wii the next dreamcast??

about kingofspades point on the fact that some xbox to wii games: If a developer really doesent like the wiimote then thay can chose to make thier game played on the classic controller. the new smash bros is already going this route.

kingofspades said:
its not that im completely ignorant. its not as if i dont believe nintendos gonna be a good system. it just doesnt appeal to me. and basically your saying the hundreds of people in this forum that havent even looked at a real wii (besides in pictures) never mind played it. are aloud to have there opinions about how great it is. and since your a nintendo fan i cant have mine about not liking it? so i guess this whole damn forum should shut down until the wii comes out right... then well all pass our judments.
ok
i respect you opinon and all right now
but seriously what is the point of a thread that you know will basically start something like this?
coming on a Nintendo forum and asking people if the Wii is gonna fail or "be the next dreamcast"
i see no point in threads like these at all
*shrugs*

kingofspades said:
as we all know, the dreamcast was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii youll notice that they aint so different. dreamcast focused on the younger crowds, tried to create bizarre games. but it just didnt work out. the ps2 came out and muscled it down to a third party half assed game creating company. now i know that they are trying to bring a new crowd to video games, like old ladies and ****...lol. but lets face it they dont play video games for a reason. with the video game fanbase averaging at higher ages then it used to, game systems focused on teen to mature games are definately gonna succeed better then a platform with high quality amature games with garbage or dimmed down from its original quality adult games. you dont see a 17 year old sittin on his lazy ass all day playing mario party.
you see him smokin a joint talkin trash and poppin off heads on call of duty.
besides 90 percent of those zelda fans are now too old and not interested in it anymore. nintendo the next sega?? i think so.... what about you?
Perorder sales speak for themselves...
BTW I am 21 and still play Mario Party, why? cause I happen to find it fun, as for smokin a joint, talkin trash and poppin off heads...
Whatever floats your boat, If you find it fun to go around smackin up hos with a pink dildo (ala GTA) than go ahead, what a great world we live in today, full of people like you that think that getting high and seeing gore is all the rage (Its so cool man, I mean like, your totally f***en awesome man!)...

You know what? Games were designed to be fun, not about sitting there and watching images go by that have some way of reflecting that you are cool by watching it. Having what you are watching reinforce your stereotypical veiw that if a game is fun to other people the fact that it might contain a plumber wearing a red hat that is in fact kiddy crap. Get a Goddamn life and F**K Off

Last edited:
Dear KingofSpades,

You're an idiot. The dreamcast was bound to be a big flop, since they couldnt even supply enough for preorders. Also, when dreamcast was out,
PS2 was getting more attention, and evidently did ALOT better in sales. Look at PS3 vs Wii now...who's getting more attention? Wii.
Silly,Silly Boy

abc123mozart said:
Dear KingofSpades,

You're an idiot. The dreamcast was bound to be a big flop, since they couldnt even supply enough for preorders. Also, when dreamcast was out,
PS2 was getting more attention, and evidently did ALOT better in sales. Look at PS3 vs Wii now...who's getting more attention? Wii.
Silly,Silly Boy
Dear Mozart, or whateverthe****youwannabecalled. You're a ****in' prick. He's entitled to his own opinion, and you have no right to call him an idiot. Get over the fact that not everyone is totally obsessed with Nintendo and won't back it up in every single situation. Seriously. I'm an N fanboy, but you people who have insulted this guy for his opinion have dissapointed me. *Sigh*

I just find the fact sad that whenever someone creates a "negative" thread about the Wii, the thread explodes, yet when it's not, its like 3 pages at the most. Which is rare. I'm sure if I created a thread saying: The PS3 is looking better right now, why should I still get a Wii? Or something like that, the thread would get 3 pages by the end of the night!

nic7 said:
Freinds getting ps3: 3 ( 2 of which waiting for price drop)
Freinds that have or plan on getting a 360( + me): 6
Freinds getting wii: 14
Freinds who cant afford anything: 5

2 freinds are getting ps3 wii
1 freind getting ps3 wii 360 (rich)
3 (including me) getting 360 and wii

And also, ive seen some of those threads for ps3chat or whatever, and they are not nearly as filled as this one.Actually there are about 15,000 posts under nintendo wii chat here where as under ps3 chat there is about 100. obviously this is only one place, but it doesnt give much justice to that statement.( just looked at ps3forums.com and it is straightout ownage, im sorry for what i said about us beating it)

Well iv been to 2 ps3 sites... http://boardsus.playstation.com/ and some other one (forget the link) and they easily have thousands and thousands of postes, and i could expecta reply to one of my comments within half an hour or less, where as here it takes a day or more, i only see 2-500 replies per thread on here so it gets very boring. On the ps3 sites i see 10 000+ replies. Anyways i dont want to start up a huge arguement, i just wanted to clarify that u must have looked at the wrong site or u could just making it up. Well to the complainers about the prices, people that have jobs wont have to worry about the ps3 price because they can afford it, and in total yes 360 costes more than ps3 if u want to upgrade it to the ps3's level. Additinal things such as the intercooler, hd dvd drive, xbox live...and some other stuff, coste money so it build up, wii still stays cheap, but also on the downside for wii it doesnt have those accessories that the other consoles have so it wont quite have as much, which some gamers (depends on who) wont accept over ps3 & xbox, like myself for example. I agree they cant stray from the gaming focus, which is good that nintendo is doing that, theyr focusing on their games, but so are the other game developers and the others have better technology to work with. Its argueable that the coste of the ps3 is worth every penny. People that already have dvd players, computers and cd players wont want to pay extra money for all that crap. However to the other people that want them, theyr saving cash. Anyways i was just wondering, what good games are coming out for wii that arent mario or zelda games? (and dont give me crap like monkey ball please) Thanks.Sorry if i annoyed anyone with this poste, its another negative one but i can help myself lol. So no offence to anyone here. By the way im not rlly up to date with the rules here, i dont come here often, are we not supposed to poste links? Sorry about the link if we arent aloud.

Last edited:
abc123mozart said:
Dear KingofSpades,

Silly,Silly Boy

Dear Mozart,

Actually both sides are getting attention. Wii for it's innovative controller and Sony for it's profit loss, high price, and batteries :lol:

kingofspades said:
as we all know, the dreamcast was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii youll notice that they aint so different. dreamcast focused on the younger crowds, tried to create bizarre games. but it just didnt work out. the ps2 came out and muscled it down to a third party half assed game creating company.
I am thinking the Wii will be the excatly the same ! :( Heres the Wii's Future :( : as we all know, the wii was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii 2 youll notice that they aint so different. wii focused on the younger crowds, tried to create bizarre games. but it just didnt work out. the ps3 and xbox360 came out and the console became a flop.
I am sorry , but now I am thinking that kingofspades is right :( :( :(.

wiicanchangetheworld said:
I am thinking the Wii will be the excatly the same ! :( Heres the Wii's Future :( : as we all know, the wii was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii 2 youll notice that they aint so different. wii focused on the younger crowds, tried to create bizarre games. but it just didnt work out. the ps3 and xbox360 came out and the console became a flop.
I am sorry , but now I am thinking that kingofspades is right :( :( :(.

your speaking nonsense its not focusing on younger grounds, its more of everyone

Wii is probably not much better than the cube. ( Zelda TP for cube AND Wii!!)
The only new ist the remote controller - if the controller sucks, the Wii is even worse than Dreamcast. Remember, Dreamcast itself wasn't bad at all - it was just bad luck. But with the wii Nintendo plays a dangerous game.

Back