IN EUROPE
1)wii
2)360
3)PS3

AMERICAS
1)360
2)wii
3)PS3

this was a big serprise to us all,many people who have said 360 is the next dreamcast are now mad that the ps3 might be the next dreamcast.

Yeh, some people making good points, but i stand by my original prediction.

Last edited:
Obviously, the wii is the system to have right now. However, I have to say that I was absolutely floored by the PS3 graphics and I think that anyone trash-talking it doesn't really know what they're talking about. With that $600 tag though, it's a bit much and I'll be quite content with my wii for awhile, as will alot of other people. Realistically, though, I'm fairly bad at not spending money, so if that PS3 drops to like $500, I'll probably be buying one and I imagine alot of other people would too.

So... I'd probably say:

XBox 360
Wii
PS3

My room-mates and I have a Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS2 in our living room (along with a bunch more at our respective homes), and, out of all of them, the wii is definitely my favorite, but the wii is just not going to sell as well as the 360.

Last edited:
i think that the wii will win for its amazing value and the amount of fun you can get out of it and playing the games.

1.Wii
2.xbox 360
3.Ps3

First of all, what does 'winning' actually entail? Is it strictly the number of consoles sold? The company with the highest profits at the end of the day? The best support and confidence form 3rd party developers? Or a combination of all these things? Does there even have to be a definitive, clear-cut winner? I'm asking these as serious questions, as someone who hasn't been following the industry very long.

From what I can tell though, Nintendo does seem to have found a winning formula in the early going. There's nothing else quite like the Wii, and I think the price hooks a lot of people. 250 $/€ is not a lot of money for a new console in 2007, and in comparison to it's competitors (esp. the PS3) it can almost be purchased as an afterthought. I don't doubt that the PS3 might be the best system out there, at least capability wise. But to start up it's almost 3x the cost of a Wii. Unless it's also 3x better, for my money that's not great value.

360 everywhere but Japan
Wii (in japan #1)
PS3

I don't get why everyone says: Ohh the price on the wii is so little

even though they are ripping you off compared to the 360/ps3 and 360 is ONLY $50 more in US.....

wii=steals your money
ps3=wants you to invest
360=gives you a bargin

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
360 everywhere but Japan
Wii (in japan #1)
PS3

I don't get why everyone says: Ohh the price on the wii is so little

even though they are ripping you off compared to the 360/ps3 and 360 is ONLY $50 more in US.....

wii=steals your money
ps3=wants you to invest
360=gives you a bargin
i think you got it the wrong way
ps3=steals your money
360=wants you to invest
wii=gives you a bargin
there you go

Ok as of right know the 360 and Wii are close but by christmas there will be a HUGE difference yes Halo 3 will be great BUT the Wii will have Metriod, Mario Strikers, Mario Galaxy, Red Emblem, Wii Music, Gutar Hero, DDR, DK Racers, Super Paper Mario, Dragon Quest, Mario Party,No More Hero's Project Hammer and Super Smash Brothers and thats not including other games that may come out and be good too.
The 360 only has 5 or less Great games coming out this year the Wii has like 10. Halo cant beat 10 games. Plus who gets Free online, Wii users. Plus looking into the future we have games like Kirby, Animal Crossing, Sims, Zelda, Sonic, Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, and Resident Evil.

Yeah the Wii will be owning the rest of the Systems with a better and Cheaper selection of games.

I can honestly see the Wii being #1 in America. Dude, it's been selling like crazy with no signs of letting up. All Nintendo needs to do is release Brain Age and Nintendogs Wii and get the **** out of the way. The DS is pimpin right now and I can't see why the Wii wouldn't (unless the developers suddenly abandon the Wii).

The 360 is doing pretty well and I see it continuing to do well. The PS3 is a disaster, with its high price and Sony's horrible PR. If the price doesn't get cut by AT LEAST holiday 2007, I think it's safe to say that the PS3 will become the Gamecube (has great games but is generally overlooked). But even with a price cut, I don't see the PS3 costing any less than $400. The 360 is cheaper and pretty much similar to the PS3.

1)Wii
2)360
3)PS3

Australia:
1)PS3
2)360
3)Wii

in touch with the wii said:
i think you got it the wrong way
ps3=steals your money
360=wants you to invest
wii=gives you a bargin
there you go
Ahem...no
ps3 wants you to get blu ray and what not, therefore invest
360 gives you a high end system with options to add on what you want
wii makes a profit off of low-tech hardware, based around a controller

nintendo has always made the most profit.. they never sell there systems below cost, they always make the most off
3rd party game royalties.. and make a killing with the majority of games being 1st and 2nd party, being nothing but profit for them...

as for numbers wii will win everywere except america.. thats gonna be up in the air still and it will be between wii and 360 numbers wise... not profit wise.. i think it will level out soon with wii pulling ahead this year of the 360 but by next christmas it will be head to head... and unless sony finds some way to drop the price they will be stuck in last for this gen of consoles...

its tough to say the market for the Wii goes outside the normal gamers crowd.. but 360 will pick up all the hardcore gamers from the PS3 price.. i think both sales will be higher then they are use to though there are going to be plenty of people with both a 360 and a wii...

in the end its going to depend on what games both systems have when this console comes to a close and if sony doesnt pick up that could be anyones guess at this time... all the 3rd party games that sony use to have a hold of will be up for grabs, nintendo will have to change its normall thinking and xbox will have to get very agressive..

im gonna say a tie for now between the wii and 360 for the next year or 2

Back