Why Brawl Was Delayed (Good News)

mushroomedmario said:
you go through the story mode with switching characters, and that's how the story is done, you jsut don't play it with one character

That's dissapointing. I'd prefer to just play through with the character that I'm good at. So each time you swich you receive the trophy for the character you've jus finished with.

Mingus said:
That's dissapointing. I'd prefer to just play through with the character that I'm good at. So each time you swich you receive the trophy for the character you've jus finished with.
I like this, and it's not that bad, it gives you a choice out of two characters to play as..

TiredOfSex said:
NOT true. When did we ever see headlines that said nintendo was talking to capcom about adding snake or nintendo talking to sega for rights to include sonic in brawl? Your reasoning does not make sense

snake is not a capcom character:mad2:

we knew kojima wanted snake in MELEE so thats why hes probably in brawl. sonic was the most requested third party char. i think.

^ Thank you.

There were signs indicating the inclusion of snake and sonic before the official release of both characters.

We knew snake was slated for melee and was a sure fire inclusion for brawl. Sonic was in fact the most requested 3rd party character based on a consensus they did in Japan.

So there you have the reasoning behind both of them. One was for the fans, the other was a promise to a friend and fellow game designer.

Unless we get another 6 month delay and they suddenly ask the rest of the world who THEY want in Brawl then there's little hope for another third party character.

There are too many to list.
And too much red tape is involved to be able to sneak one in without it generating some kind of a buzz. So the possibility of one being snuck in under our noses is minimal.

But it is indeed possible ,however unlikely.

Last edited:
That was pure coincidence. Snake and Sonic were basically givens, this time it isn't the same.

I believe our best bet is on megaman. After sonic he would be original and another good character that doesn't step outside of the sega realm. If You start getting into characters like spyro and crash, it's all down hill from there

Last edited:
Yes, many of us would agree that he is the most likely, but with this being the [potentially] last spot, anything could happen.

Indeed mega man would be a close competitor for the next potential 3rd party character. But I think capcom is rather busy with their current line up of games. I wonder if they have time to get mega man into Brawl. It would be nice.

It isn't as if Capcom has to incorporate Megaman into Sakurai's game.

Just sign the paper and oversee :lol:

But don't you think they'd want to have a hand in it? It is smash bros. after all. If a character I created and hed licenses to was slated to be in the game..hell yes I'd want to see how they could think of ways to use him.

Which brings to mind what version of mega man do you think they will use (if any)?

Last edited:
Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Megaman, and yes, I suppose if they were using my creation I'd want to help out.

What is Capcom currently working on/known for?

Capcom is known for Resident Evil games.
Not sure what they are working on, maybe finishing up RE5 for Ps3 and 360?

Wario may in fact be under subspace mind control? or perhaps he's just evil this time around? Time will tell.
Haha, that was actually one thought of mine. I've decided it HAS to be either that or TONS of money though...he's not evil. Or maybe he's just going with the strongest side? Now that I think about it, they ARE combining several series' so maybe Dark Matter (from Kirby) has possessed several foolish characters like in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards? That would actually be quite intriguing...

If the story mode takes up to around 10 hours to beat how exactly do you get the trophies for all of the characters? I'm sure I'll only play through it once or twice on single player maybe several with friends on co-op mode. Hmm...
Trophies come from Classic Mode and possibly some Stadium Modes or if there's a second Adventure Mode with no story like Melee's (as suggested by Levesque and I via the current Adventure Mode being deemed Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary as though there's more than one possible Adventure Mode). It's also possible that playing a certain number of matches with a given character will earn you a trophy, but this is all speculation, and Classic Mode is therefore the ONLY one that's for sure.

you go through the story mode with switching characters, and that's how the story is done, you jsut don't play it with one character
Yup, and the character can be chosen via decision in battle (i.e. whether you save Peach or Zelda from Petey Pirahna) or before the level begins (i.e. choosing either Donkey or Diddy before chasing after your escaping banana hoard) allowing for people to avoid using characters they don't like. Perhaps different paths such as these will lead to a different trophy set at the end?

Many people agree with me that that's what made Melee's Adventure Mode a little less exciting: same thing over and over again with a different character until you unlock the next one by playing forEVER =P

Extra Life Mushroom said:
But don't you think they'd want to have a hand in it? It is smash bros. after all. If a character I created and help licenses to was slated to be in the game..hell yes I'd want to see how they could think of ways to use him.
Well they'll prolly have like one guy from the original Megaman staff and some Brawl staff that have played TONS of Megaman =P

Besides, lots of stuff is already customized perfectly for Brawl: Different colors would be the colors your armor changes depending on your weapon in the originals...and he even has his own entrance already! =P

Moveset-wise, it prolly wouldn't be too hard to determine given his wide variety of weapons throughout the series...

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Which brings to mind what version of mega man do you think they will use (if any)?
Prolly the original Megaman...just as Sonic has his original moveset and style, I think Megaman will have an appearance and moves from the first 8 games.

S.S. said:
I can't speak for Tyler, but I will say I'm not kidding. I'm more excited for the Subspace Emissary than any other feature in the game. I'm interested to see how the story plays out and why Wario attacked Kirby etc (there must be LARGE amounts of money involved...)

Well....i would agree with yall....That subspace Emissary looks pretty fun..

But i still wouldnt put it over mulitplayer fighting.....IMO, THATS JUST CRAZY:mad2:

Back