Who Will Win? And Why?

blogman54 said:
Who cares about if the graphics are the best? Its all about if its playable I still like to play NES games because they were fun I didn't care about graphics Most people have a DVD player in their house so who needs their Wii to play a DVD and also who is gonna win the war between HD DVD and BLU RAY only time will tell

So you think the NES is going to win the war? Pointless post!!

In the long term, if the Wii can find third party support (i.e. fewer ports and more exclusives) and gets decent online:
1. Wii
2. PS3
3. 360

... if not, it will go the way of the Gamecube:
1. PS3
2. 360
3. Wii

1.)PS3
2.)360
3.)Wii

Ps3 might look like its dead right now, but im sure its going to pick up, sony wont go down with a good fight, and sony will get out of this hole. 360 is just awesome, awesome games, and awesome online support, I have a wii, but I buy games for my other systems usually going with if they are online or not, Im sorry im not a singleplayer kinda guy, too boring and lonely, now ripping it online with my buddies is the most fun. Thats why I think the wii is going to ultimately flop, because i am sure nintendo is going to halfass wii online like ds online, and in the end get a super laggy and crappy online experience, sure not taking crap from random people might be a plus, but i just get to frustarated with snakers and those who morphball entire game and I wish i could cuz them out, instead of taking out the anger on my poor kids, haha jk i dont have kids, but still its the suxors not being able to speak, its makes me Sad :(
Why did all those people in america die? so we couldnt enjoy freedom of speech?

Last edited:
Lethal said:
Ummm.....Ok? Is your TV 1080i or up?

yes.

seriously hd-dvd isn't really tickling many people's fancy right now. Xbox 360 needs and add-on to play hd-dvd, nintendo could make an add-on in the future too. so really the only system that would be "next-gen" in your logic is the ps3.
I think the wii is next gen, and if sales and innovation mean anything, the Wii will surely win. Nintendos games + increased third party support + good online play will definitely wrap up this win for nintendo. It's too early to tell, though.

Lethal said:
Ummm.....Ok? Is your TV 1080i or up? Is your DVD player HD-DVD or better? No? Then your comment is pointless.

And where does it say Wii fanboy site? There is more than Wii talk here.... I own a Wii. I like the Wii. But I am smart enough to realize that there is no way it will win the war.

Oh yes, that's another thing I find annoying. The arrogance and treatment of opinion as fact. Only smart people think the Wii is crap? Sorry but I'm a smart dude and I think the Wii has a good chance of doing very well. If you had been disappointed by Nintendo the past 2 consoles, did you really think the Wii was going to be any better? It sounds like you just don't like Nintendo (which is fine).

{So you think the NES is going to win the war? Pointless post!!}
Actually that was pointless. WTH? All that guy said was that he still enjoyed NES games. It's like you're desperately grabbing for straws.

And again, I think a little too much emphasis is being put on online.

RedProdigy said:
If you had been disappointed by Nintendo the past 2 consoles, did you really think the Wii was going to be any better?

A smart person would have seen that the 2nd console is the Wii......

there is no way sony will win unless they somehow pull atleast a 400 dollar price or lower outta there butt... and to do that they would need to ditch blue ray..

1st will be up to wii or 360.. wii is getting into homes that havent had a gaming system in 10 years.. simple as that its taking a new market share.. and it intrest long time gamers because of the gameplay... graphics are only going to play in the world of ps3 and 360.. wont effect the wii its a different system...

360 is going to get all of its numbers because of better online play and cheeper system.. for hardcore gamers the games and money is at 360 now... they will start the switch over from sony...

unless the formentioned miracle of pulling something out of there butt as i first said... sony has killed itself time and time again with new formats of media... hooking it to the PS3 was the dumbest thing they could have done... it should have been an add on or premium system... not the only setup.. minidisk what? history repeats itself.. and by the time there is a winner between blueray and hddvd they will both be obsolete anyways... more copys of the matrix have been sold on dvd then all of the blue ray and hddvd disk sold to date so far.. its not a new trend going slowly..its old tech with a new name, wrong format wrong price and wrong time 10 years ago would have been nice.. not now

OneManArmy said:
once you think of it, the ps3 is a cheap blue-ray player, and once people start realizing that, itll sell more
yah i would buy the 360 hddvd but
i wanna see who wins
but if hddvd wins, a lot of people might not want to get the ps3 for the blu-ray...
all though blu ray is basically the ultimate gaming format

Lethal said:
A smart person would have seen that the 2nd console is the Wii......

I must not be smart then. How can I be so stupid! Me, the top of my class, the kid planning to go to medical school! Oh, wait, I'm not stupid. I will have the PCWii!

Sovieto said:
yah i would buy the 360 hddvd but
i wanna see who wins
but if hddvd wins, a lot of people might not want to get the ps3 for the blu-ray...
all though blu ray is basically the ultimate gaming format

I am gonna place bets on Blu Ray just because I see more movie comericals "out on DVD and Blu Ray" I have hardly seen "out on HD DVD" Only time will tell

This is what I think:
1. Xbox 360 (Has great online play and a lot of good games. And good graphics)
1 1/2. Wii (Fun gameplay but seems a little cheap... and games won't be to a lot of peoples tastes, they'll be Mario games and such. And Mario games won't sell as well as Halo 3 and GoW and games like that.)
2.Ps3 (It might do well but it'll still be last in the console wars lol)

RedProdigy said:
I must not be smart then. How can I be so stupid! Me, the top of my class, the kid planning to go to medical school! Oh, wait, I'm not stupid. I will have the PCWii!

Didnt you know I am running for president? Noob! We can be anything we want online lol. Stupid....

If that were true you definately would have seen that Wii was the 2nd machine. Dont spread anymore lies man. That one really made you look stupid.

Back to the Wii......
If the motion sensory was an option in the games instead of being mandatory then I would feel slightly different about the console. But to not have an option to turn it off is stupid. Sometimes I dont feel like waving my arms all over. Zelda TP is great example. Man when I am playing till 1am I dont feel like shaking my wiimote for every stinkin kill. I just want to sick back, relax and play.

Last edited:
thats kinda the idea... you dont get a choice.. i think its bull they are saying some games are going to not use motion sensing... i like the fact i have to learn to play all over, i straight up am sick of the same controller every time with more buttons in a different position.. where is the challenge guys your playing the same thing updated with new levels...
thats why the wii is finding its way everyware, outselling every system monthly sence it came out... your honed gammers thumbs sitting there all day wont help.. you have to get off your butt and move around a bit in order to win...

i still say its a toss up between wii and 360, gonna be a tough call

ps3 doesnt stand a chance without great games and a huge price drop...

hddvd and blueray.. no affect on it except added price.. it will be dead probably before the next gen consoles get out.. but if you dont think so i got tones of 8-track,beta max, and a few sony minidisk i can sell ya as well... they are gonna be a hit...

Well sure the Wii is outselling the PS3 right now. Its only $250 and there were thousands more at launch. The PS3 absolutely does not need a price a drop. My videocard in my PC costs $600. The price is cheap.

Back