The Canadian Wii Finder *Revived w/ a new title*

I was so close to getting one yesterday over at EB Games in Orillia. Had I been there 20 minutes early I would have gotten one. I walked in the store just as a woman was paying for the last one. They said they'd get more in this week, but the phones constantly busy so I'll just wait until the new year.

ftcmark said:
18 units again? Thanks, I think I'll need it, but it should be pretty fun actually. I'll bring the iPod, DS, lawn chair, couple friends, should be quite the experience.

My guess would be at least 20 units. I think they're shipping at least 20 to all of them.

The camps usually are a good time. I camped for the PS3 and met a lot of cool people. If you've got something to keep you busy, it'll be fun :)
May I recommend bringing LOTS of blankets? If it's going to be a cold night, the blankets will save you

casualimp said:
I was so close to getting one yesterday over at EB Games in Orillia. Had I been there 20 minutes early I would have gotten one. I walked in the store just as a woman was paying for the last one. They said they'd get more in this week, but the phones constantly busy so I'll just wait until the new year.

I might wait 'til the New Year too...I don't know if I feel like camping out again in this weather. It's really too bad 'cause I wanna play it ASAP and don't feel like paying $500 for an eBayed unit.

cloud s7rife said:
My guess would be at least 20 units. I think they're shipping at least 20 to all of them.

The camps usually are a good time. I camped for the PS3 and met a lot of cool people. If you've got something to keep you busy, it'll be fun :)
May I recommend bringing LOTS of blankets? If it's going to be a cold night, the blankets will save you

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to bring some blankets along as well. Probably lots of food too. Well, now I'm TOTALLY EXCITED. rotflol

ftcmark said:
Thanks for the advice, I'll have to bring some blankets along as well. Probably lots of food too. Well, now I'm TOTALLY EXCITED. rotflol

Haha! Glad I could be of service! Actually, food is a must. We got the local pizza joint to deliver some pie in front of Futureshop. The guy had no idea what the hell we were talking about, but once he understood, all was gravy. I'm pretty sure we short-changed him too :D
I'm glad I did it, not because I got a PS3, but because I have a great story to tell my friends. If you're in good company, you'll have a great time. I brought a tent too so I could a solid 7hrs of sleep :)

umm guy's isn't this supposed to be for finding wiis not for telling poeple when they dint get one plus

does any one know about shipments this weekend in the waterloo area....
please tell me there are some ship ments my mom is ganna drive me out.

ganton said:
umm guy's isn't this supposed to be for finding wiis not for telling poeple when they dint get one plus

does any one know about shipments this weekend in the waterloo area....
please tell me there are some ship ments my mom is ganna drive me out.

First of all, hearing how people didn't get a Wii is a good start to getting one. Secondly, (and had you read the above you would know) every Best Buy in the country is selling Wii's this Friday. As for EB Games and Wal-Mart, I don't know. You'll probably have to call and ask. Looks as thought most stores will be getting some this weekend though, so call the stores to see how many they'll be selling and when.

banner2.gif

here got my bestbuy newsletter and here is the banner i got with it

ftcmark said:
Anyone have any idea on how early I should start camping out? I said 9, but maybe a tad earlier?

Thanks
Sorry but holiday hours make it so the stores now open like 1-2 hours earlier :S

definately, Because alot of people have a wii so i could just line up hah xD
But you can guarantee it by camping 24 hours b4

cloud s7rife said:
First of all, hearing how people didn't get a Wii is a good start to getting one. Secondly, (and had you read the above you would know) every Best Buy in the country is selling Wii's this Friday. As for EB Games and Wal-Mart, I don't know. You'll probably have to call and ask. Looks as thought most stores will be getting some this weekend though, so call the stores to see how many they'll be selling and when.

you know if there coming to future shop and if i call wal mart or ebgames the day before they might tell me if they will have it(i thought they were coming the 17th) oh and pertend they hand out tickets like at 8 o-clock can i go hame and come by tom

Last edited:
cloud s7rife said:
9pm the previous night should be fine. I can't make it that early so I'm going to show up at like 2:30am with the bar rush.

If you really want the wii, I'd advise against that. I looked last Friday at 1 to see if anyone was there, and there was already 25, the store only had 20.

Back