this is why metal fans have the highest suicide rate.

I personally was a Punk rocker in the 70's and did not give a toss about Satan or anything else for that matter as I thought it was a load of rubbish. It was only when I witnessed the awesome power of Jesus totally transform a possessed person that I realised something was going on. There is a spirit realm that is all around you and your actions directly dictate what is or is not allowed to influence your life. I got saved and baptised by the holy spirit and through me God has worked some amazing miracles. I have witnessed the awesome power of God, seen blind people healed, demons cast out etc, it is all 100% real!

GH3 has loads of Satanic content that will attract demonic power directly into your life, if you are a real Christian you will know to stay well clear. If you are a bible bashing Christian that habitually attends church every week to get your passport to heaven stamped then you are probably laughing at this post now as you are just as blind as the none believers. (You shoud go to church but make sure it's an alive church and not a dead one)

I won't be replying to this, i have said what was needed to be said. One thing I must add is that everyone that reads this post now knows the truth. One day whether you believe it or not you WILL be standing before the throne of Jesus Christ to account for all your actions, you now can't say i never knew!

PS
Shame Satan has taken over GH3 as it really does look good (apart from some of the music) ;)

I constantly go to church, every sunday if i can make it and i just got back today. But what you said and i hate to affend a fellow brother but what you said makes christianity looks bad at some times. Think of how many non believers will look at that post and think what a load of crap? I agree with most posts about gta having killing and stuff like that and whats the difference because if i murder in a game im not murdering in life, i also agree with the fact that im just playing music and the lyrics mean nothing to me. A pentagram use to be a symbol of good and holiness and was changed by "MAN" over time and not said once by god that it is bad so that part of your post is flawed.

So in conclusion i have decided i am going to play this game and love jesus christ at the same time. And look at all the christians who will sin by judging me because judging others is a sin, and say if you shame me for what u believe as sinning then should i shame you for sinning by judging aswell? I'm going to play this game and just ignore the lyrics and my favourite post is the one by a fellow christian who said "You did not accept Jesus by playing a song, so you dont accept the devil by playing one"

And once again i wanna thank everyone, Christians and non Christians alike except the ones that bashed Christianity because if your not a Christian i would respect your beliefs just as you should respect mine.

If you think being a Christian is all about saving your own soul by acting or not acting in a certain way, then you missed the whole point of Jesus' message. Being a Christian is about how you treat others and how your love for the rest of the world makes it a better place. Buy the game, play it and take care of your brothers and sisters.

jpatrick said:
If you think being a Christian is all about saving your own soul by acting or not acting in a certain way, then you missed the whole point of Jesus' message. Being a Christian is about how you treat others and how your love for the rest of the world makes it a better place. Buy the game, play it and take care of your brothers and sisters.

yeah i think they missed that memo.

Ronald said:
Well heres my little take on this and i hope instead of being a dick to me about this you can respect my religioius views and express an honest opinion without flaming.

K, i love guitar hero, im addicted to it and i couldn't wait for it to come out for the wii. But now they decided they are gonna come out with that song "mark of the beast" and i dont wanna "accept" that song because if anybody has ever read the bible it talks a lot about accepting the mark. I am a very rational christian and i know i wouldn't truly be accepting the mark but i feel bad like im doin something wrong by playing a song about accepting a mark which is considered in the song "a number for you and me" so now i dont know if i should buy it, any christians/ Non christians have any take on this to help me feel better?

G'day Ronald,

Now I dont know much about the song you are talking about but what does come across is the fact that you are uneasy about it. If this is the case then don't play it. If it goes against your conscience then I ask what will be better for you? - Playing the game, proberly enjoying it, but still having those lingering doubts and guilt for doing so follow you or even this issue becoming a stumbling block for yourself in your walk with God, or others; Or not playing the game and having a clear conscience and knowing you're doing the right thing?

Do I think God will send you to hell for playing it? No I do not! However I do know this, God gave you a conscience for a reason. Do not seek to deaden it nor dilute it. Listen to it and pray on this issue. In the end the choice that you make will be yours.

As for the issue of biblical "Forgiveness" that everyone is talking about, just my two-cents worth. I don't know what denominations or faiths people here are from - whether Catholic, Protestant, Methodist, Secular, Athiest or whatever so I will directly approach the it from the Bible. Does placing your faith in Jesus, accepting his sacrifice on the cross, his death and resserection wash away all sin, in essence provide us with unlimited forgiveness or 'get out of hell free cards'? The answer is indeed, Yes.

HOWEVER, as Christians we should strive to become more Christ-like (hence the name, Christians or followers of Christ). If you think being a Christian is just a matter of taking the attitude of "oh I can do what I want and go to church and pray and God will forgive me" then I am sorry, you need actually read the bible and see what it actually means to be a Christian. It actually means seeking to become more like Jesus!

Romans 5:21-6:2 NLT (Emphasis mine) said:
So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God’s wonderful grace rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?

Anyways, as you can see you've got me blabering on about my passion and a topic that I feel strongly about. Hope this cleared up somethings for some people about a biblical concept of forgiveness. @Ronald, go with your conscience and your gut. If anyone has any questions or whatever you can PM me if you want.

Last edited:
If you're really worried about a song then do us all a huge favor and never run for a political office.

Mingus said:
Jeremy, buddy, I don't know who you are.... but that does no good. As a matter of fact, I myself just found your post to be slightly frustrating. I'll speak metaphorically to you. Look, religion is like salt. Adding some can be good and improve the taste, too much can ruin it. Don't come on so strong or you'll ruin what it is your trying to do.

This deserves repeating.

Im going to make this short.

It's a game, it's a song in the game. Just play the game, I don't think "he" (sorry I'm not a christian so I can't say the G word) would get mad for a song in a video game. Not too much to worry about IMO.

I really think that this thread is getting abit, well, religiously ignorant. I know that everyone will have different opinions, and that is fine, but we shouldn't be telling others how to play this. If someone has Christian values and shows them here, the next post should not be based on contradicting that person, and of course, vice versa.
People have different values and opinions, and this can be shown, but please, not forced.
Thanks everybody.

ok i havent read any of this thread other than the title post

Im not a follower of any religion but do however take an interest in many and have my own beliefs

I totaly see Ronalds point and if this song makes you uncomfortable and u disagree with taking part of it in anyway then thats right for you

But if it waas me in your shoes I would not let it get to me and I would insist to myself that my faith and religious principles are strong enough to embrace it as a game only and not let the content have any other meaning .

There are a lot of ignorant, idiotic, or just plain indifferent people in this thread...

Now I know us Protestants and you Catholics have had our run-ins, but we should view this issue about the same.

Buy the game if it's only one song, to beat it, mute the song or have someone else do it for you. Do NOT enjoy it and then run to confession.

While some people are strong enough in their faith to play this, honestly you creating this thread does not tell me that. Just avoid that and any other song you find objectionable.

Last edited:
Its not that you're endorsing Satanism by buying the game or anything >_>
Its played for entertainment, thats it, what you get out of it is up to you.

That said Priestess is a christian rock band and their song Lay Down is in GH3

One thing people like Ronald must remember is that your motive for doing something is spiritually more important than what it is you do

unless you're insane that is and are convinced that doing something evil is really a good thing

Back