Thermal Toros vs Thermal Wa2000

LUCKYCHARM

WiiChat Member
Jun 23, 2011
Hi, Im almost lvl 50 and i cant decide wht sniper with thermal is better. If u can help please do.

It's really personal preference. Which on are you more comfortable with? I prefer the Wazoo right now. A lot of people prefer the Toros. Which ever one you like really.

I think the toros is better because it has less recoil. I used the WA2000 till level 50 and then switched to the toros. Both kill the hero in 1 shot with heavy hitter. The WA2000 just looks cooler but has disgusting recoil.

Why is the toros better than the talon? just wondering. I haven't looked at the stats, I just know I put on heavy hitter and the talon fires rather quickly.

In my accounts the Toros takes more than one shot on occasion if you dont aim from the chest up... WA is one shot one kill about 90% of the time for me... doesn't matter where I end up hitting the guy he is dead.

I'll take the WA over the Toros because one shot is better and faster than two or more shots. I can over look the nasty recoil it has for that matter.

Talon is OKAY... That's it... Just meh. Nothing special there. I'll take the Toros over it.

I don't use HH so I look for the most successful rifle at killing in one shot, and for me it's the WA.

Last edited:
plus you must account for the length, the wa2k is a bullpup, so you don't have a prominant 3 ft barrel jutting into space for a counter sniper to pick off. too many would-be ''snipers'' get too close to a window or railinglike the train in station. i ki:led hero bond 6 times w/ pavlov in station once.

too many would-be ''snipers'' get too close to a window or railinglike the train in station. i ki:led hero bond 6 times w/ pavlov in station once.

Yes, snipers shoot from cover inside buildings or with foliage camouflage. High points, far distances etc... This game wasn't made to snipe like you would in a real life account.... No FPS made is for that matter.

I think scout snipers are bad ass motherf'ckers. Wish companies that make FPS would pay more attention to the fact that there is a lot more in to sniping then point and shoot.

I like to try and keep sniping as real as possible when playing GE. Always use a Silencer and snipe from a location with the most cover.

Yes, snipers shoot from cover inside buildings or with foliage camouflage. High points, far distances etc... This game wasn't made to snipe like you would in a real life account.... No FPS made is for that matter.

I think scout snipers are bad ass motherf'ckers. Wish companies that make FPS would pay more attention to the fact that there is a lot more in to sniping then point and shoot.

I like to try and keep sniping as real as possible when playing GE. Always use a Silencer and snipe from a location with the most cover.

you familiar w/ MOUT? Military Operations (in) Urban Terrain, i have a training manual on it (courtesy of being in a military family) it's the Bible of FPS Professionals, something noobs never understand. course nonsilenced talon is pretty silent, i get good streaks using it on thermal pavlov too. i hate toros, super loud report & w/ a muzzle flash like a battleship, i kill them seconds after they shoot once. too bad you can't lie prone & use a bipod. or get a ghillie suit to disript your silhouette. & scope tracking is far slower than real life.

First off, thermal scope is really not recommended for any sniper, its just really depends on the level (Outpost,Jungle,Memorial) where people camoflauge surprisingly well even though there is no camoflauge on both jungle and memorial. A silencer is recommended weather you run and gun or camp, being undetected is always a huge plus especially when shooting from behind. is you are levels 1-35 for your sniper loadout just use the pavlov (able to be silenced) which is RECOMMENDED even over the talon, Both are 2 hit kills with or without Heavy Hitter (talon takes up half the screen unlike the pavlov which takes up only a quarter of the screen being able to see many enemys at once). Or the toros (can't be silenced) which can be tanks on occasion (rarely though).

Here are some positives and negatives on both guns:

Toros:
_____+______
Fast fire rate
Good accuracy
Good range
Good Damage
Low recoil
Doesn't take much screen size
_____-______
Really loud
Bright flash after shot
Cannot be silenced
is a one hit kill inless on RA/BO users
Slow Reload
Low clip size
Has no gun reload glitch

WA2000:

_____+_____
Decent fire rate
Good accuracy
Good Range
Good Damage
Doesn't Take much screen size
good for quick scoping
Can be Silenced
Decent Clip Size
Decent Reload time
_____-_____
is a one hit kill inless on RA/BO users
No Reload glitch (I could be wrong, I'm level 46 as of right now)

Overall For Campers:
WA2000 has many pluses and a couple of minuses being sometimes not a One Hit Kill (OHK), Something they both have in common. But the WA2000 has more pluses overall then the Toros. The Toros doesnt have as many pluses but it has really nice pluses like the fire rate for example, but with the small clip size of 5 (6 with extended mag, USELESS) the toros burns out of ammo quickly and is balanced out, which just brings me to the negatives which are really bad negatives the slow reload is just a major turn off and there is no reload glitch (ever worst). Overall i think the WA2000 is best for campers (LOOK AT THE STATS COMPARED TO TOROS) but the toros is fine as long as you dont mind being detected, which may i add will make it hard to reload your toros.

Overall for Runner and Gunners:
Definitly by far, the WA2000. This is definity a running and gunning gun. for everything a runner a gunner needs the WA2000 is the best, Just look at the pluses. The Toros is by far one of the worst running a gunning guns because of its negatives are just the kind of negatives a runner and gunner does not want once so ever!

I Know i didn't answer your question but i am just trying to encourage you not to use one in the first place inless once again your on the levels Outpost,Jungle, or Memorial which are the levels that players camoflauge into the most.

I really hope i have helped because this is by far the best information i think you will get on both guns. but once again it all matters on your opinion and which style of sniping you like to do. good luck!

Hm well I guess that all depends.Because I run and gun with my toros + thermal and kick ass most of the time.I don't care if you know where I'm at on the map. I snipe and move, snipe and move. Can't stay in one spot for too long with a sniper rifle if you don't have a silencer. I love my thermal because I can still see those camping up in the towers at outpost, or still hit people in docks when they toss smoke grenades.I can shoot at you while you are up in a tower and miss only for you to duck down for a while, I'll move to another spot and see if you are still up there with the thermal. You finally poke your head back up thinking all is good cause you waited a while hoping no one knows your still there but it's too late, head shot. Lol

I lol at this. You can hardly suppress super sonic ammo anyway... Everyone thinks a "silencer" makes a neat little sphoot sound just like in the movies. How about distance, trajectory, wind, misfires, jams... Nope no matter where you are or how far away, your bullet goes exactly where the cross-hair is pointed.

Heres some real life for yah.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pMXKo8fySrg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hm well I guess that all depends.Because I run and gun with my toros + thermal and kick ass most of the time.I don't care if you know where I'm at on the map. I snipe and move, snipe and move. Can't stay in one spot for too long with a sniper rifle if you don't have a silencer. I love my thermal because I can still see those camping up in the towers at outpost, or still hit people in docks when they toss smoke grenades.I can shoot at you while you are up in a tower and miss only for you to duck down for a while, I'll move to another spot and see if you are still up there with the thermal. You finally poke your head back up thinking all is good cause you waited a while hoping no one knows your still there but it's too late, head shot. Lol

Well the thing is, silencers are just really good for getting long streaks. I understand what you mean when you like the thermal post, I only use a thermal scope for jungle (if on m16) and outpost. But I get waaay longer streaks running and gunning because when i run and gun I camp in one spot for 1 shot then immediately change my position even if i have a silencer. But the thing is even if you miss the shot the person doesn't freak and go, "Ahhhh, where the hell is that coming from!?" unless your smart and can here the bullet hit on the surface around you. On occasion I do use the laser because I like that accuracy especially for Talon (huge gun, I hate it's size but love the way it handles), WA2000, and Gambit (easy and fun to no scope). The thermal scope for some reason when I first used it, it hurt my eyes because I guess I wasn't "Use to it" but in this case for me, it wasn't just my eyes, it was the fact it zoomed in to far and I felt naked scanning, even if I did scan the area for like 2 seconds. But thermal scope is tremendous for camping though. But once again it all depends on how you feel comfortable.

Back