Thoughts about Subspace Emissary...

duke_fan13

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2008
I really don't see why people expect this to be an amazing single player experience. In my opinion, it is simply used for a tutorial to make sure players are more ready for online play, and aren't completely clueless (it explains unlocking characters...) 8/10 people are going to play some SE first, to unlock a character or two, then get bored and play online. If nintendo would have made SE into an amazing single player adventure, then I think that the multiplayer (what everybody REALLY wants from brawl) would have been less impressive because of the focus on SE. Either that, or this game would have been delayed for another couple of quarters. Am I the only one who doesn't expect SE to be all to wonderful?

it helps that only a few things are unlocked with SE lol, i thought the whole point of it was a story for a game to make money off of?

So your saying that you think SE won't be good because they spent all of their time on multiplayer? What, were they delaying the game month after month to build suspense? I expect, nay, I KNOW SE is going to be great.

Well, IGN's Not a Fan..

But i feel as if we should reserve judgement until Brawl is actually in our hands. I'm still looking forward to trying it out.. but if it's bad. Who cares? Play some multiplayer..

We're not hyped about the gameplay, and that's what people don't understand. We're actually more hyped about the actual story and cut-scenes, or at least, I am

Shoko said:
We're not hyped about the gameplay, and that's what people don't understand. We're actually more hyped about the actual story and cut-scenes, or at least, I am
your not alone im hyped for the story but ive seen most of the cut-scenes but idk

I have also seen most of the cutscenes, but it still interests me. Though the gameplay is starting to become more of a hype to me because of the online.

I cant wait to go through it, its going to be so awesome following a story this time :D

duke_fan13 said:
I really don't see why people expect this to be an amazing single player experience. In my opinion, it is simply used for a tutorial to make sure players are more ready for online play, and aren't completely clueless (it explains unlocking characters...) 8/10 people are going to play some SE first, to unlock a character or two, then get bored and play online. If nintendo would have made SE into an amazing single player adventure, then I think that the multiplayer (what everybody REALLY wants from brawl) would have been less impressive because of the focus on SE. Either that, or this game would have been delayed for another couple of quarters. Am I the only one who doesn't expect SE to be all to wonderful?

they put in sse because sakurai didnt wanna have this epic game with a crap story. duh! and i'm glad youre telling us all this, since you've played it and all..:yikes:

ok sorry, i was just trying to see what other people thought, but i'd like it if somebody would close this topic because all thats going on is people are calling me stupid.

I'm going to wait until I've played it before I decide if it's any good, but since Nintendo are rubbish when it comes to writing stories I'm not expecting anything fantastic from it.

Napalmbrain said:
I'm going to wait until I've played it before I decide if it's any good, but since Nintendo are rubbish when it comes to writing stories I'm not expecting anything fantastic from it.
lol agreed... prime example= paper mario LOL still a wicked game though

Back