The Universe

Darkprinny said:
Ours is spinin into one as we speak

[For the dim]
Dont worry it wont be a problem for a few thousand life times
[/For the dim]

And those rouge ones might get us before that

Yeah, it will be a long time till that happens, but I feel sorry for those who will be alive when the time comes... if they survive the upcoming climate change. :sick:

The universe as infinite?.. no, I say they use that term as a way of saying the universe will never stop expanding until it eventually dies.

Squall7 said:
I heard in AS level physics (which was years ago), that neutrinos are emitted from black holes... (at least some kind of particle anyway).

Yes, that's the Hawking radiation I mentioned.

But back to the topic at hand. I personally believe that we will inevitably loop, both space and time. It's the only way the universe makes sense to me.

Why does it have to be a loop?

Well yes black holes do spew out matter
A hole smaller than that >. cant put it everyware

The only way of tellin if the unverse is a loop is to send two probes off in diffrent dircetions and if they come back its knida proof that it dose

Unless there are aliens with a sense of humor

Napalmbrain said:
Yes, that's the Hawking radiation I mentioned.
:smilewinkgrin: Yay! I remembered something from Physics.

Why does it have to be a loop?
It explains how the universe could have it's laws of conservation in tact without the need for a beginning or an end.

Of course, that's on the basis that the laws of physics are a constant anyway.

I always liked the speculation and theories behind physics, but could never really get my head around most of the actual facts. Apart from the basics (like Newtons laws)...

Gikoku said:
I'm a little confused on that as well.. The universe would literally have to be infinite in time or basically truly immortal, to keep looping the lifespan of all life inside it.
Lifespan? Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only converted. With this in mind, the energy of the universe is at a constant. In essence, it doesn't have a "lifespan" per se. The nearest thing we could refer to as a "lifespan" is the point where everything radically changes (such as the big crunch theory). Even then, it's more refering to our state of being rather than an actual "lifespan".

Darkprinny said:
The only way of tellin if the unverse is a loop is to send two probes off in diffrent dircetions and if they come back its knida proof that it dose
Actually, that wouldn't prove it. Based on the concept of space being bent by gravitational fields, it's perfectly plausable that a probe would eventually bend back on itself from the gravitational pull of the nearest masses in space.

Makes me think of the reason the MIA spacestation had to come down - they didn't count on the infintecimal resistance and therefore decelloration through space dust and random particles in space. If only they had fitted boosters...

Last edited:
I'll bring in a little string theory?

Gikoku said:
I'm a little confused on that as well.. The universe would literally have to be infinite in time or basically truly immortal, to keep looping the lifespan of all life inside it.
If we stand at the edge (with a space suit on) what will we see ?

I dont think these questions will be answerd in our life time

Darkprinny said:

I dont think these questions will be answerd in our life time

How can we possibly reach the end before we cease to exist?

Cpt.McCloud said:

True. We can't even make it from one galaxy to another in a single human lifespan.

But that's what interests me more about the universe. Other life out there, clearly we can't be the only stable form of advanced life in the universe, especially after see that Hubble image.

Cpt.McCloud said:
We will probably branched out to diffrent planets by then (its allready happenin with the moon)
So maybe some kind of movein space station
But of corse what will make it move ?

Darkprinny said:
That's based on the idea that there is an edge to the universe...

Gikoku said:
True. We can't even make it from one galaxy to another in a single human lifespan.

But that's what interests me more about the universe. Other life out there, clearly we can't be the only stable form of advanced life in the universe, especially after see that Hubble image.
It's a statistical probablity that we're not alone in the universe (or multiverse).

Of course, there's always wormholes...

Darkprinny said:
We will probably branched out to diffrent planets by then
So maybe some kind of movein space station
But of corse what will make it move ?

We need star gates:shifty:

Squall7 said:
That's based on the idea that there is an edge to the universe...

It's a statistical probablity that we're not alone in the universe (or multiverse).

Of course, there's always wormholes...

Some thing that I never thorgt id ever say again
UNIVRERSE THROY FIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Back