Saltiness in Multiplayer

Why is it always the 12 year olds that mostly use mics? Why? Half the players were complaining about sharp pains in their ears rather than focusing on hats. Sure you can mute, but it shouldn't be the victims that must pay.

^ The fate of every bloody multiplayer game, these days...

All the whiny lil' runts make those who've actually hit puberty not want to engage in any talkin', and before long, they stand alone loud and clear, dominating any and all voice chat. dis also makes me salty

People that pick Ryu or Ken in a new fighting game.

Come on guys its been 25 years they are not the only ones on the roster

Ya know what really makes me salty? Bein' penalized for leaving a game no matter the conditions.

In Mario Kart Wii, whenever you quit a game early, you'll lose as much rating as if you came in last place. When hackers are abound, you have t' play the game through 'n hope you don't become subject to their douchebaggery. For players who take their Versus Rating srsly and are highly competitive gamers, a hacker could drop their VR by a good 300 in a single match. I used to be slightly moar competitive over MKW, so when a hacker did show up, I was irked somethin' good. Sometimes quittin' a game isn't somethin' to be frowned on.

... Though, this is quite the lame complaint. Might make me salty at times, but it's better than early quits not bein' punished at all.

Can't say I understand it much either. :lol: How a game ridiculously more luck based than even Pokemon has (had?) a competitive community is beyond me.

Don't even get me started on the issues with online Wii Goldeneye...nope...not even going to open THAT box...and yet it is still the one I like most...:devil:

Host quits, hackers, lag... Goldeneye, make ya salty? naaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Who would mind non-host rage quits? They can be half the fun. :lol:

Yeah, i don't mind non-host rage quits. I actually see those as kinda an "unspoken" goal TBH... :cornut:

Ya know what else makes me salty? Winning through luck alone.

Luck can't be avoided in any game. One move might have entirely 100% unforseen consequences, deciding to not take one step around the corner for a moment might put you at huge advantage or disadvantage. Whatever it is, luck is unavoidable. ... As is good luck.

I hate losin' to luck more than losin' to anythin' else. I also hate winning solely through luck myself. I hate to feel cheated, and I hate to feel like I cheated someone. I accept my losses when I've been outplayed; but when luck suddenly shows me the road to victory, I feel I just pulled a dick move, even though it was unintentional. Luck alone deciding who the winner is makes me salty.

Ya know what else makes me salty? Winning through luck alone.

Luck can't be avoided in any game. One move might have entirely 100% unforseen consequences, deciding to not take one step around the corner for a moment might put you at huge advantage or disadvantage. Whatever it is, luck is unavoidable. ... As is good luck.

I hate losin' to luck more than losin' to anythin' else. I also hate winning solely through luck myself. I hate to feel cheated, and I hate to feel like I cheated someone. I accept my losses when I've been outplayed; but when luck suddenly shows me the road to victory, I feel I just pulled a dick move, even though it was unintentional. Luck alone deciding who the winner is makes me salty.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And in games with a lot of online lag, luck has a LOT to do with it. Respawns become vitally important at that point!

Ya know what makes me salty.... Playing games like Soulcalibur 5, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and UMVC3 online. Why? I'll tell you why... Because you see all these high level players with a million wins and zero losses. That's all good and fine, I seek to challenge good players. But no. We play, and they get whipped. Terribly. Now, that's not what makes me salty... What makes me salty is that right at the end of the match, right before the scorecard comes up to distribute a victory and a loss....

These little BA***RDS QUIT!!! What happens then? What happens is no match gets recorded, no win or loss distributed, and nothing comes out of it. God I hate these people... Makes me not only incredibly SALTY, but also makes me have high blood pressure... And high saltiness with high blood pressure causes f**king migraines, MIGRAINES!!!

Rage quits causin' rage... Every multiplayer game should penalize someone who gets disconnected and compensate the player who didn't, no matter what. If ya disconnected due to shitty internet, said shitty internet probably causes the other player(s) disdain and ya deserve it. If ya disconnected out of rage 'cause you got a loss you deserved, obviously you should take an even bigger loss than if ya stuck 'round and took it like a man.

I don't understand why the bloody **** every multiplayer game doesn't have safeguards/punishment against rage quitters. =/ I mean ****, Ninty made CPUs replace rage quitters in Brawl even though there ain't so much as a scoreboard to keep track'a wins 'n loses. Ninty has always been the worst at online capabilities 'n such, but they've somehow got the upper hand when it comes to punishin' the people multiplayer communities hate the most. ... 'Sides hackers, but that's beside the point. Mario Kart Wii also has a really good system for punishin' rage quitters.

... How Ninty's games from '08 have some better online features than third party games in '12 is beyond me. ~_~

Back