The Punk Rock-Hardcore Rock Thread!

Alexisonfire, Billy Talent, Green Day, Rancid, and many more are some bands I enjoy of the punk/hardcore genre. Punk/Rock is what I enjoy listening to most.

As I lay Dying!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzAXKdNYuUE[/media]

thats all for now....

The Number 12 Looks Like You, Protest The Hero, The Blood, Anit-Flag! (they have amazing live performances), I' am Hollywood, and I guess .Moneen. can be classified as a "hardcore" band.

Metal = Punk/Hardcore Rock ?
New Rock = Punk/Harcore Rock ?

If so, this is by far my favorite genre.

I like hardcore, classic, and alternative rock. Tenacious D, The White Stripes, AC/DC, Queen, and Velvet Revolver.
Any of you like these↑?
Don't listen to Punk much, y'know, Punk, eh, not so much.

Oh yes, the concert with Anit-Flag, Moneen, Rise Against and Bill Talent was intense. My first concert as well.

CantGetAWii said:
Oh yes, the concert with Anit-Flag, Moneen, Rise Against and Bill Talent was intense. My first concert as well.

You went to that concert? My friends at that one, while I was stuck in the seats.. But didn't Anti-Flag ditch? But I saw them this year at the Attack In Black, Saosin, Anti-Flag and Alexisonfire show in December.

Personally, Punk and Garage are my favourite genres.

The Hives > All. I also like Billy Talent, Dead kennedys and the clash. To name a few!

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_fVSBEgKA[/MEDIA]

I think I would consider alot of the newer "hardcore" stuff Punk.
The Punk title kinda fadded away from popularity when grung took its place. Granted it might not be all about anarchy today, lol, but this newer stuff we get seems to be alot like Punk in the attitude twards society and the "establishment". And the Metal/Acid rock of today is way different then the 80's pop metal and I would toss it right in with the "hardcore" music group.

I wouldn't call it alternative thats for sure, even though thats what almost all music gets labeled these days if it doesnt fall into a specific group like hip-hop/rock/pop.

Last edited:
wezeles said:
I think I would consider alot of the newer "hardcore" stuff Punk.
The Punk title kinda fadded away from popularity when grung took its place. Granted it might not be all about anarchy today, lol, but this newer stuff we get seems to be alot like Punk in the attitude twards society and the "establishment". And the Metal/Acid rock of today is way different then the 80's pop metal and I would toss it right in with the "hardcore" music group.

I wouldn't call it alternative thats for sure, even though thats what almost all music gets labeled these days if it doesnt fall into a specific group like hip-hop/rock/pop.

I think so too. Some people don't though, like the people who think refused is a screamo band...LOL!

Some of my favorite bands are strike anywhere, rise against, kid dynamite, the unseen, riverboat gamblers, avail, against all authority, the bronx, paint it black, minor threat and sick of it all.

Riverboat Gamblers and Strike Anywhere are playing in my town next month, should be a great show =D

Twiik said:
Some of my favorite bands are strike anywhere, rise against, kid dynamite, the unseen, riverboat gamblers, avail, against all authority, the bronx, paint it black, minor threat and sick of it all.

Riverboat Gamblers and Strike Anywhere are playing in my town next month, should be a great show =D

Kewl, enjoy the show.

Back