So it loops
Why dose it have a centre

I recon if we stand on the edge of the last galaxy we will see nothin

Darkprinny said:
So it loops
Why dose it have a centre

I recon if we stand on the edge of the last galaxy we will see nothin

Seeing nothing...That is impossible.

It either loops back on itself or it's infinite large. The universe we can see is merely the "observable universe", that is the region in which light has had enough time to reach us, and the actual universe would be larger.

Zoro11031 said:
The universe confuses me. The very existence of some things confuses me (worm holes, black holes, etc).

Wormholes and black holes didn't confuse me at first. Then I learned the maths behind them... let's just say your tensor calculus needs to be up to scratch before you can even hope to understand it. :scared:

Black holes explination in easy mode -
Sometimes cursed by a star colaspin in on its self (impoldein)
The suck stuff in
There near impossable to spot (there smaller than a five pence piece)

The universe is explained by pacman. You reach one end, and there you appear at the otherside. see the things you can learn from games?

No, just kidding, i dont actually believe the universe loops back on itself. To start, my physics training consists of Physics 30(grade 12) so its obviously limited, and yes what i am saying i am pulling outta my ass, so dont quote it as fact. But i believe that the smallest things in our universe parralel that of our biggest. I believe that the universe is infinite in the fact that nothing could ever reach the end, because nothing can go faster then how the universe is expanding now. It is continually accelerating and has been since The Big Bang. So i think the universe just keeps going and could never be caught up to. Therefore it is infinite. But the problem is that to accelerate, the universe must be using energy, which can't be infinite, and you can't create energy or get energy for nothing(conservation of energy). This is where my ass starts to do the talking: Electrons accelerate around the nucleus in an atom. An accelerating particle creates EMR( Electromagnetic radition) which is a form of energy. So theoretically, the electron would have to eventually run out of energy and spiral into the nucleus, which emerically doesnt happen. So the theory of DeBroglie's Wavelength is born. It states that the electron releases a wavelength that it later collects back into itself, creating an infinite loop and what seems to be infinite enery. I think something of the same thing happens to the energy causing the force to accelerate the universe infinitly.

Sounds dumb i know, don't chew me up too hard napalm. I came up with it just because of another parralel between electrons and the universe. The Chaos theory about the universe resembles the theory of probability behind where to find an electron at any certain time. Although eistein would disagree, because he couldnt accept that everything our universe is made up of is based on mere chance and probability.

Anyways, just a theory, not saying i really do believe it or it has even the slightest scientifical merit. I donno

Oh ya, and i do know that electrons aren't the smallest thing in our universe, but you get what i mean.

Gikoku said:
True. We can't even make it from one galaxy to another in a single human lifespan.

But that's what interests me more about the universe. Other life out there, clearly we can't be the only stable form of advanced life in the universe, especially after see that Hubble image.

Yeah, right now. But imagine what our technological advances will have brought us in, say, 300-400 years. Research into space flight will advance, space shuttles will be able to sustain longer flights and travel longer distances in shorter periods of time, the teraformation of planets might have begun. Who knows? Plus, by then, i'm sure the that the population of earth will have outgrown its current home and will have to look for other means of living (under the sea under the sea under the sea!) and will have to explore the great beyond.

The main questions are
Who will livein in space for a long time effect the human body
It has been said that people that have been in a zero G enviroment for a few eeks find it hard to stand on Earth
They are comin up with ways to combat this mainly by strapein them on to a treadmill so the get there legs workin
I think they cant put a Wii on bored

Food supplies
Rations will only last for so long and how will plants and indeed animals cope with zero G

What will happen to a persons mind (thinks of all them sci fi films)
You cant play with lego in space
Now granted they could probably take the game Disgaea and its sequals with them but that will only take up a year or so

Comunicatin with people back on Earth
We know theres a delay but the futher away you get from Earth the longer it takes
Phone sex is outa the question

Darkprinny said:
The main questions are
Who will livein in space for a long time effect the human body
It has been said that people that have been in a zero G enviroment for a few eeks find it hard to stand on Earth
They are comin up with ways to combat this mainly by strapein them on to a treadmill so the get there legs workin
I think they cant put a Wii on bored

Food supplies
Rations will only last for so long and how will plants and indeed animals cope with zero G

What will happen to a persons mind (thinks of all them sci fi films)
You cant play with lego in space
Now granted they could probably take the game Disgaea and its sequals with them but that will only take up a year or so

Comunicatin with people back on Earth
We know theres a delay but the futher away you get from Earth the longer it takes
Phone sex is outa the question

Zero G - Its possible to induce gravity in a spacecraft, i just don't know how.

Communication - With my satellite internet it takes about 2 seconds on vent for my messages to hit others. Thats only 28k miles up, so we'd probably have to think of an alternative to satellite communication. MAYBE A GIANT PHONE LINE?!

Food Source - Food from a toob, problem solved! But srsly, that could be a problem. Even with the teraforming of solid planets the soil will pry not be fertile enough to grow crops up dar.

Dorkfish said:
Zero G - Its possible to induce gravity in a spacecraft, i just don't know how.

Communication - With my satellite internet it takes about 2 seconds on vent for my messages to hit others. Thats only 28k miles up, so we'd probably have to think of an alternative to satellite communication. MAYBE A GIANT PHONE LINE?!

Food Source - Food from a toob, problem solved! But srsly, that could be a problem. Even with the teraforming of solid planets the soil will pry not be fertile enough to grow crops up dar.

Gravaty is for planets gose off the mass of it
Small (Murcury)planets less
Pig planets (Saturn) Loads
So maybe if it rotates

Thats all they need in space
A 56K connection

We are yet to find a never endin food sorce
But food supliys are runin out on this planet (to meny people)
I think we need to start doin a Battle Royal style thing in schools

Darkprinny said:
Gravaty is for planets gose off the mass of it
Small (Murcury)planets less
Pig planets (Saturn) Loads
So maybe if it rotates

Thats all they need in space
A 56K connection

We are yet to find a never endin food sorce
But food supliys are runin out on this planet (to meny people)
I think we need to start doin a Battle Royal style thing in schools

Major truth right there, but lets not get off topic.

Humans are know for their ability to adapt, if we live on mercury (too close to sun so can't anyway) or Saturn (big ball of gas so cant) we will find a way to compensate for the little or large amounts of gravity.

And to the 56k connection, hell, better than nothing.

Mars is the only planet thats considerd stable for US

But thanks to the Sky at Night (tv program with the legend Sir Patrick Moore) I have seen what we will evolve into if we do end up on there

56k connection
half a hour to watch a 60 secound youtube vid

Darkprinny said:
Mars is the only planet thats considerd stable for US

But thanks to the Sky at Night (tv program with the legend Sir Patrick Moore) I have seen what we will evolve into if we do end up on there

56k connection
half a hour to watch a 60 secound youtube vid

Satellite connection then, we be in space w/e

Back