Sprayed my controller!

looks great. i was wondering, though, if it scratches off? when spraypainting something like a wiimote which has the flawless smooth shining plastic, i find if it gets a nick, it can scratch off very easily. you did a few coats though, yes? that'd be the trick. also, what spraypaint? what kind of shop did you get it? some spraypaints are dodgy and it could lead to dripping and streaking, so be careful.

owlsgo said:
looks great. i was wondering, though, if it scratches off? when spraypainting something like a wiimote which has the flawless smooth shining plastic, i find if it gets a nick, it can scratch off very easily. you did a few coats though, yes? that'd be the trick. also, what spraypaint? what kind of shop did you get it? some spraypaints are dodgy and it could lead to dripping and streaking, so be careful.

I put 3 layers on and it seems to be fine :)

The paint I used was made for Warhammer models so it is made for plastic. But any spraypaint made for plastic should do. Just make sure you take the Wiimote apart before you paint it so you don't ruin the buttons or internals.

FRuMMaGe said:
Good idea, i'll give it a try :yesnod:

let me know how it goes. i don't think i'll have the option to do that since if i spray mine it's going to be grey and the shrink tubing doesn't come in that color, but i guess black would look better than white, so if i end up doing it anytime soon i'll let you know how it goes as well :)
have fun and the 'mote looks sexy :D

kyle

Nick Atack said:
Make one with a Picture of a Blooper On it.
I like it.I rep you.
If you want Blooper on there, print out a picture of him and cut it out to use as a stencil.

I find the best place to put your own design is the battery cover :yesnod:

MRCOOLGH said:
frummage are you gonna try the shrink tube?
No need yet, it looks fine without.

Also, happy 300th post!

oh yeah thanks frummage for congratulating me but I have a recomendation for you to try. paint your wii-mote and nunchuck with your favorite logo that covers the entire thing minus the buttons.

Paint the Wii remote and Nunchuck purple and then paint a yellow upside down L on the battery cover. :arf:

As retarded as it sounds, it's beautiful! How did you get the space in between speaker holes without getting paint in speaker?

Thats good.I would scared as all hell to try doing that and i would probably spray one of the buttons or something lol:hand:

Back