Where are you planing on buying ur WII?

timmuronfire85 said:
I preordered mine through FYE but they are not being all that cool to me. I have called and asked at the times they have told me to, so I can find out how many consoles the store is getting and not all the sudden they wont know until they are there. I am #4 on the list and I am all paid off so hopefully they will get 4 consoles but I am worried because my area is so small that I know allocations around here are in short supply!:incazzato:
I also Pre-Ordered from FYE and I was 6th on their list. Then yesterday they call me and tell me I wasn't in the first wave of consoles because they only got 8 in. So I call them and said I was sixth in line, wtf? They told me they misscounted and I was really 10th in line. I was so friggin pissed I went off on them. I mean seriously, there is some shady crap going on over there. I imagine a few of the employee's wanted a console so I got screwed in the process. I've written FYE's corporate email which I doubt will do a damn bit of good but who knows. In the mean time though I am going to camp out at my local Sam's Club on Saturday evening and get my Wii @ 10am Sunday. The store I'm going to is getting 5 consoles (according to my dad who works there). Once I have my console from Sam's Club I'm heading straight to FYE to get my money back and probably to make a big scene in their store ;)

I'll be at a local Wal-Mart with my cousin and his friends. We're gunna camp together and one of his friends is an employee there so 10% wal-mart discount :D

Muahahaa... cheap gaming FTW

Local Target. Hopefully I will get there early enough. If not, I will move on and tap some connects.

I pre-orderd mine from Gamestation in leeds, they said they were getting 150 wii consoles in. Now this might not be possible and i might miss out, im off to the midnight launch there, in the hope that there will be enough if not im seriously going to cry, its my birthday in a week and im not excited at all it has been absolutly overshadowed by the wii and if i dont get one on release i will kill the supplier to gamestation :)

Playtime (Unheard of game stores ftw!). Very reliable, me and a friend pre-ordered our DS lites there and were allowed to get them 2 hours earlier than they should have been released. Game Store chains can be good as long as they're not huge (Like Gamestation rather than Game).

im getting mine at meijer,
for those of you in states with no meijer, its like a walmart only not as gross...
anyway they have a pretty good deal
buy a Wii and an extra remote and get a nunchuck for free
i plan on doing that plus two games.

On a related note, i went to meijer last night to help my buddy get a seat in line since they werent allowing it till 24 hours in advance... there were 50 people there just loitering inside the store waiting for midnight to hit. Some girl got trampled.... felt bad for her. They ended up doing a gay raffle and the people who were there the longest got fuked and didnt get a spot. Anyway i plan on getting there 24 hours in advance for wii too just to make sure i get my free nunchuck ;)

I preordered mine from Game (UK) in person not online and went in today to ask how they worked their preorders e.g. first come first serve but before the general populace (I've heard stranger) and the guy told me they'd taken 150 preorders and were getting 150 consoles. Everyones a winner ;) and by everyone I mean me.

Last edited:
Back