wii or xbox

wild boi

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2008
hey, this is my first post n im new to this, anyway.

i got a wii for my birthday about 6 months ago but im kind of bored with the games as i want more games for the core gamer like some of the games the xbox has to offer and now im pondering over the idea of wheather to buy an xbox. is this a bad idea?

It depends what games you're into. Xbox games have a lot of shooters, realistic and war games. Those are the more popular ones. While Wii has creative, adventure games.

Just depends what you're looking for.

yep each system depends on what you taste is... they all specialize in specific types of gameplay...

but you can always find the type of game you want on each console... it just might not be as good of quality as on another...

gotta let us know what you like and we can give you pointers on what you should look at...

Ya if you like the mature games like Gears of war,call of duty get the 360 but the wii has great creativity and I beleave a better future then the 360 reamember the 360 has been out longer then the wii.And I beleave that the 360 has hit its peek.But try the 360 know what is has than make your desicion off of that.:crazy:

Lol everyone thinks FPS when they talk about Xbox. Here's a list of all the games on Xbox and as you will see, FPS arent even a fourth of the titles. There's alot more hardcore type games for more serious gamers.

http://forums.xbox.com/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=20

If you're wondering what games look like or how they play. Just google the name of the game and find some info. youtube is always good to look at gameplay too.

I do recommend Xbox, because Wii+Xbox is a great combo.

well is ur just gonna get the original xbox then wii if ur gnna get 360 maybe it all depends what kinda games u like

thanks for commenting,
i am into shooters and more mature games i guess and i have a really good friend who has an xbox and i really enjoyed great games like gears of war and halo 3, i thought they were great but im not saying the wii isnt any good, i think its pretty good and like you said it depends on your taste in games but maybe ive spent enough on gaming for the moment. i might give it a while and think about it.

I say the best decisions in life come on gut feelings. If your gut is saying to have sex with that sexy girl I bet you did it and you didnt regret it one bit. Same applies to gaming :D

i thought they would make a good combo too, and i would like to have them both but it would put me back another £300 or so and thats a lot when you add that to the price of the wii aswell. What console do you prefer out of the three?

acctually the best 2 are wii/360 no doubt...

ps3 is almost identical to 360 in games it has.. same style.. lots of shooters and sports games, movie games,and a few adventure action games... this is of course just compared to wii...

wii has far less good shooters compared to 360 and not nearly as many good sports titles.. although the sports titles are fun because of the controlls... Although wii has much better adventure/action games and the best 1st party games...

wii/360 is the common place for the hardcore gammer.. you get the full spectrum that gamin has to offer today having these 2 systems...

i would recomend both then you miss out on nothing...

and then you can just stick to the best games both has to offer...id rather have 10 really good games on 2 consoles....

than 5 good ones and 25 bad ones on any one console...

you might not be able to have as many games but atleast you can get all good ones...

Last edited:
Overall I like my 360. The price was in the middle, great games, great online, great graphics, etc. My Wii is for exclusive titles like Mario, Zelda and Metroid. Same with PS3.

you have persuaded me and now i am really thinking about getting a 360 too. i will ask my mum about it, fingers crossed lol :)

cheers

i go for the wii/360 there real good game systems

in my opinion the ps3 sucks almost no one buys it were i am

Back