Wii uses lack of processing power to push developers

[DT] said:
Howdy Folks!

I'd rephrase the title of this topic to something along the lines of:

"Developers emphasize art direction and gameplay to accommodate Wii's processing power"

I don't believe in some Nintendo master plan to build less capable (vs. 360/PS3) hardware in an attempt to force developers into building better games.

Along those same lines, there was another comment (not singling anyone out):

"nintendo scaled down on the graphics to make more room for other things like better gameplay"

Nintendo didn't have to "make room" for anything - they simply targeted a performance and price point for their platform and assumed that a combination of brand recognition/1st party titles, cost and UI tech would sell consoles, and they were correct!

I agree with you 100%! I'm getting tired of people making excuses for Nintendo and the wii. They don't need excuses. The wii is what it is, take it or leave it. As you said, in the above, they knew what they were doing and their gamble paid off, big time!

[/QUOTE] That being said, developers targeting the Wii as a development platform will want to be as competitive as possible. As the software library for the Wii grows, if publishers don't want to get lost in the wash, they will need to make their products as standout as possible. I suspect that means we'll see more optimal use of the hardware and controllers, better, more interesting storylines, etc., and a 2nd generation of games that are much better than the current crop of titles! [/QUOTE]

I truly hope so...

~DT

Totally off topic sidenote:

Sea Battle for Intellivision? Wow, how great was that game :D[/QUOTE]

ok i think comparing to the graphics of halo 3, which was stunning, yes the enviroment wasn't all good but still it look real enought to touch.
and the wii has just more art into it. nice and all but it just depends on what u care more about. i personly like them both, they should get married and have the perfect kid, stunning graphics that look realer thenlife it self and have the most beautiful art work on top of that.

Back