Remote Mines... Useless?

trollface

WiiChat Member
Apr 5, 2011
co
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Finally unlocked em... Disappointed...

I did happen to get very lucky with the very first one. I was testing them out and chucked one by the BB in Archives. I didn't even know which button to press and had to think about it for a second. Boom! 3 kills and BB carrier ha ha ha awesome!

Haven't been able to do much with them so far. I am hoping with a bit of practice and experience it will get better... However, I rarely see anyone using them Or maybe its just because I assume they are proxies...

they're great in heros or goldengun when you know where an enemy is
you just come around the corner or throw it up some stairs (like in the nightclub) and blow it as soon as it touches the heros face....i havent unlocked them yet but ive done this a couple times as trevilyan....however you spell his name....but i get killed alot with this technique.....[wc] a c e is one person on this forum who i think has perfected it

Remote mines rule :)

After a couple hours playing with my new toys I have concluded that they do indeed rule :yesnod: Already some serious epicness has ensued.

Although I do die quite a bit I have had several multiple explosion eliminations Esp in BB eliminating entire teams + BB carrier AWESOME Everyone being focused on the BB makes it soooo easy to chuck a RTM in a room and blast the entire team. Still need to work on my timing and NOT make RTMing a priority...

Remote mines are very useful, especially in Heroes. Your statement about the higher level players is wrong too. Almost every other member of my clan is 56 or about to be and most of them stopped using proxies and went back to remotes. These are also some of the best GE players out there too. There is a technique we (on the other forum I go to) call Flying Frisbees of Death. This is where you toss a mine and detonate it while it's still in the air. This technique is perfect for killing Heroes cause you can strafe by a door and throw it at the icon and blow up the mine in their face. I've had some pretty epic hero kills with RTMs. I think one of my favorites was on Outpost. The Hero was up on the really high sniper catwalk, so I went to the top of the downwards snow ramp underneath the catwalk and tossed the mine way up and killed the Hero. Anyways, try not to use the mines as a place and then camp and wait for someone to walk by. Have fun with them cause they really are awesome.

the people i play with use them as camp tools and usually place 2-4 in the same place

Use them offensively and you might like them.
Don't be a dick who crouches in a corner and waits for someone to walk across them (you know who you are. >___>)

With some practice remote mines are one of the best offensive weapons in the game. Exploding Frisbees of Death! As Jedi mentioned, I get more use out of them detonating them in mid air in front of an enemy/enemies and especially heroes. I feel lost without them now. I imagine when I unlock my proxies in 2 levels I will give them a go, how can you not. I don't see myself ever hanging up remotes in favor of proxies though.

I get goober amounts of hero kills with them thangs. I love remotes as they make the game more challenging. I'm glad I have a second profile with no proxies so I can focus on my technique with my motes. I am ready to toss a remote before firing a bullett most times :)

Use them offensively and you might like them.
Don't be a dick who crouches in a corner and waits for someone to walk across them (you know who you are. >___>)

I actually do this on occasion to get a nice free kill here and there. If my teams in a close fight and I know a good spot where you more than likely will be coming from hell ya I will spot up a remote and wait for ya. Nothing wrong with that. Is it worse than just laying a proxie there? For instance on archives by the infamous MI6 spawn I will toss one top the middle stairs and focus my gun down the other halls and blow up my mote if you come up them stairs. It's tactics my man, throws the opponent off guard and makes them play slower and more cautious which benefits me while I run and gun with aggression! Most times though I run and gun with motes ready to toss!

remote mines are i think one of the best sub weapons in the game, they are a game changer. especially in heroes. thanx for the prop up don. thank you.
the only other thing i can say about remotes. dont fall too much in love with them, tryin to use them too much in the wrong times will get you killed. many times i have been tryin to throw one and get shot, and i have said out loud "just shoot the cock sucker" so i think that is one thing i think can happen. good luck all

im using em to get my "shooting a deployed mine" accolade up .
camping and shooting them

most people i play with just use remotes and proxies as camps grenades for normal play

They are very USEFUL, like riordan and Jedi,etc.. have been saying. riordan([WC]A C E) have killed so much heroes with that mines!! i use 'em too! and i've been thinking.. Proxies are useful for heroes? cuz they can't do the same thing as the remote..
Add Me!

there very good if you know where people are or going to be at not very smart to camp with them though cuz every1 gets pissed and hunts you the rest of the game i would know cuz i am the hunter and you would be the hunted. add me if you want some fun matches helps you learn what to do and wat not to do

Back