wii the next dreamcast??

Are you Drakke #2?? jk, :lol: lol

Nintendo has been around for a very long time. Those people aren't 18 anymore. They're much older, they have jobs, families, and money. The Dreamcast didn't have a wireless pointing controller with motion sensing. It was just another hunk of a controller who followed the trend (d pad + buttons). Nintendo is doing something different, something every different from the other companies. It is a gamble, i admit. But it will go down fighting (that is if it does go down). Nintendo has a huge fan base, both hard core and casual players. There are lots of third party companies that are interested in Nintendos Wiimote and that's a good thing. What makes a good console are players, games, and a solid console. Nintendo has all 3. There have been no overheating issues, no major problems other than a freeze that only occurs on EA's Madden NFL 07 and is EAs fault for bad coding. Nintendo has been around for so long and of course it has a great fan base of many players, both old and new, and hard core and casual. There are people who have enjoyed all of Nintendo's console from Famicom to GC. And there are those who've played them in their childhood and enjoyed it and seeing the Wiimote, might want to get it to enjoy some of their childhood games through VC. The Wii currently has a host of games. Many many games are going to be out for the Wii. From puzzle games (zelda), mini games (rayman), racing games (GT Pro), shooters (red Steel), adventures (zelda), strange wierd ones(Wario Ware, Exciting Witch trial), and casual ones(wii Sports). Along with those games, the Wii also offers popular titles like Zelda. These are just the new games. The Wii also offers games from Nintendo's other consoles through it's VC. So the Wii has plenty of games for everyone. Old ladies may not be playing games right now but that doesn't mean they won't be. When their grand children get it, they might see how fun it is and give it a try. Since the Wii has so many titles to offer, especially the casual games like Wii Sports, there bound to be at least trying it. There are games that don't require lightning fast reflexes or 20/20 vision. Like in Tennis, they just have to watch the ball and wave the Wiimote. No need to learn what button is which and no lightning fast reflexes are needed. The Wii is bound to be one of this years best consoles.

Nintendo has done many things to ensure Wii's victory:
They've got a very interesting controller that has caught the eye of even non gamers. This new controller has caught many peoples attention. They did something different. Something we're not used to seeing and Nintendo is using it to their advantage as shown in their Japanese commercials. It's not just another console, it's a Wii. As with current-gen consoles and last gen consoles, they've used a gamepad: D-pad with buttons and some with joysticks. Even both Next-gen consoles are using the same exact thing, with the exception of the Wii. the 360 has not deviated from this but has at least made their 360 controller much less bulkier and very comfortable (I can attest to that). The PS3 has not changed the model of their controller at all: PS1, PS2, and PS3 all have the same controller. Same D-pad, buttons, and 2 joysticks. The only thing they added was this 'SixAxis' thing which many reviewers said felt cheap and empty. The new Wiimote has gotten very very good reviews. With things like :Heavy, feels comfortable, worth the $40, very precise. This Wiimote is going to change the way gaming is played. (Such as Sony adding in some motion sensing after Nintendo unveiled theirs)

By putting Wii Sports with the console, this allows people to get used to the Wiimote before playing other games. This is very great and makes using the Wiimote less daunting. It gives you an idea and a good grip of how the Wiimote works and stuff. So when you play your other games, you will be more worried about beating the game and maybe learning the new bindings instead of how to use the Wiimote correctly. This helps ensure Nintendo's victory.

With VC and Connect24, they are making the Wii a solid console. VC will appeal to many older gamers who have played games when they were young. At the $250 price tag, why not? But you woulnd't get the Wiimote just for that though. The VC makes the Wii many consoles in one and the games for it are really cheap. Connect24 offers support for games and this will make your Wii experience very very fun. So if there was a major glitch or something related, you wouldn't have to worry about buying a newer version of the game or throwing it away. All you would have to do is wait for the patch, much like PC gaming and the 360. Connect24 also offers new stuff and free online play. Who wouldn't like freebies? Popular games like SSB will be online and, as you can see, there is a lot of hype for it.

As you can see, the Wii is ensured for victory. all these things will become apparent and just wait for the launch date. You will see these things unravel and watch as the PS3 falls and the Wii become the victor.

I thought in terms of power the dreamcast beat out the PS2. So, wouldnt that mean that the PS3 is the next dreamcast?

kingofspades said:
as we all know, the dreamcast was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii youll notice that they aint so different. dreamcast focused on the younger crowds, tried to create bizarre games. but it just didnt work out. the ps2 came out and muscled it down to a third party half assed game creating company. now i know that they are trying to bring a new crowd to video games, like old ladies and ****...lol. but lets face it they dont play video games for a reason. with the video game fanbase averaging at higher ages then it used to, game systems focused on teen to mature games are definately gonna succeed better then a platform with high quality amature games with garbage or dimmed down from its original quality adult games. you dont see a 17 year old sittin on his lazy ass all day playing mario party.
you see him smokin a joint talkin trash and poppin off heads on call of duty.
besides 90 percent of those zelda fans are now too old and not interested in it anymore. nintendo the next sega?? i think so.... what about you?

I remember these exact same types of comments about the nintendo DS before it came out.

this system wont survive on the faith of hardcore geeks, and that about sums up most of your comments. a hardcore nintendo fan trying to turn a cold shoulder on all of the facts, and having too much faith in a company thats destined for a downfall. kinda common among nintendo. see yall lata, im goin to have a smoke and play some call of duty hahaha.

Last edited:
I don't own a gamecube. Only Xbox. Out of the new systems the PS3 will be the only system that I will not buy. When a system gets to be 600 to 800 US dollars I find them to be pointless. I can build a good computer system for that price so I would just play computer games at that point.

It is weird to see some people get so nervous about the Wii doing well this year. If Nintendo releases 4 million units to North America and they are sold out by Christmas that will be amazing. And it seems from all the preorders and game sites information that's happening. Game companies will not ignore a system that sells 4 million systems at launch.

The only system that really has to worry seems to be the PS3. They might be pricing themselves out of the game.

TBH Nintendo have never made an annual loss as a company and every wii sold will make them money. I dont really see how they are going to have to drop out of a market that has made them money every single time they are in it.

More importantly I wish Sega would come back as a console producer I loved every one of their consoles.

Also you do know Call of duty is going to be available on the wii, yes?

im about 17 (just turned 16 in june) and i play call of duty 2, for 360 as you can see in my sig and i play mario party, mario kart, and animal crossing, and honestly im not that hard core on nintendo, but i began loving the ds and i really love the wii, i had a ps2 and a gamecube with about 35 games each, but i can say i play 10 times as much gamecube and ds as i play ps2.

Actually my 11 year old brother and his little freinds are the ones that go play gta for 5 hours, where as my freinds will go play pushy penquins on mario party 5, race in mario kart on our ds lites, or visit each others towns over wi-fi animal crossing.

All in all, if ps3 dropped the blu-ray and $200 of the price i would get it.( actually if they got rid of the sixaxis and got some rumble then i would get it) The wii will not be the dreamcast because nintendo already as a back up plan, like they did with the virtual boy, they always have someething planned if something else just implodes. Sega didn't. Sony doesn't.

hes a fracktard who knows nothing about gaming btw the oldest gamer just died she was like 85 the average gamer is in his 30s and about half are female surprizingly enough

All in all, if ps3 dropped the blu-ray and $200 of the price i would get it.( actually if they got rid of the sixaxis and got some rumble then i would get it)

This is really shallow but unless they make it better looking somehow Im already leaning towards not having one, I just dont want that monstrosity under my nice new HD telly. I remember being really interested in the original Xbox then saw its design. Christ ugly as sin.

But recently ive just decided Sony are too arrogant for me to want to buy one now.

acutally I had gotten into a debate recently at school about nintendo's standings with a ps3 fanboy. It was Sega's choice to throw in the towel, and you know what happened, right before the systems seized production, Sonic 2 was released and it was a big hit. IMO if they hadnt had already sold the game to Gamecube Sega could have probly had a chance. And thats another thing, why do ya think they chose nintendo to just release Sonic 2 when PS2 was the top contendor?

in touch with the wii said:
:mad5: :wtf: look man there are gonna be like 18+ on the wii there are games that are meant for everyone and nintendo is not gonna be the next sega they always beat them in the consle wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i no alot of zelda fans that played every game since the start so :prrr: :mad5: stupid sony fanboy
*Sigh* Calm the **** down. Jesus christ. He was stating his opinion, no big deal. Seriously. >.> I've lost all respect for you now. You freak out way too easily.

Anyway, I don't agree with it. I don't even need to state why I think so.

Though I do see why he would think that. Not very many people came to pre-order the Wii over here. Though it WAS different everywhere else. Anyway, it's prolly not gonna be like it. And all of you, even my friends, who were flaming this guy and talking **** about him, you need to calm the **** down. :scared:

Last edited:
kingofspades said:
as we all know, the dreamcast was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii youll notice that they aint so different.

I stopped reading after that sentence. You are clearly handicap.

No offence to anyone, butI dont know anybody thats getting a wii, in person, except you guys, and this site is way less popular then the ps3 forums. Yes nintendo owns some 25 billion dollars, but sony is a 90 billion dollar company. And i dont know whats up with those guys that are 16/17 that play mario and squirt flowers with water in sunshine, but thats not my bag, i dont like zelda, i dont like mario, and theres no real innovation to the games coming out for the wii. Im not trying to flame here im just stating what i know. The ps3 has great games set for it, as does the 360 (but 360 is almost all multi platformers). Yea sure the ps3 costes $600...but thats coming with blu-ray, blue tooth, dvd playing ability, cd playing ability, web browsing ability and free online and a few other minor things and thats only 600. Regular blu ray dvd player costes somewhere between $900-1100. Wii wont have as much GB either. I dont think wii will be the next dreamcast though, i think it'll succedd to an extent, id say it'll do a bit better than gamecube. But it sure as heck isnt gonna beat 360 and ps3, no way in hell. I personally have better things to do then play monkey ball and go on tony hawk skateboarder where the windows look like paintings (not good graphics), but who knows, to me, its mostly about games and their graphics. No games listed for wii appeal to me as of yet so..... Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Back