When is enough..enough?

Don't forget Big N pushes out new series as well. It might not be as -big- as the veteran series, but it's refreshing ie. in the GC era there was Pikmin and Animal Crossing.

I don't think there will be ever a "enough" as the games that gets revived are great games. If people buy, they will make. FF is up to its XIII installation because people just love them. Not many will want SE to drop FF already! Though true each game is pretty much unique they are all based upon a RPG system with good FMVs. Like SE, Big N pleases fans of its series, if they drop it, it sorta feels like your favorite band decides to quit making music : /

the newest sonic game is brawl of course :cool:

its like reliving the sega years. but no i havnt played any of his other games besides the 1st one which i thought was better than mario sometimes.
after it became sort of like a megaman game with his sidekick.

I think the remaking, or reusing characters for newer games is good, but characters and games DO eventually die, sadly. That is why Nintendo needs to make a new line or two that does the same thing as Mario and Link, in being really successful, before they lose reputation. Which is bad.

Any Ideas???:yesnod:

And I think Sega sucks, BTW.
Saaaaagaaaaa....

castlezelda said:
i heard when konami first made castlevania for nes they took a chance, but hey the belmont clan became very popular, also heard the legend of zelda for nes nintendo took a chance to combine a Adventure gamme with a RPG game but that made the best hyrulen hero: Link. Did nintendo ever say what Link & Princess Zelda last names are? or Gannon's?..i'm just curious.

or what name is Zant, sounds like some idoit or some hanz solo wannabe.

Only Ganondorf (Dragmire) has a solid history, Ganondorf was the only child born in a century in Gerudo Desert and he soon became the leader of a group of thieves. Hence the nickname: The King of Thieves. Ganondorf then meets with the king of Hyrule only to get closer to the secret of the Triforce of Power. He then finds out Zelda knows something and so he chasing her. There is more but it is easier to find it out then what I told u

Bliss said:
Heres my lil question i been thinking. Ok Nintendo continues to make "remakes" of throw backs. Super Mario World = SMG, Legend of Zelda = Zelda Twilight Princess, Smash Bros. = SSBB. How long do you think Nintendo can keep up with this, before we the gamer finally say "ok enough with Mario or whatever it maybe? We need something new!" Now i am DEFINATELY not sayin i feel like this now, but honestly i think this was a great group of games they put out for the Wii, and is gonna be tough to top. So why not quit while there ahead and come up with new ideas. AGAIN i'll say I DONT FEEL LIKE THIS NOW! (before all the hate comments come) Im just wondering.

Whats your take on this?

If you want nintendo to bring out new games then you should buy them. Donkey kong 2d adventure with the bongs did terrible, Luigi's mansion didn't do so well either. Did you buy battalion wars, excite truck? Nintendo makes games for these mascots because they are trying to push systems. It would be like a NBA or NFL team making a new mascot every year or every game.
That would be marketing suicide. Also too these games keep getting made because they work.These game are they type that people want to keep playing. I have many 2d games on this list and mario is one of them. Just look at the sales of new super mario brothers.

As a hardware manufacture they will always try and get as many people to play as possible. This is actually why the industry is growing. This is also good for gaming. Why should nintendo make some new IP's, wait every sequel is like a new IP. You still have fans wanted a sequel to mario 3 and some one a sequel to mario world yet the new comers want a sequel to mario 64 and then when you look at mario galaxy it is almost totally different and mario like at the same time. No other company does this and so consistently with in their range of games.

If you really want different games then you better speak with your money. Tons of different games on the VC, are you buying them? Oh wait they are old but so is the idea of money but it's still used? Please man fun is fun and games are games. You may see nintendo characters in these games but really if you look at the game under neath it's some times drastically different. You have to realize they have been doing this since the game and watch. Boot up your copy of smash brother and go to the history page. Look at all of the DIFERrent games they had that you did not even know about. Then realize they have to support the system and can not experiment as much as others.

If you are asking for more hardcore games then you will get them but only when nintendo thinks these games are ready because the so call hardcore are retarded-ly hard on these guys. Then again when was the last time hardcore players step up to a system because of new games? The dreamcast died even though it was the first to have soul cal and other sweet games. The hardcore gamers these days are really just an influx of PC gamers that only play a certain type of game just like those casual gamers that only play bejeweled but they play it all the time! I think nintendo realizes this. I do and i'm a life time gamer of many platforms. A better word would be the tech-core for these new kind of hardcore gamers.

Plus too nintendo is best at doing what they do best make games from their top creative idea men. I really can not see the big M wanting to make a halo or quake it's just not him. He doesn't care about cool yet knows what fun is and cool is so subjective these days.

Nintendo will alway try new thing and the Wii is exactly what nintendo is in a nut shell. they take old or normal thing and make them fun again. They could have call mario galaxy "astral's galaxy" and changed all the mario refs to new characters, they could have taken zelda and called it the lone wolf or some thing and both of these games would have been great yet they would have sold like other great games that where not sequels like zaki and wiki etc.

The thing that bothers me is you are a gamer and yes you may get tired of sequels but why complain when their are new types of games out there? Then on top of that the game that nintendo's is making sequels that are not even like the original game? These guys are re inventors. Thats what industrial design majors do! You seem to be complaining about some thing hidden here. Are you merely baiting others to join you in complaining? This would be call flame beat on other forums.

Dorkfish said:
God, what is with this guy and cucumbers? I swear thats all he talks about, cucumbers this and cucumbers that! I don't get what his deal is!

No, the formula works and adding another variable will mess everything and we will all have to go back to math class to figure it out and you know nobody wants that. (F*CK YOU ALGEBRA II)

wat the hell are you talking about?

Bliss said:
Heres my lil question i been thinking. Ok Nintendo continues to make "remakes" of throw backs. Super Mario World = SMG, Legend of Zelda = Zelda Twilight Princess, Smash Bros. = SSBB. How long do you think Nintendo can keep up with this, before we the gamer finally say "ok enough with Mario or whatever it maybe? We need something new!" Now i am DEFINATELY not sayin i feel like this now, but honestly i think this was a great group of games they put out for the Wii, and is gonna be tough to top. So why not quit while there ahead and come up with new ideas. AGAIN i'll say I DONT FEEL LIKE THIS NOW! (before all the hate comments come) Im just wondering.

Whats your take on this?

As long as the updates for these characters are great I don't really see a problem. SMG is a fantastic game and the Zelda games get better with every installment (WW was truely on par with OoT despite what graphic haters thought). Remember that Metroid missed a generation of console games and came back with Metroid Prime. Also releasing new titles and franchises is still good, Pikmin anybody.

I must admit that there was a time towards the end of the SNES era that I was getting sick of seeing Mario in dozens of games (Mario is Missing was a big mistake, Mario Paint, Mario Picaross etc etc etc.), Link on the other hand hasn't been over used in my opinion so I welcome every game with him in. Donkey Kong got repetitive when he was with Rare but now he is back with Nintendo we have some decent games eg Donkey Konga and Jungle Blast. It's a shame that other first party games get overshadowed though.

Bliss said:

Whats your take on this?

There is a cult like following of the Mario platform. There very well could be a backlash by die hards if they discontinued making new mario (and friends) games. Much like the star trek people, the origional series hasn't been around since the 70's but people still talk about it like a new one aired last night.

well people will still buy them so i doubt it will stop anytime soon..not everyone had a GC before they got a wii

FRuMMaGe said:
Have you played any Sonic Games recently?

I honestly can't remember one that was either fun or had good reviews in the last 5 years.
They didn't get stellar reviews, but I actually enjoyed Sonic Rush and Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Getting back to the topic, I agree with Bliss for the most part. I do think Nintendo should make some new IPs. But I also believe they you should stick to the classics for the most part, because they're classics. I just think they need to try and make some new new, innovative IPs, so they don't over do the classics.

Getting off topic again, I love your sig Bliss.

Nintendo is trying to get new games out there... (Pikmin is the only game that comes to mind lol)

There is a nice list of newer titles that have been released by Nintendo. Besides the long time classics , Donkey Kong,Mario,Kirby,Zelda,Metroid

Here is the current list. They are published by Nintendo and are eaither out or have been announced to come out. I might have missed a few but still you get the idea.

The "new commers" to the group just for the Wii.

Endless Ocean
Battalion Wars 2
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Excite Truck
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Pokémon Battle Revolution
Super Swing Golf
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Chess
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play " selling well because it's bundled"
Wii Sports "selling well because it's bundled"

Thats just so far! There was over 20 "new commers" on the GC and that was the least supported console by Nintendo in terms of 1st/2nd party games.

It's Not that Nintendo doesn't come up with new idea's. It's just that the old ones are still so good when they are re-done and re-invented that it blows away any new commer not even really giving them or anyone else "3rd party" a chance to beat them.

Why mess with success? They are the Best overall selling publisher in the market, so they have to be doing something right! They have already sold well over a BILLION games total under the Nintendo name plate.
No one else in the world can even claim a 1/4 of the total sales that Nintendo has done, even the ones as old or older than Nintendo. And this is just on there own consoles/handhelds not multi platform games its astounding!

They are the McDonalds of the Gaming industry. You might not like the Resturant or maybe specifically the Big Mac, but it's still the best selling hamburger and most profitable Resturant Chain in the world, and I doubt it's gonna change anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back