The Universe

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
Where does everyone stand on the theories of the universe?

Myself, I am undecided. Lots of nice ideas such as string theory and relativity....space time 'threads'.

So the universe 'time, space and gravity' brief definition. Where do you stand on it?

Looks like Napalm will be having some deja vu.

I'm so undecided.

I think about it a lot, and read about it a lot too o.0 I also wish I'd taken something like Philosophy in college. Really intrests me.

Question for openin the debate

How can the universe be inifnate ?
When you cant have infinte of some thing real

Unless it loops we have established that theres a centre of the universe so when we get to the edge will there a infinate loop

HyPeRsHoCk said:
For forum rules.

How would a discussion on time and space breach the rules?

Hey, deja vu... :lol:

Heavy physics warning:

I think the Universe is infinitely large, since the current evidence points towards a "flat" universe. For you guys, a flat universe is one in which the rules of Euclidean geometry (the geometry you learn in school, rather than the various types of geometry in general relativity) apply. If it is flat, then the Universe is infinitely large, and the expansion of the Universe is actually the gaps between galaxies getting larger. It's possible the Universe is "closed" (sort of like living on the surface of a balloon) or "open" (similar to a flat universe, but with hyperbolic geometry instead) too. It all depends on the value of the density parameter Ω, which is thought to be close to or exactly 1.

Then there's the question of what's going to happen to the Universe in the future. Some suggest a Big Crunch where it shrinks back into a singularity, but it would seem this is not the case. The Universe is not only expanding, but that expansion is accelerating, caused by the mysterious and as as-yet-unexplained dark energy. Presumably this means it will expand forever and eventually reach a point of "heat death" where the entropy of the Universe reaches a maximum and there is no longer any energy that is available to be put to use (there would still be the same amount of energy as there is now, but it would all be "useless" energy).

Cosmology lesson over.

HyPeRsHoCk said:
For forum rules.

We can talk about what our favourite gun is, but not the nature of space and time? :confused:

It whould be nice to see what happens at the end
But with galaxys getin futher away looks like we will have to develop some fast way to get there
But if theres a black hole in the middle of every gallaxy slowly suckin (huh huh I said suckin) every thing towards it some time the the very distant fucher wont all the gallaxy just be a vast eptmyness
Oh great
That means if we dont all kill each other first will there be humans (or what ever wii evolve into) left
Will there be a restrunt at the end of the universe ?
(sorry had to have a DNA line in ther esomeware)

Napalmbrain said:
We can talk about what our favourite gun is, but not the nature of space and time? :confused:
We can leave the favourite gun topic for the people that still think that Star trek style ships might happen

VidyaVince said:
Damn, The Lounge forum is pretty deep.

No thats just the topics that require some kind of intelgance

Darkprinny said:
It whould be nice to see what happens at the end
But with galaxys getin futher away looks like we will have to develop some fast way to get there
But if theres a black hole in the middle of every gallaxy slowly suckin (huh huh I said suckin) every thing towards it some time the the very distant fucher wont all the gallaxy just be a vast eptmyness
Oh great
That means if we dont all kill each other first will there be humans (or what ever wii evolve into) left
Will there be a restrunt at the end of the universe ?
(sorry had to have a DNA line in ther esomeware)

Well there black holes at the centre of every galaxy, but they don't suck in everything, only things that go near them. In fact its possible they actually shrink over time by Hawking (master of the universe LOL) radiation. Unfortunately after a very long time the Universe runs out useful energy (as mentioned above) anyway.

Napalmbrain said:
Well there black holes at the centre of every galaxy, but they don't suck in everything, only things that go near them. In fact its possible they actually shrink over time by Hawking (master of the universe LOL) radiation. Unfortunately after a very long time the Universe runs out useful energy (as mentioned above) anyway.

Ours is spinin into one as we speak

[For the dim]
Dont worry it wont be a problem for a few thousand life times
[/For the dim]

And those rouge ones might get us before that

I heard in AS level physics (which was years ago), that neutrinos are emitted from black holes... (at least some kind of particle anyway).

But back to the topic at hand. I personally believe that we will inevitably loop, both space and time. It's the only way the universe makes sense to me.

Back