Saltiness in Multiplayer

Short cut.

I like to say that a lot of my games can be replayed.
I still haven't done all of the epic Dragonforce on Saturn

Remember though that some games absolutely don't need any kind of multi player in them that's what I'm getting at. The producers add it in as some sort of gimmick which hasn't been thought out properly. And it's growing since online demand is high.

The producers add it in as some sort of gimmick which hasn't been thought out properly. And it's growing since online demand is high.

It's no exaggeration that multiplayer sells games, but to say all multiplayer in games is ****, particularly online multiplayer, is just blasphemy. My favorite game for giving examples of my points, Red Dead Redemption, fits the bill here. The multiplayer is built from the ground up and is a highly varied experience with many different methods of enjoying said multiplayer. It's not just the single player game turned co-op or taking all the generic stuff in single player and making it multiplayer, Rockstar put serious effort and development into the multiplayer of the game. Unlike **** from Treyarch and other such companies producing multiplayer where all they do is take single player everything and pit other players against each other in it.

Multiplayer is often poor and is only carried by the fact that everything is more fun with friends, but that doesn't mean all multiplayer game modes ain't fun in their own right.

This is the time where people complain about games that have no single player and just multilayer like f2p fps games like uhhh idk combat arms, BFP4F, A.V.A, counter strike, Fear Combat, and it just keeps going on and on.

Ya know what also makes me salty? KDR faggots.

For those who don't know, a "KDR faggot" is someone who disregards whatever game mode they're playing and instead focuses on getting kills in whatever way possible, while also staying completely out of harms way. This only matters in team modes; like that one flag cap mode in MW2, or Grab the Bag in Red Dead. What's so wrong with someone getting 20 kills and no deaths, you ask? Not playing to the objective.

When respawns aren't horribly slow like in say TF2, KDR matters very little. You need to play to the objective, or you're either not helping your team enough, or weighing them down since you're taking up a team slot that could be someone actually helpful. For example, a few days ago I went 60 and a low amount of deaths, 3 or 4. I've never seen a score that high in Red Dead for a team game mode. That's just absurdly good.

But, my team lost. I was busy holding down the objective and murdering son'sabitches like a one man army, but the rest of my team is ****ing around not helping me take the objective. As a result, I eventually lost my position and they took the objective with ease since my team mates were nowhere around to defend it. They proceeded to come back from a 2-0 deficit (those two points were my doing too =/). This is an example of KDR not mattering, and how important it is to play to the objective in team modes.

Too many people have the mindset that "no way, I'm not gonna play to the objective... that means I get killed more=("; YOU'RE PLAYING A ****ING SHOOTING GAME, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE AT SOME POINT! >=( If you want to play with a KDR mindset, stick to free for alls damnit...

/rant

[video=youtube;Y009oQEa8d8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y009oQEa8d8[/video]
It's that time of the year again....
Between the mic-spam and seemingly overpowered defense, I remember why I hate the holidays.

Ive gotten salty over online gaming as a whole... Your always gonna have hosts that rage quit. Particularly what irks me is that I enjoy fighting games. Things like SC4, all the DBZ's, Mortal Kombat of every variation, things like that. Games on which you can unlock acheivements CHEIFLY on defeating opponents in online battles. What makes me salty you ask... Is when you are playing people who, when you get right down to the edge of defeating them, rage quit, and it stops the match. Means no victory for you, no defeat for the other player, and just time wasted and money for paying for online is wasted. Its completely ridiculous... It irks me to no end. It actually drove me to quit playing online, just because of people like that.

Ughhhh.... Honestly.... I dont do the angry gaming thing, I just completely resent stupid people, annoying people, and sissy people... And the online communities are filled with a broadly spread amalgumation of all three...

money for paying for online is wasted.

And that, is why the 360 is balls-terrible. /stillahater

Ughhhh.... Honestly.... I dont do the angry gaming thing, I just completely resent stupid people, annoying people, and sissy people... And the online communities are filled with a broadly spread amalgumation of all three...

Well, online communities are a culmination of every type of person in the world, including how often said types of people appear. An accurate representation of IRL is what online communities are, lol.

NECRO-DOUBLE POST YEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Ya know what else makes me salty? Game breaking gamers.

Yeah, it's true, games are just too complex these days to be even close to perfect. There will always be exploits, and always a more efficient gaming style that is very different, or even the exact opposite, of what the developers intended. For example of such game-winning playstyles, Assassin's Creed; both Brotherhood, and Revelations.

The game mode Manhunt intends for you to stealthily sneak about to get kills when you're on the offense, and for you and your team mates to hide together on the defense. Not only is there strength in numbers, you also get rewarded with quite a few extra points when hiding the more of your team mates that are hiding close by.

However, the best way to score high when on the defense is to literally rush at the team on the offense, and attempt to "stun" the **** out of them (stunning the enemy on the offense gets you a lot of points and possible bonus points as well). Thanks to the death streak perk "Boost Cooldowns", you get your two abilities of choice back as soon as you respawn after death for the entire match afterwards. Two stuns alone often easily scores higher than a single kill from the opponent; when done with basic skill, these two abilities will get you at least two stuns each every time you respawn. When done flawlessly, you'll get four stuns, and then run away without even being killed. Two stuns is almost always worth more than an enemy's kill. Any more and it definitely is. So basically, Boost Cooldowns is not only a broken perk, but also allows you to play the game in a way that should NOT exist.

If your entire team is behind you with this bullshit "best defense is a good offense" strategy, you can lock your opponents into a never-ending chain of stuns. They will get one poor, low scoring kill per every two or even three stuns your team gets. The person on the defense who dies attempting to stun everyone rushes back over to the mosh pit of stuns, and replaces the next person to die endlessly until the round is over.

... Yeah, I don't think the developers intended the game to work like that. This exists in both Brotherhood and Revelations; they tried fixing it when developing Revelations' multiplayer, but to no avail. People still got around the safe guard to prevent infinite stuns.

Gamers who play with strategies like these; solely to win, at the expense of everyone else's fun and even their own; make me salty. It's just not as fun as playing normally.

Ya know what else makes me salty? Salty gamers that act extra salty.

In online games where there's a lot of freedom (i.e. sandbox modes), there will often be someone who just can't live down a loss, be it because they feel like they got cheated or because they're sore losers. They will stalk you, and will attempt to **** with you.

For example, in Red Dead's Free Roam, you can begin a sort of "king of the hill" game mode in quite a few locations, which will invite all players in the lobby to quick travel to you. The objective of the game is obviously to try to take the place the other player/team has claimed. Some random 5th prestiger (the highest in Red Dead) started one of these games, and I traveled over. I proceeded to destroy 'em and hold the place with ease from him and anyone else until I won.

When I decided to leave and do other Free Roam stuff after that, the guy followed me wherever I went, determined to troll me. Including to places where if you aren't alone, you're supposed to cooperate to meet the objective and likewise you can't auto-target other players. Instead of killing the enemies, Sir Sodium tries to kill me. Didn't take too long for him to leave in frustration in that I proceeded to destroy him again even without auto-aim on, but he wasted a good 10 minutes of my time in the process. Definitely an inconvenience.

... And yes, I could of just left to another lobby, but I refuse to give trolls that satisfaction. :p

I'm always apalled by those admins in trade servers that strictly enforce the price of what you want to sell/buy. If I want to sell something at the current buying price they threaten me to sell it lower because "scamming" is not allowed. That isn't scamming, it's an economy functioning. Unless I'm lying to someone, it's not scamming. Someone wanted to buy a weapon off me. They offered me a hat before I could respond. I accepted. The end. But no, the admin complains that he could get me banned in every trading servers because I'm "scamming".

Last edited:
There's damn-well a big difference between scamming, and making a profit/getting yourself into a not-so-optimal deal. I would be appalled if 'mons trading was monitored by anyone or any system...

Back