Wii Stolen

I agree. That sounds like a big fat lie, so that dilivery man could keep it to himself. Things like that, they make you sign for. If the signger is not home, that take it back to try again at another time. Yeah, get you money back and buy it somewhere esle.

Or maybe. Just maybe. You aren't telling the full story.
Are you saying that you weren't there in time to pick it up? So they put it in a bin for grabs?

Unlikely.

And I doubt a delivery man took it.
What's a Wii for his kids compared to a job for his family? Is he really going to risk that for his family?

AtomicB said:
Or maybe. Just maybe. You aren't telling the full story.
Are you saying that you weren't there in time to pick it up? So they put it in a bin for grabs?

Unlikely.

And I doubt a delivery man took it.
What's a Wii for his kids compared to a job for his family? Is he really going to risk that for his family?

You gotta point there.

Unless he doesn't have a family...?

I honestly could see someone doing that. And its not as if Woolworth could figure out if he truly didn't take it.

But, really, its not quite that hard to get a Wii right now. True, I don't have one yet, but I am getting closer... Kinda:p

how do we know that your not lieing? i mean how would you know that they left it in your recycle bin if you weren't there? And they wouldn't call you and you couldn't ask them because they're not who delivered it, the shipping company did.

I think we need to be just a little more trusting these days, people...he just may be telling the truth.

I had a similar thing happen with a very expensive item I shipped to my brother via UPS. The item was supposed to be signed for, but instead the driver left it under a bush in my brother's front yard. Yeah, under a friggin bush. The driver even left in the notes on the "missed you" slip slapped to the front door that the package was right there in the bushes! Doesn't take much for an item to be taken at that point...luckily, my brother arrived with it still there, but both of us were blown away.

I've dealt with a lot people in shipping and receiving, and it's back-breaking work. What's worse is if the driver gets a 'split' where he has to take things from another driver and deliver those on top of his full truck. So it wouldn't surprise me if a tired driver said the hell with it and left it there. Just bad luck that someone nabbed the package.

The responsibility goes to whomever is the primary shipping party. If Woolworth's uses their own shipping, then they're responsible. If they use a third-party courier, then that courier is responsible. Either way, Nintendo is not at all responsible at this point. They shipped to the Woolworth's warehouse, and after that it truly becomes someone else's responsibility. I feel your pain, and I would never say don't try but I don't think Nintendo is going to say anything different than contact Woolworth's or the courier company who delivered your Wii.

Last edited:
Honestly, i do not think nintendo will ship 1 wii from japan to woolworths for you :p Sorry to hear about this though :mad2:

Delivery guys are a disgrace, its not the first time i have been angry at them.

I sent away for a few autograph photos that clearly say DO NOT BEND When i got home they where in the letterbox folded in half.

Last edited:
What would be the point in coming on here and lieing what am I goin to gain from that and I know it was left in a recycle bin because woolworths are pulling up the guy who delivered it and he is saying that he put it in the recycle bin and I also got one of the slips through the door saying the time he had been to my house and that he had left it in the recycle bin:incazzato:

Dude you can get another wii for just $20 more. YOU HAVE A WARANTY ON THAT WII!

twilightx said:
I think we need to be just a little more trusting these days, people...he just may be telling the truth.

I had a similar thing happen with a very expensive item I shipped to my brother via UPS. The item was supposed to be signed for, but instead the driver left it under a bush in my brother's front yard. Yeah, under a friggin bush. The driver even left in the notes on the "missed you" slip slapped to the front door that the package was right there in the bushes! Doesn't take much for an item to be taken at that point...luckily, my brother arrived with it still there, but both of us were blown away.

I've dealt with a lot people in shipping and receiving, and it's back-breaking work. What's worse is if the driver gets a 'split' where he has to take things from another driver and deliver those on top of his full truck. So it wouldn't surprise me if a tired driver said the hell with it and left it there. Just bad luck that someone nabbed the package.

The responsibility goes to whomever is the primary shipping party. If Woolworth's uses their own shipping, then they're responsible. If they use a third-party courier, then that courier is responsible. Either way, Nintendo is not at all responsible at this point. They shipped to the Woolworth's warehouse, and after that it truly becomes someone else's responsibility. I feel your pain, and I would never say don't try but I don't think Nintendo is going to say anything different than contact Woolworth's or the courier company who delivered your Wii.

Yes, you too have a point cuz I hearda the same thing happening to others on another listserve I used to be on. His Sony Aibo was left in the bushes or hehind something, right outside!

In the end, all that matters now if the fact that this young man DID NOT get his wii! The company that diverved it is responsible for this mess and should replace it. Woolworths was/is willing to give him his money back. I say take the money and run! Get your wii from somewheres esle!

Trotter4 said:
What would be the point in coming on here and lieing what am I goin to gain from that and I know it was left in a recycle bin because woolworths are pulling up the guy who delivered it and he is saying that he put it in the recycle bin and I also got one of the slips through the door saying the time he had been to my house and that he had left it in the recycle bin:incazzato:

I believe you. Never did thing you was lying.

Back