Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll play devil's advocate...

Let's see, benefits of smoking/nicotine:

1) Improves memory and concentration
2) Appetite suppressant
3) Treats symptoms of schizophrenia
4) Reduces risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease
5) Triggers release of endorphines (produces pleasurable sensation in the brain)
6) Helps pay for roads and schools

If you're going to defend the use of alcohol in a responsible manner, then I don't see how you can simply dismiss smoking, provided it is also done in a responsible manner.

This means no throwing butts out the window of your car, never smoking around children, not smoking in places where you're in close proximity to large groups of people, and being respectful enough to put it out if someone asks.

Personal freedom and personal responsibility are things I take very seriously. As such, I find it hard to understand why people are so willing to have laws thrust upon them that limit their freedom to do things that do not harm others.

Oh, that's right, it's because smoking is disgusting, and bad for you, and you can't understand why ANYONE would do it...hate to be cliche here, but it really is a slippery slope. If you support getting rid of cigarettes altogether, and it seems that will be the eventual outcome, what will be the next "evil" to be targeted?

Fatty foods perhaps? As an adult, if I want to eat some greasy KFC, I should be allowed to do so. What business is it of anyone's what I do, smoke, eat or consume as long as I don't harm anyone else in the process? None...that's the answer...no need for discussion...

I'm sure this sounds like a pro-smoking rant, which it was not intended to be...rather a pro freedom rant. And to risk sounding like a conspiracy theorist, the government has purposefully misinformed the public about the facts concerning marijuana for a long time.

Do a little research on compassionate IND...it's not some fringe theory proposed by paranoid guys in tinfoil hats, it's an actual government sanctioned program that used marijuana medicinally, to great positive effect, but was killed for political reasons. (Can't very well fight a war on drugs AND let people know that some drugs are good for them...)

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2005/02/18/irvRosenbergAndTheCompassi.html

And to threadjack just a little...does the war on drugs seem at odds, at all, with the ads you see on TV every day. You know, the ones where they give you the name of a drug, don't tell you what it's for, but suggest you ask your doctor if it's right for you...

Alcohol is just as much of a drug as marijuana and has FAR greater negative effects...one is illegal, the other is advertised on TV...

The_Loose_Cannon said:
of course the cop has to chime in BUT im going to give my opinion on reasons beyond being a law enforcement officer.

i personally think that pot is one of the lesser of the evil drugs. granted its called "a gateway drug" but ive said it to TONS of kids on this site that if i were to arrest 99.9% of the kids i see on a daily basis for pot in ALL OF NYC, id still be at work processing papers a year later. Smoking/pot are similar things. Pot isnt addicting. no one can be addicted to pot because there are no "addictives" in it. THC is a hallucanigen and nicotine is a addictive. 2 different things. the smoke from pot causes you to cough heavily to open up your capillaries. you dont inhail....just like a cigar. ciggerettes you inhail and the nicotine and tar builds up in your lungs and esaphagus. ive seen surgery and ive seen blackend lungs. Ive seen comparisons with a FDNY fire fighter and a smoker and you can see how different the lungs look.

sorry officer but i find pot VERY addicting....first time you try you dont really get addicted but once you become a daily pot smoker it is hard to stop..and you are supposed to inhale thats how you get the high....and as for weed being harmful...i dont think it is in all the years pot has been around no one has died from it...unlike cigarettes where ppl die everyday becuz of it

ilovemywii said:
sorry officer but i find pot VERY addicting....first time you try you dont really get addicted but once you become a daily pot smoker it is hard to stop..and you are supposed to inhale thats how you get the high....and as for weed being harmful...i dont think it is in all the years pot has been around no one has died from it...unlike cigarettes where ppl die everyday becuz of it

There's a difference between psychological and physical addiction...

Anything pleasurable has the potential to be psychologically addictive...most people want to keep doing things they enjoy...

That is different from a physical addiction where you'll suffer withdrawal symptoms if the substance is withheld...

Interestingly, alcohol and benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, etc.) seem to be the only drugs whose withdrawal can actually kill you...

This Bud's for you...

ilovemywii said:

there are no addictives in pot

nicotine is something you get addicted to. there is nothing in pot that can cause addiction. People smoke pot because its habitual but its EXTREAMLY easy to stop. there are no signes of withdrawels. you dont shake, you dont gain weight (you gain weight when you binge like eating a whole pie "the munchies") and you dont sweat at night like other things that cause addiction IE harder drug usage

unless someone is lacing your pot with LSD or something else along those lines, again, there is nothing addictive in pot

ETA- i cant believe i wrote "LCD" instead of LSD at first wow! lmfao

The_Loose_Cannon said:
unless someone is lacing your pot with LCD or something else along those lines, again, there is nothing addictive in pot

I hate when people put LCD screens in my drugs :lol:

hiredgoonz said:
I hate when people put LCD screens in my drugs :lol:

i feel like such a dumbass that i did that! hahaha yeah damn texas instruments!!! damn them to hell!!! :lol:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i feel like such a dumbass that i did that! hahaha yeah damn texas instruments!!! damn them to hell!!! :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much about how people on the internet view you :lol:

What kind of gun is that in your avatar?

Prefer the Glock 23 myself...what I trained with and surprisingly accurate...

hiredgoonz said:
I wouldn't worry too much about how people on the internet view you :lol:

What kind of gun is that in your avatar?

Prefer the Glock 23 myself...what I trained with and surprisingly accurate...

its my off duty smith and wesson 1911

my carry weapon is a glock 19 i cant stand it but we have a choice between a smith and wesson, a sig, or a glock. my BF said to take the glock as my duty weapon as he was/is my firearms instructor

naaa no laced drugs for me hahah....i just find it very addicting ive been doing it for 2 1/2 years already....

The_Loose_Cannon said:
its my off duty smith and wesson 1911

my carry weapon is a glock 19 i cant stand it but we have a choice between a smith and wesson, a sig, or a glock. my BF said to take the glock as my duty weapon as he was/is my firearms instructor

I guess everybody is different...Glocks are my favorite...simple, reliable, and accurate...

After using the 23 for years, it's like an extension of my hand...

i dont smoke, drink or do drugs. i want a healthy life. besides i dont want those thing to interfere with my martial arts training. my sensei will kill me if he finds out.:lol:

Alcohol - Drink it whenever you want lol. Getting Wasted is well fun :)

Smoking - Not really the best thing to start doing. Try to avoid at all costs

Drugs - Hard drugs can **** off weed isn't that bad as long as it isn't done infront of me. I hate the smell but it is what makes a party lol, Everyone smoking weed outside in the rain. Me inside nice, warm and possibly drunk :)

Byuakuya said:
i dont smoke, drink or do drugs. i want a healthy life. besides i dont want those thing to interfere with my martial arts training. my sensei will kill me if he finds out.:lol:

Hasnt met my Sifu hes a blokey bloke
He drinks

The_Loose_Cannon said:
my god! word of advice, every neighborhood has this ONE house/neighbor that is wacked out of his/her mind! we had a nieghbor growing up who HATED kids on his driveway riding their bikes to uturn! my mom growing up would let me ride my bike up and down the block a few times ( i was too younge to really venture off) and if i turned around on his driveway hed come over and flip out with a broom! the guy was psycho! no one ever talked to him either! he said he too would call the cops if anyone did it again....meanwhile im like 7 and all i did was CIRCLE around on his driveway! freak man.....

anyways thats just that this whole thing reminded me of when people get out of hand. ding dong ditch brings back ALOT of memories for me lol. i did it too i think we all did at some point of our lives. but if you know that you have a troubled neighbor its best not to F around with them. your friends were wrong. however they are just wasting a 911 call and wasting our time......in the time it takes us to chase down punk kids who have already gone home and did their thing someone needs assistance that we can actually help out with.

i hate when people waste our time like that its one of my BIGGEST aggrivating moments of the day

if the cops dont see you do something deny it. let them think your neighbor is nuts. deny deny deny. nothing we can do except fill out a report and "watch them" if she puts up security cameras and tapes you do it theres nothing we can do about it either. its not permissable in court since you did not agree to being filmed or recorded for that matter

i wouldnt worry about it. 9 out of 10 times if a wacked out person makes a 911 call and acts wacked out when we get there, we dont take it seriously.....

I had the exact same problem. There is a neighbor that lives next to us who calls the cops on us at least 4 times a week. Well at least used to. They would call the cops for my brother smoking a cigarette out front in our own yard. He would stand on the steps up to our house and smoke a cigarette and next thing we knew the cops were at our house. They would call the cops for us kicking back in the spa just laughing and having a good time. All it would have taken is for them to call us or come over and ask us to keep it down or something, not bother the police officers who have better things to do than to come over and say we are laughing too hard in the spa. This went on for months and months until finaly they went too far.

On 9/11/2001 the day we got attacked, my dad was so distraught that he couldn't even go to work. That day, several hours after the attack my brother goes into our front yard with a beer and next thing we know the cops are back at our house again. This time my dad flips the f%$# out and when the cops leave he charges over to their house, knocks on the door and calls out the husband to challenge him in a fight right out in the open on the street. He gets the guy to come all the way out onto the street where my dad is spitting curse words and about ready to pound this guy with the entire nighborhood watching. Of course she called the cops once again who had practically been waiting around the corner knowing my dad was going to do something because they have been to our house dozens of times already due to her. They race back going like 50 on our street on bikes with sires going and all. The one cop jumps off his bike and pulls out his baton and breaks up the two men and makes my dad sit on the curb. He appologized to the cops and told them his mind wasnt in the right place due to the attack and the cops finally went over to the neighbors house and told them never to call them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back