The marijuana thread.

You're right, because if one famous idiot does something, it immediately means that it's okay.
Not really what I was saying at all. I don't condone drug use.

I'm just saying that the fact that an olympic swimmer(a sport which requires great lung capacity) smokes weed is a good counterpoint for those saying it is worse for your lungs than cigs etc...

The Netherlands.
Nope, it's actually not legal there. They just tolerate it.

I'm just saying that the fact that an olympic swimmer(a sport which requires great lung capacity) smokes weed is a good counterpoint for those saying it is worse for your lungs than cigs etc...

Nope, it's actually not legal there. They just tolerate it.

Not a lot of places, but yeah, some will let you have a tiny bit or something. Yah.

Certainly you know that in this day and age very few people in politics are arguing over marajuana's direct effects. It's the headliner of the gateway drugs—a theory that seems very plausible, but has yet to be backed by strong evidence. I honestly don't know the least bit about drugs, as I come from an extremely sheltered family, but from what I know I don't see how marajuana is any more dangerous than alcohol. At the same time, however, I wouldn't just legalize it to make you guys happy, I'd legalize it to bring in revenue. I'm talking a 50% or higher excise tax. Sure, at that price there would still be a lot of dealing, but I think that there would also be a large portion of people that would pay up to play it safe.

Certainly you know that in this day and age very few people in politics are arguing over marajuana's direct effects. It's the headliner of the gateway drugs—a theory that seems very plausible, but has yet to be backed by strong evidence. I honestly don't know the least bit about drugs, as I come from an extremely sheltered family, but from what I know I don't see how marajuana is any more dangerous than alcohol. At the same time, however, I wouldn't just legalize it to make you guys happy, I'd legalize it to bring in revenue. I'm talking a 50% or higher excise tax. Sure, at that price there would still be a lot of dealing, but I think that there would also be a large portion of people that would pay up to play it safe.

Very true, anyone with half a brain can see that there are much more dangerous legal things out there.

I think that the fact that it is a gateway drug is highly related to the fact that it is taboo, so it being legal might actually help that over time. For example: many people in Amsterdam have never heard of meth or speed(saw it on this drug wars documentary).

Not a lot of places, but yeah, some will let you have a tiny bit or something. Yah.
Yeah the laws in most places are pretty funky. They tolerate it in some parts of California because it has revived crashing economies(see: Oaksterdam), but the feds just randomly shut down some places. Also there is a church there which uses it as a sacrament so they get away with it. I don't know why more people don't try that idea.

Last edited:
kids don't even know phelps smoked weed just teens and by that time they have already decided whether or not they are going to smoke weed or not.
i still standd by what i said, also the message isn't smoking weed is ok its smoking weed maturely/responsibly is ok.

Heh, I've used those before. Real best way to avoid scent(and healthiest way to smoke as well) is to buy a vaporizer, but the cheap ones cost like $70.

Anyone see that marijuana inc. thing last night on CNBC? I wanted to slap that ***** in the face at parts of it.

They were making it seem like that one county in California where it is basically legal in was all terrible and there was crime because weed was legal. But the places they were talking about were extremely run down before it was made legal, and the legalization helped bring the economy up to a much more livable state.

:lol:

Researchers led by Dr Stephen Schwartz of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle noticed that the rate at which the disease has spread in US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand since the 1950s appeared to follow the increase in cannabis use closely.
Wow, there was an increase in testicular cancer, and marijuana use since the 1950s!? That must mean it caused it!

They don't really explain to much about the surveys, I don't know where they are getting those percentages from.

That is a garbage study, it was only in Seattle(which I'm guessing smokes a lot of weed since they have a hempfest there) that they did their little survey and it was with a very small amount of people.

Back