Usernames

I learned in class that it was Dio-mee-dez (the "e" in dez is a short vowel)

He was a hero born from 1 greek god and 1 human in the Trojan war I believe...look it up on Wikipedia if u want.

I've got a lot of names. But Cwaazy P3nguin, SynchPedro86 and Grace Saunders are among my most popular names online.

I know u doofus (nothing personal) I was answering Steak Styles, on the previous pg.:)

U were talking about comandosmom, tis' y u put the quote in ur post.

ssbb_lover said:
I know u doofus (nothing personal) I was answering Steak Styles, on the previous pg.:)

U were talking about comandosmom, tis' y u put the quote in ur post.

It looks like you were answering me and....I didn't see anything about Steaks in your reply man.

ok, maybe i will explian the pronouciation of my username
(sorry i was not here, was far, far away from a computer:()

Diomedes can be pronounced in many, many different ways, it really depends on the origin you think about.

Diomedes originated from the greeks, in two stories, one mythical and one historic.

The mythical version is accosiated with the story of herculies (if any of you know about him), he must capture the man eating horses of King Diomedes. Unfortunatly herculies succedes and feeds diomedes to the horses.

The second story is which i base my username upon, diomedes was a solidier in the war against tory. He took part in the trogan horse seige. He was the commander of the fleet that carried the soldiers to war. Many of his allies and historians declare him as the perfect soldier, for he did not cmmit hubris (hence my avatar 'Hubris is the Enemy') and yet was an excellent soldier and commander. Without him the greeks would have never won, too bad he is not famous. This is why i chose him.

So the pronouciations take place as:

Di-o-meeds for the mythical story
and
Di-o-me-dez for the soldier of troy

my username is based on the soldier version so it is pronounced as Di-o-me-dez. You can think it as the other pronounciation of you like

Back