The Future of the Ps3: Possible Gamecube Failure?

Kamikaze said:
The 360 let gamers choose if they wanted the attachment, while Sony forced gamers to have it, even if they're not going to use it. The Wiimote and Nunchuck is a bid inflated, but third party accessories are on the way. And rubber grips run for 10-15 bucks tops. The Elite 360 comes with the HDMI cables, and is still cheaper than the average 20 gig Ps3.

The PS3 lets gamers choose if they want to use it also. You know it. You dont NEED hdmi to play the ps3. Just like you dont need the HD-DVD attachment for the 360.
I would rather buy a 60 dollar HDMI cable than a 200 dollar eternal HDvdrom drive. The elite still does not come with an HD dvdrom. So you are still going to have to bust a nut to get anything close to real HD gaming on the 360.

The point is, you dont need a HDMI cable as you make it seem, nor is it that expensive.

JerrodDRagon said:
We'll thats what happens when you think your so much better than everyone else you make things thinking everyone wants them because your logo's on it.
The PS3 is dead im sorry but a hand ful of great games like Kingdom hearts, Final fantasy and Metal Gear solid wont save you they need to get there asses making God of War 3 and maybe some orignal games that people want or else they'll lose

Im sorry, when did the PS3 die? Kind of strange considering it was just released. I believe the 360 went through the same rough launch period as well.
As for games, they already are making god of war 3, implimenting rumble back into controllers, and a huge line of original games. You should really read up before assuming stuff.

Heres One list you might find interesting.

Unreleased Games - 94 Titles (As of April 2, 2007)
Afrika - LINK
Airtight PS3 Project [untitled] - LINK
Big Time Revenge - LINK
BioWare Project - LINK
Brave Arms - LINK
Calling All Cars! - LINK
Castlevania PS3 - LINK
Chain Limit - LINK
Coded Arms Assault - LINK
Crytek Project - Crysis [Rumored] - LINK LINK
Danger Planet - LINK
DC Universe MMO - LINK
Dragon Ball Z [Untitled]
Dreamers - LINK
Driver PS3 - Driver 5 [Unofficial Title] - LINK
Eight Days - LINK
EyeDentify - LINK
Factor 5 Project #2 [Untitled] - LINK
Fantasy Lab Project [Untitled] - LINK
FIA World Touring Car Championship - LINK
Fifth Phantom Saga - LINK
Final Fantasy XIII - LINK
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - LINK
Formula One Championship Edition - LINK
Fumito Ueda - LINK
Fury - LINK
Game Arts Project - LINK
God of War III - LINK
Go! Puzzle - LINK
Guitar Hero PS3 - Guitar Hero III [Rumored Title] - LINK
Gradius PS3 - LINK
Grand Turismo 5 - LINK
Gretzky NHL [Working Title] - LINK
Gundam Musou - LINK
Heavenly Sword - LINK
Hero - LINK
Hot Shots Golf [Working TItle] - LINK
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier [Rumored] - LINK
Killzone [Working Title] - LINK
Kingdom Hearts 3 [Rumored] - LINK
Koei Guan Yu PS3 Project - Dynasty Warriors [Rumored Title] - LINK
Kurayami AKA Darkness - LINK
Lair - LINK
L.A. Noire - LINK
LittleBigPlanet - LINK
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots - LINK
Metro 2033: The Last Refuge - LINK
MLB 07: The Show - LINK
Monster Hunter 3 - LINK
Monster Kingdom - LINK
Namco PS3 RPG - LINK
Namco PS3 Shooter - LINK
Namco PS3 Sports Project - LINK
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - LINK
NiOh - LINK
Pterodon FPS Project [Untitled] - LINK
Project Psychic [Working Title] - LINK
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction [Working Title] - LINK
Redwood Falls - LINK
Rengoku The End of the Century - LINK
Resistance 2 [Rumored, But Likely] - EGM 2/2007 - Page 77
Returning Alive [Working Title] - LINK
Rockstar Old West PS3 Project [Untitled] - LINK
Romance of the Three Kingdoms PS3 - LINK
Sam Suede: Undercover Exposure - LINK
Second - LINK
Secret Service - LINK
Shin Megami Tensei - LINK
Silent Hill 5 [Working Title, Rumored] - LINK
Singstar [Working Title] - LINK
Spider-Man 3: Collector's Edition - LINK
Sony Online Mercenary / Spy MMO [Untitled] - LINK
Sony Online Whimsical MMO [Untitled] - LINK
Starbreeze Next-Gen Project [Untitled] - LINK
Sucker Punch Project [Untitled] - LINK
Super Rub-A-Dub - LINK
Team Siren Project [Untitled] - LINK
Tecmo Action-Adventure [Untitled] - LINK LINK
Tekken 6 - LINK
thatgamecompany Project #2 [Untitled] - LINK
thatgamecompany Project #3 [Untitled] - LINK
The Eye of Judgment [Working Title] - LINK
The Getaway [Working Title] - LINK
The Wall - LINK
Twelve Interactive Sci-Fi action game [Untitled]
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - LINK
Unknown Realms - LINK
WarDevil Enigma - LINK
Warhawk - LINK
Way of the Samurai 3 - LINK
White Knight Story - LINK
Wipeout Pulse [Working TItle] - LINK
Zipper Interactive PS3 Project - SOCOM 4 [Rumored Title] - LINK
Zone of the Enders 3 - LINK

Released Games - 18 Titles (As of April 2, 2007)
Blast Factor
Cash Guns Chaos DLX
Flow
Full Auto 2
Genji: Days of the Blade
Go! Sudoku
Gran Turismo HD
GripShift
Lemmings
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
MotorStorm
NBA 07
Resistance Fall Of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
The Godfather: The Don's Edition
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom
Virtua Fighter 5 (For Now)

The PS3 has a lot going for it, just people dont really know whats going on. They assume they know and only cause misconceptions to be created.

Shiftfallout said:
The PS3 lets gamers choose if they want to use it also. You know it. You dont NEED hdmi to play the ps3. Just like you dont need the HD-DVD attachment for the 360.
I would rather buy a 60 dollar HDMI cable than a 200 dollar eternal HDvdrom drive. The elite still does not come with an HD dvdrom. So you are still going to have to bust a nut to get anything close to real HD gaming on the 360.

The point is, you dont need a HDMI cable as you make it seem, nor is it that expensive.

The Ps3 only lets gamers choose between a half ass system (20 gig) and the average system. Honestly, if the Blu-Ray player was an optional attachment to purchase, the Ps3 would be at a decent price of 300-400 dollars, which is the same price of the 360s. And they won't be losing as much money as they are now with each system that's produced. The Elite doesn't come with the HD Drive as it was rumored to come with, but it does in fact come with HDMI cables, in which neither Ps3 package came with. Getting a 120 gig hard drive, and an HDMI output with the cables for only 80 dollars more than what the premium package costs is a bargain. You also fail to realize that not everyone is interested in watching movies on their system.

Also the "upcoming" titles list can change at any given time. Some titles may even be cancelled (such as Namco RPG and so forth.), while other titles may even be moved to other platforms or even be multi-platform. I'm not bashing Sony in anyway with my article, just providing facts and how Sony has lost a couple exclusives, and one of the many reasons was funding.

Kamikaze said:
The Ps3 only lets gamers choose between a half ass system (20 gig) and the average system. Honestly, if the Blu-Ray player was an optional attachment to purchase, the Ps3 would be at a decent price of 300-400 dollars, which is the same price of the 360s. And they won't be losing as much money as they are now with each system that's produced. The Elite doesn't come with the HD Drive as it was rumored to come with, but it does in fact come with HDMI cables, in which neither Ps3 package came with. Getting a 120 gig hard drive, and an HDMI output with the cables for only 80 dollars more than what the premium package costs is a bargain. You also fail to realize that not everyone is interested in watching movies on their system.

Ok, if you want to play the facts game with me then I will be glad to take you up on it. I must warn you however, the result might make you look bad.

What part of the OPTIONAL hdmi cable dont you understand? You seriously think that the only choice gamers have is the size of the hard drive? gimme a break. Seriously, listen to yourself.

You dont need HDMi for the PS3 just as you DONT need it for the 360
In fact, YOU keep forgetting the 360 does not take full advantage of HD quality software, so whats the point?

You are being ignorant.

HDMI is optional and only works if you have an HDCP certified TV. The 360 does not use TRUE HD. To get a drive for it you pay 200$ more and are really limited to HD movies.

Finally, engadget even had an article on this, that the HDMI cables can cost anywhere from 5-30 bucks if you shop online. Kinda sucks now for you doesnt it?
http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=58&gclid=CLC0sOz3pYsCFU9FGAodEXKgjQ
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/games/pid/7308178/a/PS3+HDMI+Cable-10+ft..htm.
Kinda destroyed your argument there now didnt i? Im not gonna apologize for it either.

Going onward. The ps3 uses a graphic chip that is estimated at around 500$ by current days standards, it includes a blue ray rom drive which is usually on the market for upwards of 600$. Now lets not forget the Cell CPU which matches the GPU speed of the included graphics card. This puts it 10x faster than the 360s CPU. Cell processors are fairly new, and with new and fast technology, the price is often not the cheapest.
You are getting a better deal with the PS3. Dont like the current size of the hard drive, then upgrade it. Its possible, just look on the net. Hey did you know you can get 100 gigs out of the HD inlcuded witht he 60 gig version? strange huh? http://www.slashgear.com/ps3-hard-drive-upgrade-132464.php

Finally, you say people are not interested in watching movies on their system... well do you KNOW why microsoft is releasing the black 360? Do you know why they are including HDMI cable and bigger hard drive?

I do. Its because they are planning on making it a Tivo along with being a game system. Hey what does TIVO do? it records media to watch. Hmmm.... hmm.. what were you saying about people caring if a system plays movies or not?

Finally, blue ray is not just for movies. It increases the game content and graphical capabilities ten times as much as the dvds used by wii and 360. This means a smaller HD is ok because the Discs alone hold up to 50Gigs. This is a gift not only to consumers but to game developers who constantly have to compress and downgrade their games to fit on dvds. I think a consumer would love blue ray for what it can do to gaming, not merely movies. I cant believe you honestly believe Blue ray is only for movies... sigh.

Also the "upcoming" titles list can change at any given time. Some titles may even be cancelled (such as Namco RPG and so forth.), while other titles may even be moved to other platforms or even be multi-platform. I'm not bashing Sony in anyway with my article, just providing facts and how Sony has lost a couple exclusives, and one of the many reasons was funding.

Of course any list can change, this is not console specific either. As i stated in another thread, the reasons for going multiplatform are based off the fact that these next gen games cost next gen prices. That means their budget is freakin high, that also means no matter what console they are exclusive for, they wont meet their desired result profit wise, unless they go multiplatform.
What you also are not making clear is that sony has a large first party list of games they are working on, and will have something for every genre. They have not lost exclusives but are prefering to make them. Linked with the capabilties of Home, sony believes that some exclusives going multiplatform will be better on PS3 anyways due to their HOME features which awards you for every game you buy, play, beat, and unlocks out of game content. Not to mention a more interactive controller over the 360 which.. is the only console system that competes with it.
It is estimated about 90%-98% of multiplatform games will make their way onto the PS3.

Anyways, it was fun playing with you.

Last edited:
Ok, if you want to play the facts game with me then I will be glad to take you up on it. I must warn you however, the result might make you look bad.

What part of the OPTIONAL hdmi cable dont you understand? You seriously think that the only choice gamers have is the size of the hard drive? gimme a break. Seriously, listen to yourself.

You dont need HDMi for the PS3 just as you DONT need it for the 360
In fact, YOU keep forgetting the 360 does not take full advantage of HD quality software, so whats the point?

You are being ignorant.

HDMI is optional and only works if you have an HDCP certified TV. The 360 does not use TRUE HD. To get a drive for it you pay 200$ more and are really limited to HD movies.

You seriously act like as what I've said has offended you to all new heights. First off, this is a video game discussion, not politics, so if you're going to speak here, don't whine and get all teary eyed.

Yes HDMI is optional, but if you wish to see how the system's true power is, you need the HDMI cables, of course you should know that. Being a Sony fanboy yourself, I'm ashamed you never acknowledged that fact. As I've stated earlier, they'll let the gamer choose if they want the HD Player, as it's not for everyone, as the Blu-Ray player on the Ps3 is not for everyone. Do you honestly believe that an 8 year old kid who has received a Ps3 for his birthday would be interested in Blu-Ray Dvds over games like Ridge Racer and Genji?

Finally, engadget even had an article on this, that the HDMI cables can cost anywhere from 5-30 bucks if you shop online. Kinda sucks now for you doesnt it?
http://www.mycablemart.com/store/car...9 FGAodEXKgjQ
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/...ble-10+ft..htm.
Kinda destroyed your argument there now didnt i? Im not gonna apologize for it either.

Going onward. The ps3 uses a graphic chip that is estimated at around 500$ by current days standards, it includes a blue ray rom drive which is usually on the market for upwards of 600$. Now lets not forget the Cell CPU which matches the GPU speed of the included graphics card. This puts it 10x faster than the 360s CPU. Cell processors are fairly new, and with new and fast technology, the price is often not the cheapest.
You are getting a better deal with the PS3. Dont like the current size of the hard drive, then upgrade it. Its possible, just look on the net. Hey did you know you can get 100 gigs out of the HD inlcuded witht he 60 gig version? strange huh? http://www.slashgear.com/ps3-hard-dr...ade-132464.php

Engadget is partially right, but before posting links, I suggest doing research yourself. You can get HDMI to DVI adaptors for around that price, as for HDMI's are not within the 5 dollar to 30 dollar range. Since you enjoy posting links, I'll do so for you as well:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nexx...59843/catOid/-12885/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

As this is probably the least expensive HDMI cable (Note: Not HDMI to DVI)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...HDMI&lp=13&type=product&cp=1&id=1153337009041 As it ranges to be 49.99. Also, instead of leaching off articles that don't give your own actually input, it would of been more effective if you've done your homework and at least done some paraphrasing. But of course, the common fanboy won't do such a thing. Now, if you had at least read my article, you would noticed that I said Sony is losing every money on each system being sold, and they're trying to break even, but no luck yet. As of now, Ps3 isn't a better deal. Not many games are out, and the majority of them are multi-platform at the moment. So in your eyes of better deal, that's a joke.

Finally, you say people are not interested in watching movies on their system... well do you KNOW why microsoft is releasing the black 360? Do you know why they are including HDMI cable and bigger hard drive?

I do. Its because they are planning on making it a Tivo along with being a game system. Hey what does TIVO do? it records media to watch. Hmmm.... hmm.. what were you saying about people caring if a system plays movies or not?

Finally, blue ray is not just for movies. It increases the game content and graphical capabilities ten times as much as the dvds used by wii and 360. This means a smaller HD is ok because the Discs alone hold up to 50Gigs. This is a gift not only to consumers but to game developers who constantly have to compress and downgrade their games to fit on dvds. I think a consumer would love blue ray for what it can do to gaming, not merely movies. I cant believe you honestly believe Blue ray is only for movies... sigh.

I never said gamers are not interested in playing movies on their system as in that context, gamers would prefer playing actual games on a system rather than playing movies itself. As for the 360 coming out with the HDMI output and 120 gig hard drive, it's simply just a lassiez faire, and what consumers want, they'll eventually get. Actually for Tivo, nothing has been confirmed by Microsoft, but as for Sony, it has. More than likely if Sony has Tivo, Microsoft will have to take an alternative route. Once again, this doesn't shed light on the casual gamer, in which I am speaking for. For when I have spoken previously, you've taken this as I speak for every individual gamer out there, when each and every person has a distinct personality, dislikes, favorites and so forth. It's a wonderful idea that they've implented Blu-Ray, but the average consumer won't care, as the prices are too high (at the moment.). You keep on thinking about how the Ps3 benefits you in every way possible, but do you ever step out and go to an individual's eyes who know nothing of what HDMI or Blu Ray actually is? Of course you don't.

Of course any list can change, this is not console specific either. As i stated in another thread, the reasons for going multiplatform are based off the fact that these next gen games cost next gen prices. That means their budget is freakin high, that also means no matter what console they are exclusive for, they wont meet their desired result profit wise, unless they go multiplatform.
What you also are not making clear is that sony has a large first party list of games they are working on, and will have something for every genre. They have not lost exclusives but are prefering to make them. Linked with the capabilties of Home, sony believes that some exclusives going multiplatform will be better on PS3 anyways due to their HOME features which awards you for every game you buy, play, beat, and unlocks out of game content. Not to mention a more interactive controller over the 360 which.. is the only console system that competes with it.
It is estimated about 90%-98% of multiplatform games will make their way onto the PS3.

Anyways, it was fun playing with you.

Exactly, it's not console specific, yet you posted the list implying that it was. I can post a list giving out 6 different Mario games coming out within the year, or 15 "Unnamed" Racing games by EA Sports BIG coming out within the year, and it might be cut down to a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 3. Sony does in fact have a huge list of exclusives (Namco and Square Enix are the biggest.). Honestly, HOME is just a gimmicky rip off of both Mii's with a mixture of Xbox Live. As for the interactivity, you mean the tilt feature that it had took from the Wii's motion sensing ideas? Or are you speaking about how the L and R buttons are more bigger? Or is it because it's simply the same design with an orange button in the center? Sony loses all in all over creativity, as for games, we'll have to wait and see what they can come out with to win the average gamer over. I could care less if Ps3 receives third party support, as so would the other consoles. But if a game like Shrek The Third comes out on the Ps3, and it's retailing for a 59.99 price, while the Ps2 version is 29.99-39.99, which one do you honestly think would sell more?

Nice attempt for an arguement, although you should be sharing your point of views and not looking at a Ps3 manual. :)

Kamikaze said:
You seriously act like as what I've said has offended you to all new heights. First off, this is a video game discussion, not politics, so if you're going to speak here, don't whine and get all teary eyed.

haha ok sounds you are the one getting emotional. If you dont like my word phrasing, then too bad.

Yes HDMI is optional, but if you wish to see how the system's true power is, you need the HDMI cables, of course you should know that. Being a Sony fanboy yourself, I'm ashamed you never acknowledged that fact. As I've stated earlier, they'll let the gamer choose if they want the HD Player, as it's not for everyone, as the Blu-Ray player on the Ps3 is not for everyone.

Thats funny you said it wasnt optional now you say it is. If you want to use the systems full power you need 1, a game made to use the resolution that is associated with HD, 2. You HAVE to have an HDCP tv before those HDMI cables will do you any good. 3. the Blue ray player is for every gamer in the sense that it HOLDS more game on a disc. Its not just for HD movies moron. You dont need HD to get the benefits of what can be stored on a blue ray disk.

Point is, you are not forced to use an HDMI cable. You dont need it. Just as you dont need an HDCP certified TV. But you have to have the tv before you have the HDMI cables. So why complain over a $10 HDMI cable if you need to have a HDCP tv that can use it?

Do you honestly believe that an 8 year old kid who has received a Ps3 for his birthday would be interested in Blu-Ray Dvds over games like Ridge Racer and Genji?

Obviously the PS3 is not marketed towards 8 year old children now is it? Just as HDCP tvs are not marketed at 8 year olds. Gaming systems dont always = small children. Just as cartoons dont always = rated G.

The PS3 is made to be included with the rest of the expensive home entertainment equipment found in a mature persons home, not next to some teddy rucksbin toy in lil jonnys room with his purple 18' crt tv and bed shaped like a racing car. Thats where the Wii comes in, it works in both environments.

Engadget is partially right, but before posting links, I suggest doing research yourself. You can get HDMI to DVI adaptors for around that price, as for HDMI's are not within the 5 dollar to 30 dollar range. Since you enjoy posting links, I'll do so for you as well:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nexx...59843/catOid/-12885/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

As this is probably the least expensive HDMI cable (Note: Not HDMI to DVI)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...HDMI&lp=13&type=product&cp=1&id=1153337009041 As it ranges to be 49.99.

$10
http://www.buyextras.com/6fehipehdtoh.html?gclid=COSZjrSSp4sCFQtkYQod8VxMfg
Burns doesnt it?
Next time, dont try so hard. If you are upset that HDMI cables cost so much in retail stores, blame the retail stores. The actual cables are inexpensive, only someone out there is trying to play the supply and demand game.

Also, instead of leaching off articles that don't give your own actually input, it would of been more effective if you've done your homework and at least done some paraphrasing. But of course, the common fanboy won't do such a thing. Now, if you had at least read my article, you would noticed that I said Sony is losing every money on each system being sold, and they're trying to break even, but no luck yet. As of now, Ps3 isn't a better deal. Not many games are out, and the majority of them are multi-platform at the moment. So in your eyes of better deal, that's a joke.

Hah, you really dont know much about me then, or have read any of my posts here in this forum. I dont leech off articles, but i do backup my own imput with concrete facts. Thats how an argument is supposed to work. Ever write a 30 page thesis? i would like to see you use only your own input without backing from outside sources.

As for the PS3 being a better deal? you totally screwed it all up. Dont forget you said that even with paying the 200 dollars more for an external HDrom drive, plus having to pay for xbox live, and not even having games that fully support HD is a better deal than buying 1 HDMI cable for a PS3.
Want a cookie?

The PS3 hardwarewise is a deal. Free internet play, is a deal. Free user made content, is a deal. Games? Well since this is a new system i suggest you give them time for the games to come out. You are getting a good deal for the hardware you buy. For the services that will be rendered, and the games... thats one of those wait and see senarios.

For when I have spoken previously, you've taken this as I speak for every individual gamer out there, when each and every person has a distinct personality, dislikes, favorites and so forth. It's a wonderful idea that they've implented Blu-Ray, but the average consumer won't care, as the prices are too high (at the moment.). You keep on thinking about how the Ps3 benefits you in every way possible, but do you ever step out and go to an individual's eyes who know nothing of what HDMI or Blu Ray actually is? Of course you don't.

Uh oh. Hypocritical statement!!. First you say I was mistaken for speaking for each individual out there, saying that each individual is different and has their pwn tastes, dislikes..ect then you go on to generalize that every consumer must not want the blue ray.

Ouch that didnt help you much.

If the consumer buys a product, they should know what they are buying. That is all. If they want an HD tv, they should know what HD is before buying an HD product. NO? It kind of makes sense to know what you are buying before you buy it. If they just blindly busting a lot of money on things they have no idea about, then they are either stupid, or will learn about it after the fact they own it.

I dont think the average consumer would go out, buy a PS3, come home and find out their tv sucks, then go back and buy an HDMI cable, then realise their tv sucks still, then go back and buy a new TV then blame the PS3.

Blue ray is explained everywhere, on PS3 demo booths, on the internet, it was on the news, its in your local blockbuster. There are sales reps who answer these questions before you buy. Theres no excuse to not know what blue ray is before you buy a blue ray product.

Nice attempt for an arguement, although you should be sharing your point of views and not looking at a Ps3 manual. :)

Hehe thats funny, i could have sworn my own points of view are backed up by facts and not opinion.. like you.
hmm... point of view + concrete details (facts or backing) = win.
Looks like you lose. Shucks.

Nice attempt though. ;-) We can keep this up all day, in the end you will find the hole you dug just keeps getting deeper. Or you could just be man enough and admit that the root of this argument was wrong on your part. That your point number 5 is overexagerated and invalid in your .. lol "article".

If Sony doesn't cut the price of the PS3 this year, I think there's a definite possibility that it will become the next GC (which is only bad in sense of sales). Nothing is certain though.

Also, I almost hate it when people post laundry lists.

Shiftfallout said:
Im sorry, when did the PS3 die? Kind of strange considering it was just released. I believe the 360 went through the same rough launch period as well.
As for games, they already are making god of war 3, implimenting rumble back into controllers, and a huge line of original games. You should really read up before assuming stuff.

Heres One list you might find interesting.

The PS3 has a lot going for it, just people dont really know whats going on. They assume they know and only cause misconceptions to be created.

for 600 bucks Im not buying for most of those games I bet 1/2 of those games will be on the 360, I bought a PS2 and had no fun with it because im just not int Sony games, Nintendo has always done a good job at making the types of games I like. And if the PS3 does not keep Kingdom hearts or Final Fantsy as a exclusive there done, end of story.

JerrodDRagon said:
for 600 bucks Im not buying for most of those games I bet 1/2 of those games will be on the 360, I bought a PS2 and had no fun with it because im just not int Sony games, Nintendo has always done a good job at making the types of games I like. And if the PS3 does not keep Kingdom hearts or Final Fantsy as a exclusive there done, end of story.

You are entitled to your opinion. =)

if gamecube was a failure, we woulda seen wii MUCH MUCH sooner. besides, if already fact that nintendo made Profits off the Gamecube so its not a failure, millions of people owned, plenty of titles were hits.

Virtual boy was a failure... Neogeo...Jaguar...those are failures.

JerrodDRagon said:
very tre in fact there have been rumours that square enix have been having doubt with the ps3 and are considering returning to nintendo
:worship:
in fact the first final fantasy game (which as you probably know was on NES) saved the company

The PS3 is just like the Wii, Both are waiting for new games, it happen's to all new systems. As far as the PS3 Loosing exculives, i could care less. I wouldn't buy a Multi Platform game in the near future. I bought the PS3 so that i could play TRUE HD quality games. That means I wanted the Blue Ray drive so that the developers could put true HD Content without worring about space.

True, the PS3 isn't for everyone... It can be helped that some gamers have no clue.

EQDruid

No such thing as TRUE HD. Just HD
which is anything above 480
720 = HD
1080 = HD etc

I know some gamers have no clue - they bought a ps3!

As for blu-ray - won't matter. All games will be 360 ports so the extra space won't be usued to its full potential.
Also the blu-ray player is rubbish. loading times will be huge.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
No such thing as TRUE HD. Just HD
which is anything above 480
720 = HD
1080 = HD etc
Yes there is, theres a lot of HD claims but not many actually deliever on it. Full HD lets you have a medium that can read HD visuals (which require loads of disk space) and display them on HDCP TVs at the highest maximum resolution. You can still have something push up the rez but its pointless if the in game/movie files are not offering up more detailed display information as well. You are more than welcome to take a look at screenies showing the difference.

Wii does not include HD. 360 only offers gameplay from a regular dvd but requires you to pay 200 bucks more for an HD drive in which the games are not going use and the PS3 combines it all into one package, you have the option for using all the latest resolutions and its Blue Ray offers more for high quality content to be displayed upon the HDtvs at MAX resolution.

I know some gamers have no clue - they bought a ps3!

As for blu-ray - won't matter. All games will be 360 ports so the extra space won't be usued to its full potential.
Also the blu-ray player is rubbish. loading times will be huge.

I bought a PS3 and I love it. The load times are normal, not to long at all and the game play is smooth. Its no different than me loading up a lastest gen game on my PC. As for your claim taht all games will be 360 ports.. well you are wrong and you know it. TheDarkness, (the perfect example) is a game being made as a multiplatformer for 360 and PS3. They say that the PS3 allows them to add much more streaming content into the game and therefor using the blue ray the PS3 version of the game will include MORE audio-visuals and streaming media. Dont forget there are quite a few exclusives on the horizon, and every PS3 game has some extra content that is brought to HOME.

No, when its multiplatform its multiplatform, no ports. Sorry to dissapoint you.
But hey, you dont own a PS3 i take it, so why moan about it and pretend like you know everything about it right?

Back