Why PS3 Games will most likely NOT be longer.

VampiricLugia

Guillotine Fodder
Nov 28, 2006
Vinita, Oklahoma
It's bad marketing.

If they make games last really long amounts of time, then are they going to sell enough games to make it up stream? Well, very doubtful. People would be too absorbed in the one game that takes so long to beat that they won't go off and buy another game until they need to. Unless a person gets bored with the game.

It's pointless for Sony to make a 200GB Blu-Ray disc if nothing is going to be using the full potential of the storage.

Also, using a longer game thus equates to longer development time, thus equating to a time where there is no revenue. And then, when the game DOES hit the market, the price is skyrocketted for Sony to pay off the people who made the game.

This is why most games nowadays are short. You beat one, and it leaves you wanting more, so you go and buy another game. This goes for all companies, really.

Oh, and, this "miracle PS3 price drop" people are all hyped about probably won't happen even if the price of materials for Sony to make the PS3 go down in the future. Sony's losing too much money ALREADY to drop the price any lower. Sure, you're getting a great deal for what's inside, but is it worth it? Where are the exclusives? Most are turning into XBox titles, as well. Sony's got a big hole to dig out of on this one.

*skims post*

*checks off thread as just another ps3 hater trying to make his opinion valid to anyone but real ps3 owners*

It costs money to make a game longer than 6 hours. The new trend is get the game out as fast as possible. Zelda, FF12, and WoW BC are games that sell very well, but take immense amounts of time to complete. Most companies will not bother with such long production schedules. The result? 1000+ games are released per year, and only 20 aren't crap.

and it also will take more time and money to make a game making the game price go up to 100 or even more to add all the "super HD" and makiing the maps as big as sony said the ps3 could do...
the games would cost too much and no 1 would buy them

Sovieto said:
*skims post*

*checks off thread as just another ps3 hater trying to make his opinion valid to anyone but real ps3 owners*

I think it is a valid point to state. however, there are already many OTHER reasons that have helped all of us decide not to get a PS3

Sovieto said:
*skims post*

lol very very true

but...
he has rought up stuff thats negotiable

the price drop stuff he said

you know just let everyone dream their own dreams

as for everything else

you could have said it from a neutral standpoint
VampiricLugia

Well, I think the high-space blu-ray disc is needed for high-def graphics mostly and not game length. Apart from that I cant see Sony dropping the price at least for a year.

Kedarshashi said:
lol very very true

but...
he has rought up stuff thats negotiable

the price drop stuff he said

you know just let everyone dream their own dreams

as for everything else

you could have said it from a neutral standpoint
VampiricLugia

What's so non-neutral about it? I never once mentioned about how anything is better than it. Or maybe it was my "Is it worth it?" that set off the fanboy alert? Well. I still ask, is it worth it? Is the 360 worth paying for? Is the Wii worth paying for? It's a question that HAS to be asked and Reasons MUST be stated, or else it's a pointless remark of "Yes, it's great."

All three consoles have their own flaws.

I'm personally going to wait until things are smoothed out, games are readily available, and no more console upgrades are needed.

VampiricLugia said:
What's so non-neutral about it? I never once mentioned about how anything is better than it. Or maybe it was my "Is it worth it?" that set off the fanboy alert? Well. I still ask, is it worth it? Is the 360 worth paying for? Is the Wii worth paying for? It's a question that HAS to be asked and Reasons MUST be stated, or else it's a pointless remark of "Yes, it's great."

All three consoles have their own flaws.

I'm personally going to wait until things are smoothed out, games are readily available, and no more console upgrades are needed.

its a good idea waiting until things smoothen out

and if i made you mad srry and all

Kedarshashi said:
well thats good *sigh*

when do you think things will smoothen out i say in a good year and a half

I'd say 1 and a half on the year aspect. I haven't heard much about problems with the 360 at the moment, so I can't really judge based on that.

im thinking in about a year the ps3 will be a so-so system. only thing thats really driving it is the gfx. nothing else is original with that.

Back