Why is this guy not designing Games?

Virtual Reality...

This may be the pioneer to developing virtual reality in games but not limited to, certain areas of science could implement this software to work with meteorology,astronomy, microbiology etc and it could be used with TV sets to create a more realisitc movie expirience, if this guy plays his cards right he may become a wealthy individual and have his name written in technology magazines and textbooks....

Go Johnny Lee!!!

it couldnt work on tv as most people dont sit exactly in front of there tv so they would see it 3d at an angle which makes watching no fun

D1nner said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Seriously, if you want to skip the talk, move to about 2:45 in, and watch what this guy did with a Wii, a computer, and a stroke of genius.

I want to see this sort of thing in mainstream technology yesterday, anyone else?

Ha you beat me to it! I posted some more of these and yes this guy rocks. We need more people like this in the industry.

This is like nintendo's FX chip all over again! You just knew it was coming because just look up the other stuff he has done! I mean you could easliy make a game out of this too! Hell HAHA you could make a contra where the second player is flying a chopter giving you support fire! yet it would have to be a online game as one player would get to just play as the 2d contra player while the other could totally be whipping the floor with every one!

Hell I could see this being really crazy as a 3d top down shooter! Hell the list goes on! People keep saying there is no real engine money to be made on the Wii PHFFFF- Every where I've went on the Wii they have pretty much said they would buy a Wii for this!

Remember the nintendo ON video! Was nintendo holding some thing back and this guy just exposed it! Also too You have to realize he is only using the pointer in these set ups and not the accelerometer!

Some people have said the Wii mote only has 45 degrees of vision also... easy fix another Wii mote camera! Instant 45 degrees any more and you obviously have a 3d TV!

Now what is funny what if mario galaxy had this? I mean it wouldn't need it yet most people would love the game just because of this. The guy is getting his masters and if the money printing guys at nintendo don't snap this guy up then MS will make a Wii2 killer next gen.

I would love to play some creatively designed games using this! The front target is freaky though! This idea is way better than parallax scrolling! 3d is even better but I talking about using it in games that go 2d and 3d on the fly!

jimbo said:
it couldnt work on tv as most people dont sit exactly in front of there tv so they would see it 3d at an angle which makes watching no fun

Easy solution let people watch the player via online connection like real online gaming. Plus too if you are going to just sit there then you don't really want VR now do you?

You could use this idea to actually make the Wii mote more accurate also since once you place the extra head gear tracker on a stand the stand could actually be the 3rd IR light used to get the height of you display! Yet just by looking at the software he has made i'm thinking he has already made away to actually make the Wii mote a real light gun where the center of your Wii mote is the barrel of the gun.

i just fought of a great idea...why dont we implement this when wii ware comes out.

we can make our own 3d cool games...a thank ypu :lol:

I know some people will say this is old or some one is making some tech that does this yet nothing can beat the price of an IR light and another Wii mote. He is using IR lights and some really smart programming! Freaking IR lights! Not special chips! No expensive displays! And here is the biggest kicker it could come out way faster than any thing currently in development! It is piratically already made and hell I think he has it for download just like his other stuff!

You put this and Wii ware together and some good marketing capital and you can just call him the money printing Lee. All he would need is a good "game" designer. And some good artist! Hell Geo wars could use this! Personally I want a 2.5D shooter using this idea! You can't really call it tech can you... well it does use his code!

The main point here is showing how something like this could be tailored into a machine which can remove the limits the Wii imposes. I think for the Wii it is unrealistic to expect people to design games around this since the Wii wasn't developed with this in mind (or so I assume, you never know these days).

But something like this could bring immersion and graphics to a whole new level. Imagine walking around in an Adventure game/FPS/RPG town and being able to actively look around at all the things around you, it would be amazing.

That guy is great not only because of that video but because of his video of a CHEAP multi-touch whiteboard ! Fluckin genius. XD

D1nner said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Seriously, if you want to skip the talk, move to about 2:45 in, and watch what this guy did with a Wii, a computer, and a stroke of genius.

I want to see this sort of thing in mainstream technology yesterday, anyone else?

That is simply INCREDIBLE! He auta show this to Nintendo! Imagin what FPSs would be like with this tech!! :yikes:

D1nner said:
But something like this could bring immersion and graphics to a whole new level. Imagine walking around in an Adventure game/FPS/RPG town and being able to actively look around at all the things around you, it would be amazing.

The thing is, a problem with using that in an FPS Game or any other game is that usually the game display is usually in a fixed position, and panning your head to look around a corner would cause you to lose sight of the Display.

I dunno if this makes sense, but I really think Nintendo should improvise and incorporate this into their games. XD

iOwnage said:
This guy should be like the Nintendo president.

Nintendo would be FOOLISH not to have this man on board!

Someone, somebody auta show this to Nintendo. i hope he has done so already! He could be filthy rich!

AND truly revelutionalze gaming!

Back