QUE: Wii Graphics vs XBOX (org)

The_One said:
I enjoy playing video games, after selling my PS2 & Xbox recently I have enough for a Wii. Well I cant find one right now so im doing the next best thing, playing the holy grail of consoles, the Dreamcast:aureola: .
Anyways, I was wondering, because I enjoy great graphics, and especially innovative gameplay, I am a bit worried about these Wii graphics.... Are they better then the original Xbox, say something like Halo 2? If it is true, well thats good enough for me...just wanted some opinions to make my hopes for the Wii a bit higher..rep plz..
THX:ciappa:

The system is more capable graphic wise than the Xbox 1. The Wii's Gpu is tons powerful with 12 Pixel Pipelines compared to the Xbox 1's Gpu only having 4.

Right now developers are half-assing the games. By the time Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid are out you are going to be seeing some really good graphics. Right now the games are just the tip of the ice berg.

ClassicFitness said:
A picture worth a thousand words.
Here Red Steel graphics....

It is actually in the gameplay. (Not a cut scene)
Not bad at all!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
after playing gears of war

/throwup

very true....GOW was just amazing....the sole reason that converted me from anti microsoft.....deep inside i am a graphics whore

as for those red steel pics, the game looks nothing like that....i wish it did.....sigh

Sovieto said:
after playing gears of war

/throwup

Thats not actual gameplay. That is a concept screenshot from before the game was even released. I wished the game looked that good. That looks like Xbox 360 graphics.

Look at resident evil 4 on gamecube and then imagine if it was originally made for a much stronger system the Wii.

Anyone who's played that level in Red Steel can tell you that's no screenshot. As stated above, it's a concept screenshot which has been touched up to look nice. Once the developers dig deep into the Wii then we may see graphics this good.

none of these red steel pics have been in-game shots. the game looks alright but nowhere near as good as these pre-release ubi-ganda pictures that were distributed!

I got my $2,000 computer for kick-a$$ graphical gaming, like Battlefield 2142.

So how does the Wii look on a HD ready tv through component?
I've heard fuzzy but I would prefer to see it for myself

Carsonal said:
So how does the Wii look on a HD ready tv through component?
I've heard fuzzy but I would prefer to see it for myself
i think it looks great on mny 40 inch lcd samsung hdtv i got up to 1080i on the lcd but i run it 480p thru component and it looks like alot better as far as colors go they are way brighter now. i just wish that wii would go 720p

PersianCowboy said:
The system is more capable graphic wise than the Xbox 1. The Wii's Gpu is tons powerful with 12 Pixel Pipelines compared to the Xbox 1's Gpu only having 4.

Right now developers are half-assing the games. By the time Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid are out you are going to be seeing some really good graphics. Right now the games are just the tip of the ice berg.

This is interesting. I am now a believer for further release.:yesnod:

The Gamecube was a good deal more powerful then the PS2, not quite as powerful as Xbox 1. The Wii is more powerful then Xbox1, and obviously not near the 360 or PS3, but if you look at a game like Resident evil 4 on the GC, and imagine what they can do with a system twice as powerful, there is no need for more.

First gen games never look anywhere near as good as later releases. It takes developers time to learn how to take advantage of a cpu/gpu before they can push the limits.

Having played twilight princess for 16 or so hours, I could live with graphics like that. If I want uber-realistic looking games, my PC blows away the PS3/360 anyway.

Back