The Universe

Brawny said:
First, that's not what the third law is talking about, second, it's the first law that applies.

The satellite tends to go straight into space while gravity is the unbalanced force acting upon it.

We're using different frames of reference.
Newton's third law proves that centrifugal force has to exist. hence my use of it in my explanation i could have also mentioned the first and second law, but i don't want to over complicate it for members who might not have the right knowledge to follow easily

Edit: no worrys.

SUMF=ma. :)

My sister's in algebra...she had to solve for acceleration in that formula AND COULDN'T DO IT.

She's 14...

or F = mv/t

that equation is actually very important when looking and understanding centrifugal forces

Or F=mv^2/r, very important in understand centripital force

Napalmbrain said:
[showing off]More precisely, F=dp/dt. F=ma only works if the mass is constant.[/showing off]

Whats the p? Derivative of what in relation to time?

aww yes yes. or it could be hc/(no symbol for lambda on my keyboard lol)

Napalmbrain said:
Actually, it's not vital to do so since there's no way to confuse that particular equation.

That's energy, and it's for quantum mechanics.

I know I know, its just a habit of mine to do it when I have a calculator.

Napalmbrain said:
Actually, it's not vital to do so since there's no way to confuse that particular equation.

That's energy, and it's for quantum mechanics.

Aww crap, your right. sheesh you know your stuff. i meant h/(lambda). Derived from Einsteins e=mc^2 equation of course. haha.

DRMARIO said:
They're actually searching for the Graviton, by using the Large Hadron Collider.
hmmm... thats going to be a tough task... hope they do it in my lifetime would be interesting to see how they go about proving it.

If they do find the graviton, alot of topics taught in physics are going to have to be revamped.

If they find the graviton it'll actually do a lot to confirm the physics we already have. It looks like it's going to be difficult to detect one though...

crazyman2 said:
Aww crap, your right. sheesh you know your stuff. i meant h/(lambda). Derived from Einsteins e=mc^2 equation of course. haha.

Haha, now you're even further out. :D
h/(lambda) doesn't mean anything, and hc/(lambda) is not derived from E=mc^2. Here's some correct equations:

Gravitational force: F=GMm/r^2
Electromagnetic force: F=q(E+v><B) [where >< is a vector product]

Back