Sterotyping Wii's Graphics

and yet theres a game for everyone so if your interested in any type of game its there for you!

I really wish that everyone would stop talking about the ps3's graphics. All we have really seen is prerendered videos. I don't care what anyone says, chances are the ps3's graphics will blow the rest out of the water. Don't get me wrong... I won't be getting one. The reason is that when you look at a game you automatically can tell what system it is for. You see a game that is on the playstation and it has that playstation feel. Personally I prefer the nintendo feel. The xbox feel? It doesnt really have one... it just mooches!

I think this is going to be like comparing DVD movies to Blu-Ray movies. Personally I'm fine with DVD quality movies. When I watch Terminator, I don't watch it to ogle the super-high resolution remastering or the higher frame-rate. I watch it because I want to experience one of the coolest Sci-Fi stories of the modern era. I watch it because I want to see a deadly unstoppable killing machine pitted against ordinary humans who have seemingly no hope in the world of stopping it. As long as it works I don't care. I'd probably still watch my old VHS (VCR for the Americans here :p ) tape of it I recorded off TV some 10+ years ago if it had virtually instantaneous chapter switching.

I work(ed) with a guy who is a tech junkie/uber nerd. He is getting a PS3 (If its any redemption he is going to get a Wii too, so he gets a small ammount of love from me) and all he goes on is about how good the graphics are and how Blu-Ray is the way of the future. He went on to say how Blu-Ray movies are going to look so much better than DVDs and how he downloads movies which are better-than-DVD quality. I then proceeded with the Terminator speil (as mentioned above) and told him I dont care how good Blu-Ray is because I don't care if it's "Super High Resolution with X times the visual quality of DVDs" because I don't watch movies to ogle the super high resolutions. I watch the movie because I like it. Plain and simple.

I think this has alot of relevance to the Wii. We(Wii :p ) Are not buying the Wii for the most insane graphics ever (having said that they will be pretty damn good though). We are buying it because it is going to have games we enjoy, and because it takes a new spin on gaming. Plain and simple. Additionally I find the wireless LANning and free online NintendoWiFi multiplayer pretty damn appealing too, not to mention the Virtual Console (If I can play my ROM stashe on it I'll be one happy camper :D )

I think to get the really awesome graphics from either the xbox360 or the ps3 you'd need to get a HDTV. I've seen some xbox360 games on my non-HDTV and it doesn't look all that impressive compared to the videos I saw online. I think if you compare graphics on normal TV's the difference between the Wii and other consoles is a lot smaller then when you compare them on HDTV's.

In the PC world better graphics simply means spending more money. In the console world it will be the same now. Compare the console prices to video card prices and it makes sense. The best video card available is often not the best price/quality one but some people choose to spend a lot of money on it cause they want the best.

Since you can't modify your console the same way as you can your PC the graphics are depending on what developers do with it. That's why I think some Wii games might look better then some xbox360 on normal TV's.

I think the console prices are ok graphicly speaking. It's just a matter of what your personal preference is. Nintendo has chosen to not spend much on the graphics and therefor we can buy it at a very low price. Ps3 has chosen to get the best of the best but we get a high price tag on it. Xbox360 is a bit in the middle.

Graphics are important and everyone has a different opinion about what they want for what price but I think these next/new gen systems offer us a good choice of what we want.

any1 complaining about graphics shouldnt. For the money u get a better deal with the Wii, whoever posted the posted on the CoD3 graphics comparison proves my point. Plus iv just bought halo2 on xbox and the graphics ae brilliant, wii is more powerfull than xbox so im happy

but the 'new' Red Steel graphics do kinda suck compared to the old ones

yah i posted that comparison, i think the graphics on red steel look next gen, my friend thought they were 360 until i told him

Back