So how many of you....

Yes - multiplayer on the original was amazing. I really wish they would have made this new game with a game mode just like the original. Maybe something that you unlocked at lv 50 or something...

Yeah I always thought the original maps on classic conflict would have been cool. Running around on Complex with a bunch of people who never played it would have been...well..classic!

Goldeneye: Source for Steam is exactly that. The developers of that HL2Mod put in the classic maps, as well as revamped versions of those maps, and new maps. It is only multiplayer, has all of the old weapons, and uses the music and sound effects from the 64 game. It truly is a must play for GE fans.
Oh, and it has text/voice chat capabilities.

I've still got my Goldeneye for the 64. I used to play shoot 'em up with my best bud all the time. Later on, when Perfect Dark came out we played that until the wee ours of the night.

I do wish the new multi player aspect of this Goldeneye was similar. Being able to find the proxies, etc makes it a bit more interesting, I think.

I used to play goldeneye but as soon as perfect dark came out... it kinda gathered dust.

I was too young to actually achieve anything and/or understand anything though haha

I mean, perfect dark had the 3 best maps of GE, cooler weapons and aliens.. haha

I do wish the new multi player aspect of this Goldeneye was similar. Being able to find the proxies, etc makes it a bit more interesting, I think.

Yeah, I'd much rather look for weapons than start out with them, adds more panic to the game. I mean, starting out with weapons, you know exactly what you can do off the bat. If you have to find the weapons on the other hand, the surprise and wonder of what gun you will get and If you will be able to find one before you get shot, that is what made the original great.

[Goldeneye Source] http://www.Goldeneyesource.com/
[Perfect Dark Source] http://www.pdark-mod.com/joomla/

Last edited:
but it kind of gets irritating when someone camps at the farsight spawn in perfect dark, but much fun when your the camper.

Back