Who is going to buy SSBB and why?

well to really think of it, im buying it because this is one of those games that has a budget SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO high that it will give you a heart attack to looks at it. basically the amount of effort put into this game should pay of. with online it will be fun. now the next question is, how will i get it?

Last edited:
It is going to be one of the best games for the Wii and also I been a nintendo fan all my life so I love when all the best nintendo charaters colide to make the best game ever. It even got a perfect score without the game coming out yet. Plus I love Peach so I want to show off my skills lol.:lol:

Shoko said:
Why? That's a strange question. I am and because:

1) Brawl will simply be awesome
2) New characters
3) Stage Builder
4) My Music
5) Coin Shooter
6) Co-op Multi-man Brawl
7) Subspace Emissary
8) Brawl replays
9) Co-op Target Smash
10) The new items
11) The new stages
12) Online Play
13) Co-op Event matches
14) 4 Controller types
15) Customizable button configuration
16) Zero-Suit Samus (If ya know what I mean)
17) Final Smashes

Is that enough reasons for ya?

{copy/paste}

>_>

Because I love the franchise and this will be one of the greatest games in history.

Because I bought a wii specifically for smash bros. I've been a huge fan since it came out for 64 so naturally when I found that wii was gonna have a sequel the system was sold. It would be mighty sad if I didnt buy it after purchasing a system just to play it.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHY!!!

The game first of all is going to be awesome based on the demo

A plethora of characters

A plethora of Stages

A Smash Bros. Game

Oh and since I didn't tell you I pre ordered it 10 months ago. It was only a month or two before the original release. Man they have almost held it back 3 fourths of year! WHY WHY! Although I guess that it is for the best I'd prefer to wait 8 extra months then get Mario Party 8 redone for Smash Bros.

I have just watched the 6 minutes of video of this title that was on IGN today and I have to say I am still not getting the point of this game. I do not see what is going to be fun about it at all. ( I am being serious here and not spamming or trying to anger or start a riot here) It simply appears to be mortal kombat meets nintendo characters all fighting in this blur of action and no one is winning or losing from what I can tell. Granted this video is in Japanese but the visuals are what I was going on.

I think I will not be getting this as I usually play alone Except for "Wii sports" and the online will just be me getting beaten everytime just like in MOHH2 where I have 1 win and 343 losses. People are pros at this before it even is released. Maybe worth a gamefly rental just to try out what the fuss is about so maybe I'll understand the point of it. Sorry to those who don't understand. Maybe I should have gotten a PS3 instead.

perhaps you should broaden your horizons a bit?

The game is not so much a fighting game as it is more of a competitive platformer. in a sense at least.

The reason I say that is, in a traditional fighting game you have health bars that deplete as you take damage and try and defeat your opponents before the round ends.
Smash Bros. is similar to that formula only instead of a real fiht, you;r goal is to "launch" the opponent out of the arena, by way of items or smash attacks.

In order to KO them you need to inflict damage which is represented by a %. as you hit them the % increases. the higher the % the further they will fly when hit.

No matter the % they still will not due if the land on solid ground...thus this is more of a competitive platformer than your traditional fighting game.

I'm buying it because the online is gonna be intense I've heard and when someone gets d/c a computer is playing instead of the game freezing like dbzbt3 plus the smash balls are amazing and this game is just amazing!!!!!

well, i think its multiplayer is superfun! i like it better than streetfighter.
my fav nintendo characters are in it but ready to brawl.
online ensures endless matches with new people.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
In order to KO them you need to inflict damage which is represented by a %. as you hit them the % increases. the higher the % the further they will fly when hit.
No matter the % they still will not due if the land on solid ground...thus this is more of a competitive platformer than your traditional fighting game.

On the video it appears that characters were being knocked off the platform and then flying back to the platform to continue fighting. it just seemed too chaotic to keep up with. We'll see after it is reviewed by IGN.

BTW Thanks for the explanation.

Back