Simple Question

virgil

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
Here is my very basic question about the Wii Controller:

I know the new controller is motion-sensitive. But, does one actually HAVE to use the motion-sensitive aspect of the controller? Or can I juse use it like a regular controller so I don't have to look like a complete moron in the privacy of my own home?

for wii games it is the whole point of the game, moving the controller aorund and whatnot, but for the classic games and GC games you wont need it becuase youll be using a dif controller .. but yes you do need the motion sensor as far as i know

Yeah, you will have to use the motion sensitivity, but you don't have to look like a moron like in the ads. As far as I know you can scale down the movements so, for instance, in Wii Sports Tennis, you will just be able to flick your wrist instead of swinging your arms madly.:crazy:

Is it just me, or is this just lame? I mean, what if I just want to play a nice calm game of Zelda without flailing my arms about? Or, hook it up to the rear seat of my SUV and play on the LCD screens in my car?

I was excited about Wii, but this just seems too gimicky to work.

Remember R.O.B.? Robotic Operating Buddy?

Lame.

Is it just me, or is this just lame? I mean, what if I just want to play a nice calm game of Zelda without flailing my arms about? Or, hook it up to the rear seat of my SUV and play on the LCD screens in my car?

Lame.

Then surely the Wii is not for you. Stay on your lazy a$$. Don't judge until you've actually tried it.

I've always like the Nintendo game catalog, and was looking forward to the Wii. I guess you're right, maybe it's not for me.

But I hardly think investing in a traditional console as opposed to one with a gimick controller would categorize me as "lazy."

My prediction: Wii is going to be a disappointment for Nintendo and its fans. It's already starting out behind in terms of specs.

so virgil you joined up here at wii chat just to try and piss people off?

if so get a life maybe and if your to lazy to move you arms around your probably some poor rich fat slob who thinks hes better than everyone else.

so please eave now k thanks bye

virgil said:
I mean, what if I just want to play a nice calm game of Zelda without flailing my arms about?
Ummm... There will be a gamecube version for the people like you so actually you don't have to use the wiimote for all the games. But I personally would rather move and stuff.

wow. didn't know you people could be a bunch of sensitive girls.

sorry.

anyone need a tissue?

Don't worry Virgil, I actually just signed up here to ask the very same question. I'd much rather just play the games traditionally and not have to move about. It doesn't make us and more or less lazy than anyone else.

virgil said:

Lame.

Again. . . as someone else stated, there is no need to be flailing your arms about during game play. Quick, short wrist flicks should work just as well which means you could easily play in your gas-wasting SUV.

csiguy4u said:
Quick, short wrist flicks should work just as well which means you could easily play in your gas-wasting SUV.

good to know. too much movement ruins my baby seal seat covers.

Back