The Canadian Wii Finder *Revived w/ a new title*

Wal-Mart at Runnymede and St. Clair got 10 units yesterday at 10:30 AM and gone in 20 minutes!

There is NO sanity to any of this if you ask me!

it does suk im also calling everywhere its sold out everywhere in my state which suks ima haave to wait from 4 am to 8 am (when the store opens) on sundaywhich is going to suk and sunday is the day wii shipments is coming

Wiimotes and Nunchuks

Just came back from FutureShop in Ste. Catherine street, Montreal. They received a shipment this morning. They still have nunchuks and wiimotes. RUN if you want them. The consoles were sold out before opening (yesterday I talked to the rep in there at about 6pm and he said he didn't know when they were receiving shipments, he only said anytime between now and the 13th).
According to the person in there this morning, there are people waiting in line before opening everyday just in the hope they'll get some. Since I'm not willing to do that I might have to wait until next year to get my Wii.
Now, for those who missed this shipment, there's still BestBuy this friday.

edsyl said:
Zellers only had 3 at one store and 5 at another.
WHat a joke!
EB games yesterday got ONE, yes that's right, ONE unit, and guess who was second in line?
Best Buy on Friday had 27, I was number 30.
I just do NOT understand the distribution of these things.
I'm in Toronto

Regards
Ed

Still better distribution than the Sony units! But I can relate, I haven't been able to get a second Nunchuck since launch, the kid in front of me snagged the last Nunchuck and I haven't seen one since. Although, I have heard of shipments coming in, just that after an hour or less all the new stock sells... and honestly, I've got better things to do than stand in a lineup waiting for a store to open (with the exception of the launch day which I went an hour early with my preorder in hand) just to get a controller... I'll just have to wait. But in that sense, I can see where your coming from. Why not try coming to Hamilton, 45 mins away :p and stand in a line here, from what I hear we are getting a lot more, and the city's smaller so they're not distributed in smaller quantities per store. :yesnod:

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal saying that Nintendo expects to sell 1.4-1.5 million units before December 25th. They've sold 476,000 in November so there should still be lots of units released by Christmas. There is still hope, people!

tuned said:
Still better distribution than the Sony units! But I can relate, I haven't been able to get a second Nunchuck since launch, the kid in front of me snagged the last Nunchuck and I haven't seen one since. Although, I have heard of shipments coming in, just that after an hour or less all the new stock sells... and honestly, I've got better things to do than stand in a lineup waiting for a store to open (with the exception of the launch day which I went an hour early with my preorder in hand) just to get a controller... I'll just have to wait. But in that sense, I can see where your coming from. Why not try coming to Hamilton, 45 mins away :p and stand in a line here, from what I hear we are getting a lot more, and the city's smaller so they're not distributed in smaller quantities per store. :yesnod:

I'm from Hamilton, too! Any idea where they're getting the biggest shipment this wiik? I got a PS3 from the Futureshop by Eastgate Square but I'm not sure if they're getting any. Will probably try the Best Buy in Burlington?

What do you think?

I just went to futureshop. They received 12 this morning, but all sold. The vendor told me there are people waiting everyday from morning to ~1pm. Now that's just sick! What kind of people got nothing to do every morning for 4 hours so they just go hang out at futureshop in hope they will get a shipment and buy it. I would have thought that 1 month after lunch, the crazy people would have already got one.

If people really do that, I don't see how I'll get one, I might go 360 for this :S, hope I wont.

didibus said:
I just went to futureshop. They received 12 this morning, but all sold. The vendor told me there are people waiting everyday from morning to ~1pm. Now that's just sick! What kind of people got nothing to do every morning for 4 hours so they just go hang out at futureshop in hope they will get a shipment and buy it. I would have thought that 1 month after lunch, the crazy people would have already got one.

If people really do that, I don't see how I'll get one, I might go 360 for this :S, hope I wont.
Redonculous. Those people must seriously have nothing to do with their lives. At this rate, I'll probably just wait until after the new year. I have exams I should be studying for anyways!!!!1111one!1!!!!!

Can anyone confirm best buy is getting them this Friday (the 15th). I'm going to tough it out and camp out, get this over with once and for all. I figure I can go at 9PM the night before, should leave enough time, right?

Thanks

ftcmark said:
Can anyone confirm best buy is getting them this Friday (the 15th). I'm going to tough it out and camp out, get this over with once and for all. I figure I can go at 9PM the night before, should leave enough time, right?

Thanks
Yes, it's been confirmed by Best Buy in this week's newsletter. Good luck in the camp - hope it's not cold :)

18 units again? Thanks, I think I'll need it, but it should be pretty fun actually. I'll bring the iPod, DS, lawn chair, couple friends, should be quite the experience.

Back