Which character are you best with?

I just started using Zelda and I had no clue how good she can be XD. I just started doing this weird playing style with her that confuses people like crazy. I never considered using her as a main before... but she looks like she might be worth it. I'll have to see, but Zelda might become a main :p.

Zelda is great. a good close-range fighter, a good long-range fighter, great recovery, varied moves, Shiek. Zelda is very difficult to master(besides Din's Fire) but she's well worth the practice. her aerials are godly, if you hit them right to get the lightning effect

I've almost gotten the aerials down pat XD. I just need to face a lot more good players (so I can get used to landing with it while playing fast), but that shouldn't take long. There is also one move that people take for granted that helps me out a ton :p. Oh ya... never use Lucas against Zelda. If you get off the stage you can be easily pounded by fireballs and not be able to recover (even if your skilled enough to dodge it doesn't mean the Zelda player isn't skilled enough to compensate for your dodging).

Zelda is the bane of Ness and Lucas. if they go over the edge, its practically impossible for them to come back. pending the Zelda player is good

Zelda is great. a good close-range fighter, a good long-range fighter, great recovery, varied moves, Shiek. Zelda is very difficult to master(besides Din's Fire) but she's well worth the practice. her aerials are godly, if you hit them right to get the lightning effect

Well, her close range isn't actually that good; it's good, but not perfect. Her D-smash is her only very high priority move, and due to it's cool down (a quick sidestep dodge can lead to a grab), it's counterable. As long as she isn't facing priority or range freaks (unless it's DK, who has no projectile), her multiple talents can certainly be taken advantage of by her player.

I also disagree with the great recovery. It's a wonderful move, but it's just that it's risky; unless you've practiced day and night, you'll probably fail at using it on occasion. It's also easy to predict and edge guard; only a master Zelda player can use her Up B to it's fullest potential. When it is used right though, it is a great move.

I know I shouldn't be saying this as well, considering I only subbed her. >.> Just an opinion on what I've seen and heard, ofcourse.

Well, her close range isn't actually that good; it's good, but not perfect. Her D-smash is her only very high priority move, and due to it's cool down (a quick sidestep dodge can lead to a grab), it's counterable. As long as she isn't facing priority or range freaks (unless it's DK, who has no projectile), her multiple talents can certainly be taken advantage of by her player.

I also disagree with the great recovery. It's a wonderful move, but it's just that it's risky; unless you've practiced day and night, you'll probably fail at using it on occasion. It's also easy to predict and edge guard; only a master Zelda player can use her Up B to it's fullest potential. When it is used right though, it is a great move.

I know I shouldn't be saying this as well, considering I only subbed her. >.> Just an opinion on what I've seen and heard, ofcourse.

That's how I use my Zelda XD. At first it kept resulting in suicides, but it wasn't hard to get the hang of it. I just need to face good people to get the kinks out of it. There's a lot I need to work on, but I think I can have a pretty nice Zelda... she just seems to work for me.

the only problem i've had with her ↑B is if i use it to grab a ledge, she tends to appear and somehow get spiked by the ledge. but i fixed that problem by aiming up a bit higher.

and her F-tilt and basic A are great close range moves with decent speed, power, and priority. D-smash is her best close range move but its not the only good one. however, relying on 3 moves can make her predictable which is when you add in her throws or U-smash to get the enemy away for a moment.

Zelda has more close range options than you think, but if all else fails you can always rely on Shiek for close combat

Zelda's grabs are suprisingly slow, unless a pivot grab would aid her, her grabs aren't very useful, really. They're low power too; their only use it getting the enemy in the air IMO, mainly with U-throw and then juggling them.

F-tilt is good, but it's situational since it loses out on good priority; it certainly has it's uses, though.

... Since Zelda uses very powerful magic, shouldn't she have epic grabs, like Lucario? Makes no sense. =/ Her grabs need to be either faster or more powerful.

SSBfreakCK said:
... Since Zelda uses very powerful magic, shouldn't she have epic grabs, like Lucario? Makes no sense. =/ Her grabs need to be either faster or more powerful.
if they were then she'd be way higher on the teir list.

Well, I wouldn't say a lot higher, but she would probably go up a few placements; or atleast get a higher rating.

What they should have done is make her fireball implode instead of explode :p. Anyone hit by it gets sucked in and automatically dies XD. I'm pretty sure that would make her top on the tier lists though.

Zelda is a beast on her own, coupled with Sheik makes her twice as beastly. She is a great character to use, the player using her should be very skilled though. The ability to completely change her playing style by becoming Sheik is a great all around ability. Speed, Power, Range, Close Comabt, Zelda/Sheik fills them all. Zelda should be higher tier.

Back