What religion are you?

theyre a lot mroe than just non-trinitarion, theyre also non-christocentric. they require works to get into heaven, some sects believe in praying for someone into heaven, even if they weren't a 'christian'.

the whole love the sinner/hate the sin, is a sugar-coated, non-confrontational apathetic way of dealing with sin.

I go to Catholic school, and there was a statistic in my religion book that says, "40% of people from the ages of 15 to 29 stop attending Mass and expressing their faith. 70% of those people return to Church after this time frame." (something along those lines) Assuming that's right, why not consider the fact that many of us just have not found our faith in God yet? Or something that causes that faith to begin?
Btw, Hell isn't real. A time before the Renaissance, when Christianity was at its climax, church leaders threw hell into the bible as means of scaring people into their faith. I mean, if the die hard Christians wanna believe in it, okay by me. (Someone mentioned hell earlier. I just wanted to throw that in there though)

They're "non-trinitarian" Christians, if I remember correctly.

Can't speak for Mormon's, but it's correct that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in the trinity.

theyre a lot mroe than just non-trinitarion, theyre also non-christocentric.

Not sure I would agree with that assessment. For Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus is king, redeemer, ransomer, head of the congregation, teacher, exemplar, and of course savior.

they require works to get into heaven,

That's not strictly the case either. As someone brought up earlier, the Bible says that faith without works is dead. But works are just an outward manifestation of what faith drives you to do. Many people claim to believe in God but live their life in a way totally contrary to what God would want. But if you life truly revolves around your faith, then a natural by-product is works, which can take many many forms. There's not some sort of check-list of things to do, or quotas to fill, or anything like that.

As far as heaven goes, the vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses have no desire or expectation of going to heaven. Instead the desire is for everlasting life on a paradise earth - the way earth was meant to be before sin entered into it - a worldwide garden of eden, so to speak.

Maybe if going by a secular defintion of Christianity, then perhaps.

From a religious one, which is the one we'd be using to decide who God hates, they wouldn't be.

I had it explained to me this way. Upon reflection, it's really not that useful, but who knows.

There's a bucket, it has rocks, pebbles, and sand in it to fill it up. The bucket is your religion. The rocks are the meat of it, that's like calling yourself Christian or Muslim or Atheist. The pebbles are still important, but not as much. This is like denomination in a church. Not enough to look different to outsiders, but enough to form factions. Then the little particles are individual churches. Taste in music and how long the sermon should be and stuff like that.

This speaks to me because it's really kinda true.

Indeed. The core belief in Christianity (God and Jesus are equals and the same) are rejected by Jehovahs Witnesses who believe Jesus is inferior. In that respect, it's more closer to Islam than Christianity.

Except that Islam views Jesus as just a prophet, while JW's view Jesus as the only-begotten son of God, the first-born of all creation, and the only possible redemption from sin.

And Jesus explicitly stated that God was superior and that he was not equal:

John 14:28 "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

And they don't have equal knowledge:

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Jesus follows God's direction:

John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me."

John 5:19 "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

Jesus taught his father's ideas, not his own:

John 7:16 "Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me."

Except that Islam views Jesus as just a prophet, while JW's view Jesus as the only-begotten son of God, the first-born of all creation, and the only possible redemption from sin.

And Jesus explicitly stated that God was superior and that he was not equal:

John 14:28 "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

And they don't have equal knowledge:

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Jesus follows God's direction:

John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me."

John 5:19 "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

Jesus taught his father's ideas, not his own:

John 7:16 "Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me."

Jesus also seems to contradict himself quite a few times:

9-Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

30 I and the Father are one."

Back