is ps3 really that bad?

why are you on a wii forum?

i take back my arguement to some degree. the price is going down, as i should have known it would. but i'm not learned about playstation games... i'm the biggest mario/yoshi kid and i just don't see playstation really having any stand out characters like that. playstation games seem very serious. is it for the hardcore gamer?

Because It's not all Wii. There are differant parts to the forum, and I enjoy convos.

I agree, why is this here when it should be in the PS3 section? So I'm going to talk more out of focus on this thread since it's in the wrong location anyway. Today I saw the anime Death Note. Very good anime. Watch it.

the ps3 rocks i got one about a month ago and im loving it:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

I dont think the PS3 is a bad console but it does lack games at this current time, it came out at a similar date to the WII and wheres the games.

Lets take a look at the PSP, awesome handheld but sony made it more of a "media center" then a "gameboy", hence the lack of games for it. I wonder if that will happen to the PS3, i hope not but only time will tell.

I own a WII personnaly, buying a 360 on tuesday, so i dont think im biased towards consoles. I have played a PS3 and its awesome, i think sony are too busy showing off what they can do with there technology or how much they can cram in to care about games...

the differents with Sony and Nintendo.are these.

1.Sony: Sony is mostly onto cutting edge tech.meaning they want stuff in their game system with the best PC stuff in them,they may have some games,but never the same as Nintendo has.

2.Nintendo: they aren't into high tech like Sony would be,they are mostly a game compey,then Sony would be. Nintendo is the Top Game systems out their now,and was. Sony on the other hand made some gaming system,but isn't in the lead yet,and maybe never will.since they are basing all their systems mostly on the works of their high tech PC stuff. hance the 40/80GB Harddrives they pack.

You see. Sony has gaming stuff,but they aren't putting everything into the game place. on the other hand Nintendo has been Number 1Gaming system out their. Since NES has been out. Surely Nintendo won't have the edge as Sony,but they will surely be the best gaming compey out their.

Nintendo: NES/SNES/Gameboy/Gameboy pocket/Gameboy colour/Gameboy Advance/GameCub/Gameboy SP/Nintendo DS/Gameboy Micro/Nintendo Wii.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Out of both.Nintendo has 4x much more gaming systems and Games then Sony will have. Nintendo is the leading game compey out their.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sony: PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3. (If i have any missing please name them. but i dout Sony has more then Nintendo has.)

Nintendo: they aren't into high tech like Sony would be

What do you call the DS/WII then? Last years tech?
Nintendo are into the latest tech but they tend not too overdo on it thus' making their systems much more affordable then that off the PS3 eg.

Nintendo could have easily supercharged the WII, making the price over 1K now i really dont see many people buying a system for 1K.

The success of the PS2 was the variety of games it brought to the system, and I can see that happening as well with the PS3 in the future. The only way to do that though is to start NOW. The $400 PS3 right now isn't looking to bad, might go grab one soon =P.

I(V)P said:
i mean i understand that right now its expensive and there arent many games out ... but eventually more games will come out better updates and so on. so why do alot of people bash the playstation 3 when its still early in the consol war. i mean i love my wii but eventually i think sony will out pass 360 and eventually be the number 2 contender in the consol war. frankly right now im trying to get a ps3 around 300 bucks(no a couple of friends who are moving or dnt want it for some other reason). jus wanted to no why ps3 is soo "bad"

Its not. People just not giving it a break. They should know by now that all new consoles go though this. I don't unbderstand after 7 generations of gaming machines, that people still don't understand this.

If u ask the ps3 is very power, its the best next gen console out there, but its lack games. As soon as i get some money I'm certainly getting that

I doubt the reason their sales and favoritism are lacking is due to that the system is itself "bad". I think that the lack of diversity from the xbox 360 and the lack of great and unique titles are the reason the ps3 is doing so poorly. The price didn't help matters.

They tried way to hard to reel in customers with the whole blu-ray deal. I would be more content paying half the original asking price of the ps3 and gotten myself a nice blu ray player.

Now the the holidays are coming, the ps3 dropped it's price so this'll be interesting to see where it goes from here on.

Back