LemonManX said:
Chain-throwing will help you
LemonManX said:
Marth's tippers are important
FRuMMaGe said:
You need some more SHFFLC's
LemonManX said:
Double Short Hopping Fairs

I obviously need to do some studying. I know I'm good at melee but I have no idea what any of this means. I simply played the game. I never got online to learn techniques and everything.

LiquidD said:
no it's not. there's nothing clever about it. it's just cheap. if you look at other people who play in tournaments on youtube, you'll see that most of the times when their opponents go out of the stage, they back up some to let them back up because they know that hogging the edge is a cheap kill.

Ok, being a huge victim of edge-hogging I can personally say that it's not cheap. I only play with one person in Melee and he uses Marth. That's pretty much his main way to get a KO on me. I can understand. Marth has a killer Smash A. I have respect for it. though.

I really hope most people don't play like this online...

I'm gonna have to make one of my taunts "Stop glitching asswipe!"

Last edited:
I kinda know how to wavedash but i never use it, I prefer to play without using most of the glitches. I don't have any problem at all with other people using them.
I liked your style Zori, but you need to have a video against a human player, otherwise I find it kinda hard to give advice.

Chewy said:
I really hope most people don't play like this online...

I'm gonna have to make one of my taunts "Stop glitching asswipe!"

And our taunt back can be "Grow up."

Wow one here is actually pretty good:lol: Plus keep noted that during tourneys always think ahead and counter your enemies counter.:lol:
Try playing lightening melee more than regular melee, its a good training benefit, i do it a week before tourneys.

PS sign up for Mingus' tourney. Its in the brawl sticky.

Wow. So many comments...that I didn't expect lol. I used to consider tactics like edgehogging cheap to, but then I realized if the others are doing it I have to do it to own.

@zapasant yea I just wanted to demonstrate my shffling skills I normally wouldnt repeat myself so much. Thanks though.

@GigaRidley thanks for the comment man. Like I said I wanna get a good vid up, but none of my friends would be a good opponent to demonstrate my skills on. They're mostly C-stick spammers and such.

@Chewy Wavedash is gone from Brawl so you don't have to worry :p

@laderer Thanks buddy, I'm a member of Mingus' smash tourney forums. Not sure yet if I am actually going to participate or not. All depends on time/date/what I have to do.

@Mingus Hey watsup man. I wouldn't worry to much about a lot of these tactics for now. Wavedash is out of brawl and as far as I know L-cancel has been fixed for the shffl. I'd say if you don't already practice mastering your short hop since I heard that'll still be vital in Brawl. See you on tourney day(maybe?)

Zori said:
Well I am going to a small tourney (prize adds up to about 400$) and I wanted some constructive criticism on my Marth.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VVNddPDlaNw
Nerves kinda got to me and I messed up not using F-air as much as I usually do, but this is me. How do you guys think I'll do?
pretty impressive use of wave dashes. spacing could be a little better in the last two stocks on your f smashes i think. if you had tippered him it would have killed him. but if you want some REALLY good stuff with marth go to youtube and search MLG melee ken. he's insane...matches should come up between him and pc chris

Back