Wii's Online Use?

retro_joe

Fully NextGen Enabled
Mar 19, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
So does having online capability with Wii really much use? i mean.. does it play games over internet? or is it just a messenger with a wiimote that can check the weather/news..

At the moment, you can't play any games over the net, the first in Australia will be Mario Strikers Charged Football, with many others after that. There is no messenger at the moment either, you can send Emails to other Wii users though. You can check the weather and news, and also surf the web, and the Wii Shop Channel, which is the best part about haveing it online. Downloading Nintendo titles from days gone. It brings back so many memorys.

What he said... but you can email anyone, not just wii users (as long as they accept you). Yeah, no online gaming till June 20 something (in the states). But they'll come soon enough... BWii, MP:3, Charged, Pokemon, SSBB, etc ... all which are 2007 titles.

its preaty cool being able to surf the web on the t.v:) My dad is always on youtube on his spare time.

So pretty much a PS3 has better online capability, /noted.

Won't bother screwing with it again seeing as it doesn't even have online play. I can send emails on my pc, typing it out it alot better then the novelty with a wiimote.

Well, if by better " online capabilities" you're simply referring to online gaming, then yes the PS3 has better online gaming, so does the 360, Xbox, PS2, PSP, and DS. So far the only thing close to online gaming on the Wii is Elebits, which uses connect24 to trade user-created maps with other players. Neat feature, but doesn't allow you to play against people online. No worries... just 3 more months...

You can exchange your console code so you can send emails and miis to other peoples consoles at the moment.

What was confirmed is Nintendo can make virtually any game online(Which is now fact for all 3 next gen consoles). Even VC. However Nintendo also commented their focus is a handful of games starting out. There will eventually be people who will hack the Wii to play VC games Zbattle style(Probably). Only time will tell all.

Nintendo is estimated to sell over 15 million Wiis by the end of 2007. That's more potential online users than WoW. If you didn't play WoW, then you have no clue the pain of running a 8 million person game.

360 didn't have online games for a while when it came out. Comming out this summer, SSBB, mario super strikers charged, no more heros, pokemon revolutions, be paceint(sp) slow and steady wins the race.

I_Smell_of_Wii said:
So how do I find my online code and username then?
If you look in your address book, which can be found through the message place (I can't remember the name of it now). The very first page of your address book will have your 16 digit console number. Your username is whatever you called your console, but it doesn't matter what you tell people your username is, only your online code.

what i dont get is why everyone knocks the wiis online capabilities

did everyone forget that its still a new system? remember when Playstation ONE came out and it wasnt online at first? :confused:

give it time and when it does go online, i highly doubt anyone will be disappointed

Wiitendo said:
360 didn't have online games for a while when it came out. Comming out this summer, SSBB, mario super strikers charged, no more heros, pokemon revolutions, be paceint(sp) slow and steady wins the race.

Teheh and Battalion Wars..YAY!

Wiitendo said:

what the hell the 360 was online since the first day of launch. in the u.s

Back