Need help: Torn between wii and ps3

That is true but don't forget about the Cell procescccor the power and behind that. I still don't think that the ps3 will have long loading times it is to powerfull for that

Lord Haku said:
That is true but don't forget about the Cell procescccor the power and behind that. I still don't think that the ps3 will have long loading times it is to powerfull for that
Loading times have nothing to do with processing power, it's to do with the drive's ability to read the disk, and considering there's gonna be a lot of information to be read.

Interesting post

Another interesting thread on another forum

I doubt if they'll allow the loading of information to stay on the hard drive, as it would be too easy to rip off/boot up bootleg game information. Essentially, they could make PS3 the piracy risk of the original PlayStation.

Lord Haku said:
Yeah you that is true still with the games that are coming out for it I'll be patient :D
Lol. Fair enough. Which are you more excited for, PS3 or Wii? Also which games are you most excited for? (on either/both consoles)

I am exited abou both consoles Wii for it intutaive and fun controls and the ps3 for its huge games. My games for the Wii I want is Warioware and Wii sports as for the Ps3 FF13 versus the screenshots on that was to much also HEavenly sword and a Gundam game is coming to the ps3 so I will want to buy that

You DON'T want the motion sensativity?

BURN HIMMMM!!!!!!!

And to answer your question, I think most will use the nunchuck-wiimote.

its been posted many a times
sony for hardcore
wii for non gamers AND hardcore
360 for casual

just as with last generation, ill buy an xbox when they drop their price nd release a special edition, and ill buy 2 broken ps3's(cause i doubt those will be in short stock) to mke a working one. saved me hundreds

Cool :D but yeah the PS3 will be cool.. for the likes of MGS... Fifa.. etc.. tho im not sayin its better then the Wii... i can-not-wait for the Wii.. and I can wait for the PS3.. nuff said :cool:

Wiired said:
Cool :D but yeah the PS3 will be cool.. for the likes of MGS... Fifa.. etc.. tho im not sayin its better then the Wii... i can-not-wait for the Wii.. and I can wait for the PS3.. nuff said :cool:
Here's some stuff on the PS3:
The "premium" version of the PlayStation 3 will come with an internal 60 GB hard drive, Wi-Fi connectivity, HDMI output, and multiple flash memory card readers, and features a brighter cosmetic silver logo and trim. The second and alternate configuration of the console will have a 20 GB internal hard drive but will not feature Wi-Fi, HDMI, or a memory card reader. The hard drive is upgradeable, and memory card and Wi-Fi support can be added through adaptors, but the HDMI support is not upgradeable.[9]

The lack of HDMI output in the 20 GB model (as with the Xbox 360 or player lacking HDCP) could potentially cause problems with restricted output resolution on Blu-ray video. An ICT flag can be set by content producers, which forces non-HDCP video down to a pixel resolution of 960×540 (50% greater than DVD-Video at NTSC resolution, and 25% greater than PAL resolution). SCEA president Kaz Hirai stated that it is "too early to speculate at this point" whether movie producers will activate the ICT feature.[10] According to German publisher Spiegel, a behind-the-scenes agreement was made to not enforce the ICT flag on next-generation optical formats until at least 2010, or possibly even 2012.[11]
- So, the 20GB basic PS3 will have no wi-fi capabilites (though has blue-tooth controllers), Not truely "Next-gen" graphics and doesn't have a built in flash card-reader. But not to worry, because:

David Wilson, Head of Public Relations at Sony Computer Entertainment UK, stated that both models will likely be sold in the UK market, but both may not be available at launch.[14] There, Sony has said that the black color is to be the first on sale, followed by the silver and white color in March 2007.[citation needed] Previously, Sony Computer Entertainment UK Marketing Director Ray Maguire had stated that only the 60 GB version would be available at launch.[23]
- You'll only be able to get the premium version on launch in the UK anyway.

Sony has stated that the PlayStation 3 will have backward compatibility with the PlayStation and PlayStation 2, and that every PS1 and PS2 game that observes its respective system's TRC (Technical Requirements Checklist) will be playable on PS3 at launch.[1]SCE president Ken Kutaragi asked developers to adhere to the TRC to facilitate compatibility with future PlayStations, stating that the company was having some difficulty getting backward compatibility with games that had not followed the TRCs. "Either it's accidental or on purpose; there's actually a lot of games that don't follow the TRC."[29].
- So not all PlayStation games will actually meet the TRC technical requirement for being backward compatible...

Storage
Optical
Blu-ray Disc (2x = 9.0 MB/s) PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-R/RE (Region free for gaming)[47]
DVD (8x = 11.0 MB/s Max) PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD ± R/RW
CD (24x = 3.5 MB/s) PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW
SACD (2x) SACD Hybrid (CD layer) SACD HD
Hard disk drive: Pre-Installed 20 GB / 60 GB (depending on package), 2.5" SATA150, detachable/upgradeable, with Linux pre-installed.[48]
Flash memory interfaces (60 GB model only) - Memory Stick, CompactFlash, SD/MMC
- So, basically, PS3 games would load faster from a DVD, than from Blu-Ray disc? Some of the loading times from the PS2 are bad enough...

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/28/news_6128295.html?sid=6128295 said:
Toyo Keizai goes on to interview Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi, who avoided revealing the PS3's price but hinted that it would not be marked down excessively. "Whether consumers think a product is expensive or cheap all depends on the balance between its appeal and price," he said. "Our ideal [for the PS3] is for consumers to think to themselves, 'OK, I'll work more hours and buy it.' We want people to feel that they want it, no matter what."
- ... They WANT me to work my ass off more so that I'll buy their machine...? Sorry, but to me, it doesn't really appeal.

Ok, I know this post is quite fanboy-ish, but you gotta admit, these are kind of worrying things...

Oh, and you know things are going wrong when gamers rejoice when Penny Arcade says "no" to the PS3...Hmmm....
Joystiq said:
After being asked if the PlayStation 3 price would impact their decision to purchase one this fall, Jerry responded, "We've already talked about it, there's no chance we're buying a PS3 at launch. That's grade-A bullshit."

The crowd erupted in applause, and bathed in their communal disdain for Sony's steep price point. The Penny Arcade guys continued explaining that their choice for next-gen gaming this fall will be the Wii60 combo platter. Of course, this echoes the sort of response we've seen both on Joystiq and the blogosphere as a whole. Maybe that's why Sony is the only one of "the big three" without a presence at PAX.

Last edited:
Thanks for this.. and what you said is correct Squall i'll agree with it.. but the way I see it.. is enjoy aloada series of games that aren't coming out on Wii.. that I would still love to get.. so why not wait til the PS3 is cheap and buy them?

Wiired said:
Thanks for this.. and what you said is correct Squall i'll agree with it.. but the way I see it.. is enjoy aloada series of games that aren't coming out on Wii.. that I would still love to get.. so why not wait til the PS3 is cheap and buy them?
Ye, it's the only way we'll get to play things like Final Fantasy XIII and...
...er...
...Devil May Cry 4...
...(not really into Metal Gear)...
...er...

...unless something like this happens...

Back