SMG unplayable on modded Wii's. "Stealth" chips detected.

nintendo93 be more respectful think about it how many kids in the Philipines can afford to buy a $100-150 dollar game new or used.... thats right NONE!!! at least be more considerate about their feelings.

thas said:
i dont md or anything but i have known people who have. why you people think wii games are put in rom format is beyond me. the wii games are in ISO format. roms are easy to hack into(so ive heard). but you have to be really smart to hack a ISO and change its sucurity features.

i dont think any of you have noticed but nintendo is also doing this with the DS games. phantom hourglass has this feature and so does donkey kong jugle climber. (my source: yahoo answers & other forums)

Actually, the DS has terrible copy protection. I have an R4 for my ds and it costs less than a game and plays every game perfectly. Also MSN for ds is useful :lol:

MRCOOLGH said:
nintendo93 be more respectful think about it how many kids in the Philipines can afford to buy a $100-150 dollar game new or used.... thats right NONE!!! at least be more considerate about their feelings.

I wish Rolls Royce was respectful to my feelings seeing as how I can't afford one...

Skippy said:
They don't necessarily need the war to end and for them to come out on top. If Nintendo can just win small battle after small battle and drag things out enough, it will further taint the reputation of mod chips. That alone will keep a good number of people from taking the mod chip route.
Agreed. :)

XLaw said:
Fudge you and shut up! You don't know how it is in places where gaming marketing ain't very big. Here where I live a game costs $100 each! And some even more. I had a modded Wii before because I didn't want to pay so much for just 1 game which can turn out a crappy game. (here we can't rent the games) and after a while (I had around 30 burned games) and got bored of them pretty much after playing them 10 minutes. Soo... I just sold it for the same cash I bought it ($400 It was a PAL) after all that experience I understood that modding just ain't for me but I still respect people who do it.
So now I bought a NTSC Wii (american) for just $300 and the games are way cheaper + they get released in the USA WAAAAAAY faster then in Europe. So It's all good :) (only thing is needed a new AC but got that covered)
See? Even would-be pirates can bypass there local price massacre legally and legitimatly by means of the internet and a little ingenuity. Congrats! :lol:

Seriously, I can't blame people who are deliberately (and obviously) being ripped off returning the favor and ripping off the companies instead. Forcing someone to pay twice as much for something they could get the same thing elsewhere for half the price not only insane, but robbery. Importing is an obvious better option all around, or using mod-chips to bypass regional encoding isn't so horrible either but still don't recommend it.

I think the point (XLaw and others) is that people don't like stealing for the mere fact they simply don't wish to pay for it. In cases like yourself where they are stealing from you it's better that you attempt a legitimate means of bypassing the problem (like you have) rather than simply take it from them instead. If enough people would boycott there local pricing by means of simply purchasing it elsewhere (like importing from the U.S.) they may finally wake up and realize that people won't tolerate this exaggerated price scheme and it would force them to release them at more tolerable value. Likewise simply stealing games encourages publishers to only but increase the price!

TiwazTyrsfist said:
So, On one hand, I support the right of people to, under the purview of "I own the things I bought", mod-chip their consoles.

But, on the other, I don't support doing so for the purpose of theft, which is what downloading games like that is.

So, a decent effort on Nintendo's part, give it till mid-December, and the Modder's will have found a work around.

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21669#post21669

It was released within 2 days of Super Mario Galaxy's leak.

Your games sound expensive if you're comparing the price of your local currency (£, AUS$, € etc) to the US one because the US$ is so weak. My adivce is to take advantage of it rather than moaning about it, import all you can from the US - this week i've saved about £25 [$50+] on DVD's.

game works on modded consoles, it doesnt kill your wii or make games unplayable!

i download games all the time, mostly because there are so many **** games out there to waste your money on.
If i don't like it, ditch it
I own plenty of original discs and i will still buy the games worth buying

Back