Who Will Win? And Why?

Sovieto said:
no, people connect wiimotes to PCs with simple software/arrangments

no its basically a fact that the ps3 is a bargain though

simple fact is ur a undercover fanboy/wiihater. (dont deny, prob wont see reply anyways)

noone cares if nintendo is earning $ from the consoles. we r all happy with price. ps3 is another story..

@lethal

blinded fanboy as usual.
gc had online, just not well marketed. And if you been keeping up with wii news - online play is far past confirmed

Last edited:
PtonJalken said:
simple fact is ur a undercover fanboy/wiihater. (dont deny, prob wont see reply anyways)

noone cares if nintendo is earning $ from the consoles. we r all happy with price. ps3 is another story..
meh your on another planet are you

im clearly stating that wii is making a profit while ps3/360 loose money to give you the best of the best
so therefore when people say 360/ps3 whatever is a rip off, the truth is the wii is

yeah i owned both phantasy star games on gc, pretty good online games imo and so glad nintendo released modems/bb adapters to make it possible.
with an online community structure in place and possibilities slowly building (news/weather/everybody votes channel) and pokemon online running in jp, i think wii will most certainly have its online gaming moments.

PtonJalken said:
@lethal

blinded fanboy as usual.
gc had online, just not well marketed. And if you been keeping up with wii news - online play is far past confirmed

Ya the problem with that is I own all 3 systems so ya im not a fanboy. The gamecube had like 2 games online. Whooopty Doooo! You really think companies are going to run servers for online play for this system? Do you have any idea how much lag there will be using the Wiimote online? lol and you call me the fanboy? You can bash me again if you like but I know marketing. You wont see many companies jumping on the Wii bandwagon for online support. Stating facts makes people fanboys these days......

Lethal said:
Ya the problem with that is I own all 3 systems so ya im not a fanboy. The gamecube had like 2 games online. Whooopty Doooo! You really think companies are going to run servers for online play for this system? Do you have any idea how much lag there will be using the Wiimote online? lol and you call me the fanboy? You can bash me again if you like but I know marketing. You wont see many companies jumping on the Wii bandwagon for online support. Stating facts makes people fanboys these days......

your rite, cause ms/sony havnt lost exclusives to N alrdy or anything.

and wuts the bs about wiimote lag lol? any lag from wiimote would be clientbased(as if u were offline) lag will be determined by players latency.. id like you to give me one credible site where wiimote's 'lag' will effect latency on online servers.

btw smartguy, you know online alrdy exists and fully operational in japan... rite?

Lethal said:

there is a reson they dont have a modem adapter for the wii... its only going to be broadband.. how many online games have bad lag these days? you might see one or two people having issues, but with highspeed internet and free wifi all over the place i doubt it will be as big of an issue as you think... im not sure how there online will play out in the end, i know years ago they had talks with gamespy and a few others and said they would provide the server for free with advertisement... i dont know though nintendo hasnt really messed with online much... saying it isnt going to happen is pretty stupid.. just about as stupid as saying how good or bad its going to be being no one has a clue how its gonna work yet..

wezeles said:
i dont know though nintendo hasnt really messed with online much... saying it isnt going to happen is pretty stupid.. just about as stupid as saying how good or bad its going to be being no one has a clue how its gonna work yet..

Based on the past I think its pretty safe to say and really not stupid at all. And many people lag and its not always the connection. Its the server itself. And a laggy server mixed with people not having the best router would equal a pretty crappy online experience. Dont ya think?

PtonJalken said:
id like you to give me one credible site where wiimote's 'lag' will effect latency on online servers. Same thing here buddy. The reaction time offline is already off. Now take that online. But we will see this all happen soon enough.

Geeez.......The same reason why real gamers DONT use a wireless mouse for online gaming. Less responsive than a wired mouse.

Last edited:
the past... they didnt even make a real effort at online, they never needed it they had very few games that would even work online... and you cant judge them by the server... like i said we have no idea what kinda server they are going to use, its just plain ignorant to say its going to be crap when they havent even done it yet...

will it be as good as xbox probbaly not, they have had online console for years now. but im pretty sure they could beat out sonys online with a little effort..god knows sony didnt put any effort into theres... it has nothing to do with nintendo, its who they hire to do the job.. show me some articles on what different game host companies they have talked with then you can base some opinions on that... i doubt nintendo will create its own server just to support online, they will get someone who knows how to do it for them...

For me, I have to wait to see how Nintendo will treat online play. As of right now Xbox 360 has the online experience pwned and lets face it that is the future of gaming with consoles. I like how Wii is becoming interactive with it but how much so.

Wii also needs to have the system update that allows USB keyboards on the Wii and perhaps a Wii Chat or Voice system. I don't think Nintendo has the resources for that much bandwidth as of yet.

So as of now, it is Xbox 360, Wii, PS3. Also there is still PS3's sitting on the shelves but no Wii's.

there are plenty of 360's on the shelfs too... the hype of wii isnt over... 360 bubblin down a bit... too bad ps3 didnt have any hype with it..lol

wezeles said:
i doubt nintendo will create its own server just to support online, they will get someone who knows how to do it for them...

That is exactly why Nintendo will not win this war! Companies already said its a pain in the a$$ to make good use of the wiimote. Then to implement that online and try to actually kill people online using the wiimote which already sucks offline in FPS games. I dont see it happening.

how is it a pain... its no different then using a mouse on a FPS on your computer the programing is the same just instead of the mouse you use infared.. and motion sensing for the buttons.. its not hard to program you just change mouse to wiimote for most games..lol

as for a server who knows they might end up charging for online like MS or they might offer it for free.. eaither way its going to be a big job for anyone because of the number of people that will be online.. its not like when xbox came out and then 1 2 then 3 games were online.. they have to jump into online and full speed.. being they havent done that much in the past besides what they have with the DS so far... and the few GC games... its going to be intresting to see how there online playsout.. cant really judge anything that you have no clue about though... untill i see something on it im not going to say its good or crap

and wii wont rely on online gaming like 360 does... its a multiplayer system.. they are going to rely on familys to buy up the system and new gamers.. im gonna place them in the number 1 or 2 spot... maybe not in the states but worldwide i bet they win...

people who say the wii wont have online because the gamecube didnt really do not have a clue. the wii was online at launch and the GC wasnt, additionally Batallion wars and pokemon are both being developed for online! Nintendo arent stupid they know the wii needs online games. i would like online play but it isnt vital for my personally because i actually have friends to play with unlike the usual xbox/ps3 fanboys.

epikon said:
people who say the wii wont have online because the gamecube didnt really do not have a clue. the wii was online at launch

Well you want to challenge me in bowling? How about some deathmatch in COD3? No? Far Cry? I wonder why we cant play against each other? No $hit the Wii was online at launch. How you think we updated? Do I really have to explain that when I say online I actually mean multiplayer servers? And you saying that people who play 360 and PS3 have no friends is stupid. Because I say only those who play just a Wii have no money.......Whos more right?

And I am so sure that Nintendos decision to stop all 3rd party servers is a smart one. I bet I know why though lol. They know how laggy their remote is online. They want to try to perfect it before the 3rd party companies really kill the Wii.

Back