The Ranting/Venting Thread.

RadNad said:
Year 9 is one of the most important since of the tests at the end of the year, which go towards GCSE stuff and stuff, Year 8 is one of the least important. :/

HAHAHAHA, no... GCSEs don't mean anything either... Look at my... Brilliant marks...

Year 9 contributes nothing towards your GCSEs, and I mean, at all.

Did you do "sets" in your Secondary School, because some of the "retards" in the lower sets get the crappy paper whilst others get the "smart" one. Thus lowering your overall level...

RadNad said:
Did you do "sets" in your Secondary School, because some of the "retards" in the lower sets get the crappy paper whilst others get the "smart" one. Thus lowering your overall level...

Yeah, we have sets, and teachers don't normally move you down unless you attack them or something. I got in the highest sets for absolutely everything, and I didn't do much work at all, never did any homework, and I still didn't get moved down. I think I actually asked to be moved down in maths but she wouldn't let me, evil, evil woman.

You can go for the higher tier papers even if you're in set 2, most of them get set for that. Plus, if you do that well with your coursework, even set 2's can go for the higher tier paper. It all just depends on how much you lick your teacher's arse.

I got moved down from Top Set Spanish into Set 2...

English=Set1/3
Spanish=Set2/3
French=Set2/6
Maths=Set4/6...
Science=Set2/3

The rest of the lessons aren't into sets. I think I'm doing quite average actually...

You know the lower tiers are designed so the idiots can get the best marks they possibly can? It's all a messed up system, but year 9 doesn't matter, if you were smart enough, you'd stay in your set.

He needs to be told school doesn't matter! You only need 4 C's or above to get into college.

What about if you're going to do 6th Form instead! Well, I guess that's pretty much the same... I'm getting on average Level 5b. Lowest 5c (Art). Highest 6a (Maths). In Geography I've been getting A and B's and in English I've been getting B+ on all my homework's so far. Don't know about the others since they mark differently...

RadNad said:
What about if you're going to do 6th Form instead! Well, I guess that's pretty much the same... I'm getting on average Level 5b. Lowest 5c (Art). Highest 6a (Maths). In Geography I've been getting A and B's and in English I've been getting B+ on all my homework's so far. Don't know about the others since they mark differently...

Look, I came out with straight 7's in my SATs and they didn't contribute to anything. The tests were a different exam board so completely threw off most of the syllabus, it's like learning the whole thing again.

6th Form is exactly the same, in fact, it's smaller, so it's even easier to get into. I so declined my place in sixth form, best move ever.

Back